Become a Patron!

Freemax starre pro-one is leaking, JFC fix?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone.

I have 2 freemax starre pro's, one silver with the RBA in, and a black one with the standard NI200 coil in.

The silver one works fine and has the RBA for it in there (I bought it for it) but the newer black ones juice flow seems to be broken.

I fill it, and turn it to OFF, but I can still vape the whole tank with the juice flow off, and if I leave it it dumps the whole tanks of juice over my mod.

Now-does anyone else have this problem, or is it my black one? I think it is as the silver one does not do this.

On my silver one, it is slightly different, on the JFC it has a line with an arrow, and one side says off, one says on.

The black one says Vape where on would be, and refill where off would be on the silver one.

Also, there is a VERY noticeable difference in juice flow on the Silver freemax starre, I have to have it set about half way, as full on it is too much juice.

So, has anyone got any ideas-and how to sort out the juice flow control on the Freemax starre pro?

The black one is newer than the silver one, the silver one I bought used with no coils and got the RBA seperate, but I also have bought the RBA for the black one, which I will likely put in later.

Any help would be much appreciated :).

Thank you all, Conan.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK this seems a common problem in some star pros, I have found a youtube video review that says it has the leaking fix in it, I will report back if that works.

While I am doing this though-could someone else if they know also explain how to fix it? If no one can, and the fix works, I will put it here for everyone with a leaking freemax starre pro if it works.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK-For some stupid reason-the way you fill the newer model is OPPOSITE to the other star pro I own. You want the juice flow ON when you fill it, and OFF when you vape it. The only problem I see now, is that how will this fix the leaking problem? Do I turn it to on to stop the leaking? I will have to try and find out.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AHH-I have noticed something, where it says OFF on the silver one, it says VAPE on the silver, and ON on the black is refill.

I think on and off would of led to less confusion here, essentially reversing the way you would think it would work, juice flow ON is when you refill, OFF is when you vape, and on the silver you can see this, the more you turn towards off, you can see the juice flowing MUCH more freely with bubbles.

I hope this has sorted it, but slightly confused as to why they have changed it, maybe they thought it would make it easier, but its actually made it a bit more confusing? Like on the silver it has an arrow pointing to the right, growing in size, indicating more juice flow, but this is actually labelled OFF on ALL models, and vape on newer models.

So VAPE actually is the juice flow OFF entirely, I must of had it not completely off before as now, if set to vape, it dries out, turn it towards refill and it works. So essentially, the new one is back to front, if you want juice to go to the coil you turn towards refill, NOT vape! So the entire time I had the juice flow wide open, which is why it was leaking.

Its not dumped the juice yet with the airholes opened, usually has done by now, so the video really helped
it explains around halfway through how to fill it without leaking.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK problem 100% solved. I have left the tanks with the airholes opened, anticlockwise on the black one keeps it closed and no leaks, while on the silver it seems to be the opposite.

Neither are leaking now though, so problem solved.

I hope this can help anyone else with a freemax starre pro leaking.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had no leaks with mine but I must say that starre pro is the biggest let down I've bought to date, the og starre is money but the pro not so much. I hated the thing so much I transplanted the glass over to my og starre and put the pro into the parts box. It's come in handy for some o rings already cuz the thing sure has enough of them.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had no leaks with mine but I must say that starre pro is the biggest let down I've bought to date, the og starre is money but the pro not so much. I hated the thing so much I transplanted the glass over to my og starre and put the pro into the parts box. It's come in handy for some o rings already cuz the thing sure has enough of them.
Ahh thats a shame :(, I find mine with the RBA to be a great tank-those and the aromamizer get the most use, then my crius. Those are personally MY top 3 tanks.

What was it you did not like about the tank?

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Too much air. I closed off the airflow near the drip trip completely but it was still to airy. It was so airy I found that I could close the air off on the bottom and top and still use the tank which is ridiculous. I guess that's what you get when you make things overly complicated with so many o rings.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too much air. I closed off the airflow near the drip trip completely but it was still to airy. It was so airy I found that I could close the air off on the bottom and top and still use the tank which is ridiculous. I guess that's what you get when you make things overly complicated with so many o rings.
Fair play. It is actually a very airy tank, and I use it on the minimum opening with the top air hole by the drip tip off. I tend to enjoy a slightly more restricted vape, not enitirely, but it IS an airy tank so I can't deny that.

I find it fine with the RBA if you pack it a bit tighter it is a bit more restrictive and I like it like that. But, you have to buy the RBA seperately, so on it's own, that is a reason to dislike it.

Thats fair reason for you not liking it. Just some people don't like things due to others influence if you get what I mean-it's good to know you are not one of them :)

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Love my Starre Pro.
Never leaks. Great flavor and vapor.
IMHO

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I considered the Starre pro but went with the original, pretty much flawless. If you are looking for something similar to the Pro, check out the Herakles plus. I picked one up recently and just bought a second one tonight. It has a slight bit of weeping out of the bottom AFC but the top AFC works really well. Not a flavor killer at all and gives you a very unique vaping experience.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I considered the Starre pro but went with the original, pretty much flawless. If you are looking for something similar to the Pro, check out the Herakles plus. I picked one up recently and just bought a second one tonight. It has a slight bit of weeping out of the bottom AFC but the top AFC works really well. Not a flavor killer at all and gives you a very unique vaping experience.
Thanks, I will look in to that. I have bought a LOT this month though, like about 7 tanks and drippers, 700ML of concentrates, PG, VG, different types of SS, 3 or 4 mods, so I will see how much it is-because I am getting back into my music, I am getting a interface tomorrow to record into logic X, as I did used to be involved in the grime scene of music. (I already have the interface and have tested it-its just that it is a present so I get it tomorrow)

I mainly listen to metal but I am going to produce grime with metal influences, not sure how it will turn out, but I will vocal it like I used to, the only thing missing is a set of studio monitors-so I need a few hundred pounds at least to get them, as I need a set that are of good quality, for now I will be using pretty much industry standard Sennheiser HD-25 I-II headphones to mix down and master with, but it's always better to use monitors so you can actually feel the music too, so the basslines do not overpower anything else, and also to ensure your kick drums are out of the frequency range of your bassline to be able to hear it clearly.

Rollincoal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had my Starre pro for about a week and am not really impressed either. I find the flavor to b off and it seems the flavor from the coil fall pretty quick. This is all compared to the original Starre/maganus. I used 2 brand new .25 kanthol coils from the same pack of 5, both installed the same time and both with the same juice and mod. Ipv4. With the strawberry custard, the pro brings out alot more strawberries and little custard, the original Starre produces much more custardy sweetness at the same watts, 80w. All my other tanks bring out the custard of this juice as well. Also, a maganus coil doesnt work well in the pro. Real easy to get dry hits. Does the juice flow/spring loaded chimney thing cause restrictions in juice flow that u can only use freemax coils? I've used all kinds of coils in my maganus and og Starre.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had my Starre pro for about a week and am not really impressed either. I find the flavor to b off and it seems the flavor from the coil fall pretty quick. This is all compared to the original Starre/maganus. I used 2 brand new .25 kanthol coils from the same pack of 5, both installed the same time and both with the same juice and mod. Ipv4. With the strawberry custard, the pro brings out alot more strawberries and little custard, the original Starre produces much more custardy sweetness at the same watts, 80w. All my other tanks bring out the custard of this juice as well. Also, a maganus coil doesnt work well in the pro. Real easy to get dry hits. Does the juice flow/spring loaded chimney thing cause restrictions in juice flow that u can only use freemax coils? I've used all kinds of coils in my maganus and og Starre.
I find mine to be in my top 3 flavour wise, it was just a leaking problem-due to a printing error, the on/off was reversed, so when I had it set to "vape" it was juice flow OFF and when it was set to 'refill' it was ON, so thats why it was leaking. My silver one is on/off, but my black one has those words instead, but the wrong way around.

I am using the 0.25 coils for TC, my silver one is set up with the RBA as I tend to prefer them with standard kanthal at the moment. I will be honest, the coils seem OK to me, but I can't compare to the original freemax starre, but its in my top 3 of Crius, aromamizer and starre pro.

I don't use mine at such a high wattage, I use mine at around 32W with the TC model coil as the TC kicks in even below this level, so I have just set it to no ramp up time really.

My silver one, with the RBA and standard kanthal coils IS more flavoursome though.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Starre pro is still the worst tank purchase I've made in the last few years. But again it's a great donor for some extra rings from time to time.

VU Sponsors