Member For 4 Years
You know its getting bad when even the moderators don't stay on subject. LOL
Fastteck has them cheap
Yeah but waiting on that long boat ride from China can be a drag, lol

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or worse yet --- cause you to wanna drag !!!
Lol
I don't do anything from fastech or anybody over in China for that reason..when I do order its from a vendor that offers 2-3 day priority shipping... money is not an issue, as I want it and I want it NOW! lol

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol
I don't do anything from fastech or anybody over in China for that reason..when I do order its from a vendor that offers 2-3 day priority shipping... money is not an issue, as I want it and I want it NOW! lol

For me being in canada. Most times I order from the states. However when I do it usually travels the wrong way for a week. Then gets to canadian customs in missasauga and sits for a week. Travels to my province then to my town. Average time about 2.5 weeks. When I order from china. If it ships from china not malaysia or sinapore. With the $2 express charge 12 to 15 days. None of the local vape shops have anything I want so I'm at the mercy of the postman.
and canada customs.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
For me personally I love this tank but I can't use it all day. It's almost too much for me lolol. Never thought I would say that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the starre was made to compete with his brothers( owner of horizon) artic tank. Then he sold the Freemax to vapeston to which it is now the maganus and believe only minor changes were made to it, slight bigger airflow and .2 ohm coil up to 100w to the .25 coils which are "150w" via Google

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
actually the maganus is still coming out from Vapeston, The Freemax Starre is still being marketed.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also seen a vid that the segatank rda fires in the freemax/maganus

It was actually here on vu

Last edited:

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Quick update. Once ur coil tastes shot: it's easy to take apart, cleaned coil in UC cleaner and replaced the cotton. Works like a champ for those interested

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick update. Once ur coil tastes shot: it's easy to take apart, cleaned coil in UC cleaner and replaced the cotton. Works like a champ for those interested
Been waiting for coil to drop off so I could tear it down. So being as you beat me to it. Which way did you remove th coil. From the botom or top ? Did the UC cleaner remove the black crud well. Was it hard to remove the cotton without separating the parallel coils ? Oh yah how was the condition of the rubber insulator at the positive post

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Been waiting for coil to drop off so I could tear it down. So being as you beat me to it. Which way did you remove th coil. From the botom or top ? Did the UC cleaner remove the black crud well. Was it hard to remove the cotton without separating the parallel coils ? Oh yah how was the condition of the rubber insulator at the positive post
Hey there @nodor, after removing the stop and rubber insulator I pushed the coil assembly up through the housing. The ultrasonic did a very good job. Once it was done a few times I connected it to one of my rda's to dry burn the rest off and back into a final uc cleaning. Coil looked new. The cotton was actually in two pcs kinda like a clam shell around the coil. These came off easily and the two coils stayed together. The rubber insulator was a bit dirty but no damage. I just put two pcs of new cotton on it and pushed the assembly back in from the bottom. It was too hard from the top without it all coming apart. Hope it helps

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks @TheVapingDevil . I was concerned that the two coils would get squashed when pushing them out and end up shorting to each other. Sounds like it went well for you so I guess I'll give it a shot myself. I assume that they have a second cotton sheet around the feed holes. I was planning to replace that with mesh on my Atlantis coils when next building them but thats probably not going to happen now so I'll try that with these coils.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
@nodor, thanks for the reply. There is a second layer around the feed holes. I left mine in. They don't fall out easily like the Atlantis does. I did have to push one side down a little bit. A dental pick is a great tool with these coils. I think the mesh is a great idea. Let me know if you ever do one.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone use the .5 ohm coils? How do they perform against the .25 ones? I love my .25 coils and have had nothing but success with em, but I am hoping the .5 performs as well and cuts abit into the high juice consumption problem.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone use the .5 ohm coils? How do they perform against the .25 ones? I love my .25 coils and have had nothing but success with em, but I am hoping the .5 performs as well and cuts abit into the high juice consumption problem.
I ordered the Starre and it should be here tomorrow, but I didn't know about .5 ohm coils being available..I hope I didn't mess up ordering a box of the .25 ohm coils for it too...

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I ordered the Starre and it should be here tomorrow, but I didn't know about .5 ohm coils being available..I hope I didn't mess up ordering a box of the .25 ohm coils for it too...

Hey there @smacksy , congrats on your Starre purchase. I am sure you will love it. In my experience the .25 coils are good but a little warm for me. The vapor production is insane with these as is the juice consumption. I found I like the .5 coils a bit more. The clouds are still huge (bigger than the Atlantis hands down) and the flavor is amazing. Juice consumption is still high with the dual vertical coils but not nearly like the .25 coils. I ordered a box of both .25 and .5 at time of purchase. When its time to reorder, I will get the .5 as I do like them and will get more use than the .25. Well that is until the next big item comes out probably in a week. Oh yea, the Sigelei has their tank coming out in a week or so and it looks promising. Again they all look promising until the users actually get them and put em through the tests :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there @smacksy , congrats on your Starre purchase. I am sure you will love it. In my experience the .25 coils are good but a little warm for me. The vapor production is insane with these as is the juice consumption. I found I like the .5 coils a bit more. The clouds are still huge (bigger than the Atlantis hands down) and the flavor is amazing. Juice consumption is still high with the dual vertical coils but not nearly like the .25 coils. I ordered a box of both .25 and .5 at time of purchase. When its time to reorder, I will get the .5 as I do like them and will get more use than the .25. Well that is until the next big item comes out probably in a week. Oh yea, the Sigelei has their tank coming out in a week or so and it looks promising. Again they all look promising until the users actually get them and put em through the tests :)
I like my vape to be a little warm but not hot, like burn my tongue hot..lol
I vape the .2 ohm coil in the Arctic at 65w and its a perfect vape for me..not too warm but very flavorful and thick..
The only drawback to the Arctic is its small 3ml tank.. I'm constantly refilling it..
I hope the Starre with the 5ml tank lasts a little longer..

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I vape the .2 ohm coil in the Arctic at 65w and its a perfect vape for me..not too warm but very flavorful and thick..
The only drawback to the Arctic is its small 3ml tank.. I'm constantly refilling it..

Then the .25 coil should be perfect for you. When I have that coil in my Starre, I set it at around 45 Watts and it hits like a heavyweight champ. I could not imagine trying to keep up with the .25 with only 3ML capacity. You will find the 5ML is a nice feature. Depending on your vape habits (chain vaping or casual vaping) you will definitely get more time in between refills than the 3ML or even worse the 2ML original Atlantis hahahah

Have fun my friend

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then the .25 coil should be perfect for you. When I have that coil in my Starre, I set it at around 45 Watts and it hits like a heavyweight champ. I could not imagine trying to keep up with the .25 with only 3ML capacity. You will find the 5ML is a nice feature. Depending on your vape habits (chain vaping or casual vaping) you will definitely get more time in between refills than the 3ML or even worse the 2ML original Atlantis hahahah

Have fun my friend
Thanks!

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks @TheVapingDevil I appreciate the input. I need to reorder coils (don't have time to try the rebuild method) to get the Starre back in the rotation. looks like i'll give the .5 a go!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all
Just got the starre, took it apart to wash it and putting back together notice a small gap in between end caps and glass.. There is also gaskets that I don't know can seal good or not..plz advise thx
aa10af552df32f20938da7c303814f20.jpg

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I havent noticed that on mine. Will Have To Take A Look. Mine doesn't leak a drop and I believe your gasket will seal. Just my opinion. Have u pulled a vape on it yet ?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope... Waiting for it to soak a bit first

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I havent noticed that on mine. Will Have To Take A Look. Mine doesn't leak a drop and I believe your gasket will seal. Just my opinion. Have u pulled a vape on it yet ?
Well it does hit pretty good at 42w
I will continue to bump it up a bit to find that sweet spot.. Airflow is great..I have it set wide open.... Comparing it to the Herkales with the .6 ohm coil at 52w I'd say they are about even in vapor and flavor production...and your right, so far no leaks...I do wish the glass would seat into the caps, like on the other tanks....no big deal I reckon... Lol
3fa2dac244fa9ec9a1389b5d61b11db3.jpg

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Well it does hit pretty good at 42w
I will continue to bump it up a bit to find that sweet spot.. Airflow is great..I have it set wide open.... Comparing it to the Herkales with the .6 ohm coil at 52w I'd say they are about even in vapor and flavor production...and your right, so far no leaks...I do wish the glass would seat into the caps, like on the other tanks....no big deal I reckon... Lol
3fa2dac244fa9ec9a1389b5d61b11db3.jpg

I did check mine, and there is a small gap between the bottom base and the glass tank itself. Obviously the gasket does seal it up pretty. Mine is so small that I would not have noticed if I hadnt seen your pic.
Yes the airflow is crazy on this. I have mine turned down three clicks from wide open. Hope you have a great vaping experience with it and if you have any questions or thoughts, please dont hesitate to ask or PM

Happy Vaping

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did check mine, and there is a small gap between the bottom base and the glass tank itself. Obviously the gasket does seal it up pretty. Mine is so small that I would not have noticed if I hadnt seen your pic.
Yes the airflow is crazy on this. I have mine turned down three clicks from wide open. Hope you have a great vaping experience with it and if you have any questions or thoughts, please dont hesitate to ask or PM

Happy Vaping
Well seeing yours has that small gap too I guess that's the way it's designed..
I noticed no extra gaskets came with it so I will have to be careful I don't over tighten the caps and break one..lol
Thanks for your help and continue to have a great vaping experience!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Well seeing yours has that small gap too I guess that's the way it's designed..
I noticed no extra gaskets came with it so I will have to be careful I don't over tighten the caps and break one..lol
Thanks for your help and continue to have a great vaping experience!

I broke my tank the second day I had it. Not due to design but due to my careless handling I dropped it in the sink while cleaning it :(. Luckily it came with a spare tank. I see Sweet Vapes does carry the replacement glass tanks now if you ever need to get one.

Happy Vaping

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I broke my tank the second day I had it. Not due to design but due to my careless handling I dropped it in the sink while cleaning it :(. Luckily it came with a spare tank. I see Sweet Vapes does carry the replacement glass tanks now if you ever need to get one.

Happy Vaping
That's good to know....but now with the addition of the starre I have 4 subtanks I can vape in rotation... That said I have the starre on one mod and the Herkales on another ..right now the arctic and Atlantis are back on the shelf, lol
Plus I drip on two mechs during my daily vape...guess I'm a vapeaholic. Lol
I like to have at least two mods available with different flavors to avoid flavor burnout... This also cuts down on cleaning for changing flavors...Speaking of flavor, I think this starre might be top dog...after about a half a tank the flavor is really coming alive...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am soooo teetering on buying this tank, how long do the coils last in these?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I agree the Starre is the best flavor of all the subtanks. If you think the flavor is top dog now after half a tank.... wait till the second tank. It took mine about 2 tanks of juice through the coil and then the flavor took off through the roof lololo. hope you have a seatbelt lololol

I too have the Starre as my main gear (unless at work - cant stealth vape that sucker). Along with my Atlantis, those are my main 2 devices. Then comes the Kanger subtank and Lemo original (not a fan but has its place). Of course throw in the Mutant V3, darkhorse and Magma and I am always trying to decided what to vape next... decisions decisions decisions. Guess we are both vapeaholics hahhahahah

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
@Whiskey ,Keep in mind, I put mine through some tough chain vaping every day, every chance I get. Mine last a good solid week to 10 days of solid vaping (unless i am sleeping but then I am dreaming about vaping it hahahha ) I have been able to take the coils apart, clean the actual coil and rewick the cotton with success as well.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi
I was just reading the leaflet.. It states FreeMax recommends replacing the coil about once a month, vaping a 1000 puffs a day. That's alot of puffs! Lol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks TVD, so they are about like any disposible in life, before if you chose, to rebuild. Got it:)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi
I was just reading the leaflet.. It states FreeMax recommends replacing the coil about once a month, vaping a 1000 puffs a day. That's alot if puffs! Lol

Yeah, thats about what I get off my Kanger duels, so I think I am gonna spring for it, Where are they cheapest, Sweet vapes has it for $44??

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, thats about what I get off my Kanger duels, so I think I am gonna spring for it, Where are they cheapest, Sweet vapes has it for $44??
I got mine at sweet vapes for $44..and a box of the .25 ohm coils..with priority shipping it came to a total of $62 ...my vape budget for new gear this month! Lol
But I do like this tank...for me it was worth every penny.. Lol

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I can't recommend sweet vapes enough. They are great to work with and shipped same day. I don't regret my purchase and when I'm looking for vape stuff, I check their site first

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Royalty says they have the Starre on sale for $25.99 and in stock... as per the screenshot...
c40128e3d63c335555ff5c8fd714b717.jpg

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Well that's interesting and crazy low price. Wonder if they did a huge bulk buy to be able to sell at that price ?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well that's interesting and crazy low price. Wonder if they did a huge bulk buy to be able to sell at that price ?
Maybe... I ordered my second IPV3 from AtoZ for $109...everywhere else it listed from $129-$150... Later learned they ordered a boatload of those mods from P4Y and passed the savings on to their customers....could be the same here..

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Maybe... I ordered my second IPV3 from AtoZ for $109...everywhere else it listed from $129-$150... Later learned they ordered a boatload of those mods from P4Y and passed the savings on to their customers....could be the same here..

Must be....... too bad but everyone practices that approach

TrashCat

Member For 4 Years
For me being in canada. Most times I order from the states. However when I do it usually travels the wrong way for a week. Then gets to canadian customs in missasauga and sits for a week. Travels to my province then to my town. Average time about 2.5 weeks. When I order from china. If it ships from china not malaysia or sinapore. With the $2 express charge 12 to 15 days. None of the local vape shops have anything I want so I'm at the mercy of the postman.
and canada customs.

I find using the new epacket from Fasttech, I get things in 7-10 days... Which is about on par with orders from the States.

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
Ecig Avenue has the Starre for $24.99. Use code STARREDEAL to get it for $21.99 W/freeshipping.Got the Heracles and Matrix there and the shipping was very fast.(2-3 days CA to TN). Enjoy! BTW: coupon good until May 31st

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just installed the supplied .5 ohm coil...it seems to have more flavor than the .25
But the .25 is a warmer vape with both running good at 50w...
My conclusion is you can't miss with either coil in the Starre.. It's a great sub ohm tank! Lol

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool...but I didn't see a comparison to the Starre or Arctic... Calvary must be in Canada where this comparison is done..
I have two Arctics that are fantastic..way better than the Atlantis and will order the Starre as soon as its available online ...
Let us know how you like your tank..

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk
Just got the starre today. Not bad so far. Takes a long time for the coil to soak. But vapes good at 60 watts. As of now doesnt beat my artic. But only been vapin it bout 30 mimutes

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Atually the .5 vapes as well as the .25. Both vape great for me at 60 watts. Good flavor and clouds. Vaped the .25 at 75 and was a little to strong. 70 max on the .25

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool...I really like the massive airflow and excellent flavor..I agree clouds might be a little better with the Artic, with the .2 ohm coil.
I just installed the supplied .5 ohm coil in the Starre..at 55w its hitting really well, and flavor is off the chart... But I also have the Herkales and it too produces wonderful clouds and vapor with the .6 ohm coil...All three are killer subtanks, and for clouds (not flavor) I think the Arctic beats the Starre..

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I vape my artic at 75. Really good. I use the .5 in my starre at 65. Good flavor with it.

VU Sponsors