Become a Patron!

Freemax Fireluke Mesh review by Mjag. Will it finally be what gets mesh popular?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
pkA5BPy.jpg

Mesh saw a resurgence last year with some RDA's and a RTA, I personally only reviewed one, the Cthulhu Azeroth RDA. With some trial and error mesh can be good but my experience didn't have me wanting to buy any mesh tanks I could get my hands on.

Freemax has entered the mesh fray with the Fireluke Mesh sub ohm tank, first mesh sub ohm tank that I am aware of. Will this be what finally makes mesh popular to the masses? let's take a look.

What's included

• Fireluke mesh tank with 0.15 ohm mesh coil pre-installed
  • 1 extra 0.15 ohm Kanthal Mesh coil rated from 40 to 90 watts
  • Spare glass
  • Spare o'rings
Specs

• 24mm x 41.5mm with drip tip not including 510
  • 3ml capacity (verified with syringe)
  • 810 drip tip compatible with internal o'ring for friction fit goon style drip tips
  • Adjustable airflow

Available in 14 different color and material options

aCD7ecT.jpg

Freemax's explanation of the mesh advantages

iOBu81z.jpg

Fit and finish

Right out of the box the tank is as solid as can be, smooth airflow hole adjustment, decent threading and the 810 drip tip is neither too loose or tight, just right. This was with the purple carbon fiber, I also received a "Red" resin which I wish they would just call pink as that is what it is. The resin was about the same with the exception of the AFC which was tight. With use the resin will loosen up once some condensation gets in there though.

They really paid attention to the 810, not only will it take TFV8 style 810 drip tips with dual o'rings but also included a inner o'ring into the opening so friction fit goon style 810 drip tips fit as well. The included drip tip is a little on the short side but it matches, I used it most of the time with little complaint.

In use

After priming the coils, something you should do with any sub ohm tank I proceeded to fill it up with a syringe loaded with 3ml of juice, right to the tippity top, juice capacity confirmed.

The coils are Kanthal mesh, both the same, no other coil options are available at this time. Rated at 40 to 90 watts I started at 40 watts and worked my way up. At 40 watts it is a nice cool draw, very airy draw, more so than the Crown 3 and noisy as well, not whistling but just a turbulent sound to it. The noise didn't disturb me but other's may feel differently and it should be noted how noisy it can be compared to other tanks. Working my way up, 10 watts at a time, I found it just get better the more I pushed it. At 90 watts it was a nice warm vape and I pushed it past that to 120 watts and it still took it no problem. At 120 is when the top of the tank began to get a little too warm for my liking if I chain vaped though so I stopped there.
In my normal everyday use I vaped between 60 to 75 watts depending on the juice for a nice cool to warmish vape, cranking it up when I need it a little more hot but it never became uncomfortably hot.

Flavor was really good but different, it was a dry vape and as such it was easier to get the different flavor notes from juices. Some juices I tasted flavors that I hadn't before, that was more of a separation between flavors. Some people like a juicier vape, this may not be for them but I would definitely recommend they try it for a different experience. I also noticed that when changing flavors it didn't take long for the old flavor to go away and the new flavor to take over. This might be due to how efficiently the mesh cooks the juice in the cotton evenly.

The Fireluke Mesh won't win you any cloud competitions but it does chuck a nice dense cloud, if you chuck a cloud in front of a mirror at 75 watts you won't see your face for a few seconds, an improvement for me...lol.

Coil life is fantastic, got more than 3 weeks of daily use before I felt the need to change the coils. I removed the mesh to see how it looked, not bad, there was a little more crud on it before I shimmied and straightened it out. I am thinking one of the juices I tried gunked it up, got some new flavors in which may have contributed to that. If I had just used some clean juice the whole time I am thinking a month or more is possible.

Almost a month of use on this mesh, the middle had more gunk that came off with my pliers and straightening for the pic.
4MA36CH.jpg

In the months time I have used the Fireluke Mesh my only real complaint is how fast you can go through it's 3ml capacity. I have filled it up twice just writing this review and taking pics. It's a burner for sure, it does reward you with great flavor for being such a glutton though. This tank really could use an extension or better yet a bubble glass to increase its capacity.

Pros

• Great flavor
  • Dense and satisfying cloud production
  • Handled power well past its rated limit
  • Coil life
  • Quick transition from one flavor to another
  • Build quality

Cons

• Juice hog
  • 3ml capacity, this tank would benefit form a bubble glass
  • Only 1 coil option available, a SS316L mesh option would be nice
  • No RTA options

Final thoughts

I started off this review with questioning mesh and if it will ever be popular. Well I can say this is the best implementation of mesh I have personally used and would love to see more prebuilt mesh options in the future. The flavor is great, I am getting hooked on it since I DIY my own juices, easier to pick up different flavor notes.

The downside is definitely how quickly you go through juice, if you DIY your own juice then problem solved. If I was still buying juice on the regular I might pause to use the Fireluke Mesh as my everyday tank, I could easily burn through 25 to 30ml of juice in a day.

The Freemax Fireluke Mesh is an easy recommendation if you can live with the cons, I can and will be ordering more coils for this tank, possibly another tank as well. As always this is a good site to look for deals: http://www.vapecrawler.com/results/Fireluke mesh

Thanks to Feemax for the opportunity to review the Fireluke Mesh, you can find more info here. Thank you for reading thus far as well, I hope I have helped and if there are any other questions I can answer feel free to ask.

Pics on other mods

Smoant Cylon
eXhxU2l.jpg

Vapecige Creator
OLf3cWh.jpg

iJoy Zenith
mscSfGf.jpg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review matey as always :cheers:

What is it with you and pink! Lmfao :banana:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review matey as always :cheers:

What is it with you and pink! Lmfao :banana:
I know right......lmao.....Freemax does it on purpose so I will buy another tank...eyeing the black resin.

Thanks man

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors