Become a Patron!

Freemax Mesh Pro Sub-Ohm tank: A short and sweet review

CapVanillaCustard

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
liOIa4u.jpg

Freemax Mesh Pro Sub-Ohm Tank Review

Hey everyone!

Freemax sent two of their new Mesh Pro sub-ohm tanks to me about a month ago. I'm usually not a fan of sub-ohm tanks but I've put 65+ fills through them because of how good the flavor is!

It's a 28mm tank that comes in 6 resin finishes. The resin is quite well done, looks very pretty. The packaging is really nice and it includes a spare bubble tank and two coil heads in total.

I've been using my main ADV (85VG) to test this. No issue wicking 85VG.

Photos - Album
Flavor

I tried the single mesh, SS316L 0.15Ω coil first at around 70 watts. Great flavor, generous clouds but not quite enough to make me put down the Blitzen.

Then I tried the triple mesh, Kanthal 0.15Ω coil at 90 watts. Holy, this one blew me away! Flavor so saturated it feels like you're drinking it! Great clouds as well. Best sub-ohm tank experience to date. I took the build out of the Blitzen, gave it a wash and put it away.

The double mesh, Kanthal 0.2Ω coil was also pretty great. The double and the triple are very similar in experience. You get a bit more flavor and clouds from the triple if you've got the extra power and juice to spare.

No pop in any of the coils.

jyllmAP.jpg

Positives

Flavor

There's very little reason to get into RTAs when you get flavor this intense from a sub ohm tank, provided you don't mind the cost of coils. Nothing but praise for this tank when it comes to flavor.

Keep in mind you're going to run through juice faster than usual because it's mesh and because you're pumping so much wattage through them.

Coil life

In my experience mesh coils gunk up slower than wire coils and there's no exception here.

I put 25 fills into the single mesh before I took it out. It was vaping just fine but I had other coils to test. I put about 30 fills in the triple mesh and it's still going! I put the double mesh through about 10 fills before switching it out for the triple.

This is extremely impressive! I typically have to re-wick RTAs about every 10-15 refills while these ones go through at least twice as much juice without any degradation in flavor.

The cost of the coils don't seem too bad when you factor in how long they last.

No leaks, no condensation buildups

No problem leaving it sideways overnight. No condensation build up inside/around the airflow slots from vaping.​

Negatives

Slide fill

Slide fill is super convenient but it slides open way too easily. It accidentally opened in my pocket twice and juice leaked through the airflow. I just stopped pocketing it since then. I'd like to see some kind of mechanism to lock the slide, or a screw cap in the next version.

Aesthetics

Taste is subjective and you might disagree with me here. I love the resin finish but I do not like the various curves and angles on the tank. When I first took it out of the packaging I thought it must've come from Alibaba's cave, lol. The bubble tank is pretty unattractive, too.

I prefer a more minimalist, cylindrical design like the CoilART Mage Subtank.

Wicking issues with the double and triple mesh coils

The single and double mesh coil has 4 wick slits each. The triple has 6. The slits on the double and triple mesh coils are also a little taller, almost goes half way up the tank.

So, if your tank is less than half full and you're chain vaping, you're gonna get dry hits. The more power you throw at the coils the faster they'll need to wick, and at a tilt the wick slits above the liquid level won't get saturated quickly enough. If you're chain vaping make sure you bring the tank up right every couple of puffs to saturate all of the wick slits.

I don't see what they could've done to make it better. Mesh runs tall and so the wick slits need to be tall as well.
a8mxzAY.jpg

Should I consider one if I only use RTAs?

Well. I've always been a rebuildable guy. I never tried a sub-ohm tank that put out flavor as good as a RDA/RTA. I'm not a fan of spending $3 for a coil either when I can rebuild for pennies.

The Mesh Pro is a glorious exception. The flavor from the triple mesh rivals any RTA I've tried. The wire coils I build need to be dry burned/replaced way sooner than these mesh coils!

I feel like the convenience of switching coils in seconds without sacrificing the flavor is totally worth the few extra dollars it costs. It's not a bad tank to have in the collection if you're not on a tight budget.

Should I consider one if I'm a new vaper?

Yes! This is a great choice if you're looking for a lot of flavor and a lot of vapor without dipping your toes into rebuildables. Just make sure you have a mod that can deliver 70-100 watts for a good amount of time.

~TLDR & Conclusion

It's just a great tank. It puts out amazing flavor and the coils last a long time. I personally find it a rather unattractive, the slide fill isn't very pocket friendly but these things are very easy to overlook when it performs this well.

This is a no brainer if you're looking for a new tank and have a mod that can put out 70+ watts. If you use RTAs you might be interested in keeping one in hand just to avoid rebuilding time to time.

I'm on Instagram now as well. I post daily photos of my stuff and gear that are in the review queue. I'd appreciate it if you guys checked it out!

Specs
  • Height: 44mm (ex. drip tip & 510)

• Diameter: 28mm

• Weight: 41g (ex. drip tip & coil)

• Juice capacity: 6ml max. Depends on coil and tank glass.

• Included coils: 2

• Coil price: ~3.32 for double and triple mesh.

Where to buy

You can find the Freemax Mesh Pro tank pretty much everywhere. I recommend the following sites because I deal with all of them on a regular basis and I have nothing but great things to say about their customer service.
tFQAoEz.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
liOIa4u.jpg

Freemax Mesh Pro Sub-Ohm Tank Review

Hey everyone!

Freemax sent two of their new Mesh Pro sub-ohm tanks to me about a month ago. I'm usually not a fan of sub-ohm tanks but I've put 65+ fills through them because of how good the flavor is!

It's a 28mm tank that comes in 6 resin finishes. The resin is quite well done, looks very pretty. The packaging is really nice and it includes a spare bubble tank and two coil heads in total.

I've been using my main ADV (85VG) to test this. No issue wicking 85VG.

Photos - Album
Flavor

I tried the single mesh, SS316L 0.15Ω coil first at around 70 watts. Great flavor, generous clouds but not quite enough to make me put down the Blitzen.

Then I tried the triple mesh, Kanthal 0.15Ω coil at 90 watts. Holy, this one blew me away! Flavor so saturated it feels like you're drinking it! Great clouds as well. Best sub-ohm tank experience to date. I took the build out of the Blitzen, gave it a wash and put it away.

The double mesh, Kanthal 0.2Ω coil was also pretty great. The double and the triple are very similar in experience. You get a bit more flavor and clouds from the triple if you've got the extra power and juice to spare.

No pop in any of the coils.

jyllmAP.jpg

Positives

Flavor

There's very little reason to get into RTAs when you get flavor this intense from a sub ohm tank, provided you don't mind the cost of coils. Nothing but praise for this tank when it comes to flavor.

Keep in mind you're going to run through juice faster than usual because it's mesh and because you're pumping so much wattage through them.

Coil life

In my experience mesh coils gunk up slower than wire coils and there's no exception here.

I put 25 fills into the single mesh before I took it out. It was vaping just fine but I had other coils to test. I put about 30 fills in the triple mesh and it's still going! I put the double mesh through about 10 fills before switching it out for the triple.

This is extremely impressive! I typically have to re-wick RTAs about every 10-15 refills while these ones go through at least twice as much juice without any degradation in flavor.

The cost of the coils don't seem too bad when you factor in how long they last.

No leaks, no condensation buildups

No problem leaving it sideways overnight. No condensation build up inside/around the airflow slots from vaping.​

Negatives

Slide fill

Slide fill is super convenient but it slides open way too easily. It accidentally opened in my pocket twice and juice leaked through the airflow. I just stopped pocketing it since then. I'd like to see some kind of mechanism to lock the slide, or a screw cap in the next version.

Aesthetics

Taste is subjective and you might disagree with me here. I love the resin finish but I do not like the various curves and angles on the tank. When I first took it out of the packaging I thought it must've come from Alibaba's cave, lol. The bubble tank is pretty unattractive, too.

I prefer a more minimalist, cylindrical design like the CoilART Mage Subtank.

Wicking issues with the double and triple mesh coils

The single and double mesh coil has 4 wick slits each. The triple has 6. The slits on the double and triple mesh coils are also a little taller, almost goes half way up the tank.

So, if your tank is less than half full and you're chain vaping, you're gonna get dry hits. The more power you throw at the coils the faster they'll need to wick, and at a tilt the wick slits above the liquid level won't get saturated quickly enough. If you're chain vaping make sure you bring the tank up right every couple of puffs to saturate all of the wick slits.

I don't see what they could've done to make it better. Mesh runs tall and so the wick slits need to be tall as well.
a8mxzAY.jpg

Should I consider one if I only use RTAs?

Well. I've always been a rebuildable guy. I never tried a sub-ohm tank that put out flavor as good as a RDA/RTA. I'm not a fan of spending $3 for a coil either when I can rebuild for pennies.

The Mesh Pro is a glorious exception. The flavor from the triple mesh rivals any RTA I've tried. The wire coils I build need to be dry burned/replaced way sooner than these mesh coils!

I feel like the convenience of switching coils in seconds without sacrificing the flavor is totally worth the few extra dollars it costs. It's not a bad tank to have in the collection if you're not on a tight budget.

Should I consider one if I'm a new vaper?

Yes! This is a great choice if you're looking for a lot of flavor and a lot of vapor without dipping your toes into rebuildables. Just make sure you have a mod that can deliver 70-100 watts for a good amount of time.

~TLDR & Conclusion

It's just a great tank. It puts out amazing flavor and the coils last a long time. I personally find it a rather unattractive, the slide fill isn't very pocket friendly but these things are very easy to overlook when it performs this well.

This is a no brainer if you're looking for a new tank and have a mod that can put out 70+ watts. If you use RTAs you might be interested in keeping one in hand just to avoid rebuilding time to time.

I'm on Instagram now as well. I post daily photos of my stuff and gear that are in the review queue. I'd appreciate it if you guys checked it out!

Specs
  • Height: 44mm (ex. drip tip & 510)

• Diameter: 28mm

• Weight: 41g (ex. drip tip & coil)

• Juice capacity: 6ml max. Depends on coil and tank glass.

• Included coils: 2

• Coil price: ~3.32 for double and triple mesh.

Where to buy

You can find the Freemax Mesh Pro tank pretty much everywhere. I recommend the following sites because I deal with all of them on a regular basis and I have nothing but great things to say about their customer service.
tFQAoEz.jpg
Nice review! I especially like that you took photos of the inside the dual and tripple coils. It's not what I expected but nice to hear you like how they perform. I want one of these tanks. I got their first mesh tank. The coils are great and last a very long time for me.

CapVanillaCustard

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Frank! I really appreciate it :)

The double and triple coils look more like the notch coils than traditional mesh right? I'm used to seeing finer, softer mesh. These look flat and hard. They vape great though!

AFAIK these new coils work with the older Fireluke coils, just in case you wanna test drive those before getting the whole package :D

VU Sponsors