Become a Patron!

Freemax Starre Subtank

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool...I really like the massive airflow and excellent flavor..I agree clouds might be a little better with the Artic, with the .2 ohm coil.
I just installed the supplied .5 ohm coil in the Starre..at 55w its hitting really well, and flavor is off the chart... But I also have the Herkales and it too produces wonderful clouds and vapor with the .6 ohm coil...All three are killer subtanks, and for clouds (not flavor) I think the Arctic beats the Starre..

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk
Cool...I really like the massive airflow and excellent flavor..I agree clouds might be a little better with the Artic, with the .2 ohm coil.
I just installed the supplied .5 ohm coil in the Starre..at 55w its hitting really well, and flavor is off the chart... But I also have the Herkales and it too produces wonderful clouds and vapor with the .6 ohm coil...All three are killer subtanks, and for clouds (not flavor) I think the Arctic beats the Starre..

I need to vape the starre for a while to say it beats my artic... but startin off good with the starre.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need to vape the starre for a while to say it beats my artic... but startin off good with the starre.
Both of these tanks are really, really good! Its hard to say which is best but I think the Arctic blows bigger clouds and the Starre has better flavor..and the Herkales is not bad either..shown here on the left, Starre on the right
af4a03a48fce177274cb54321cebe04e.jpg

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Both of these tanks are really, really good! Its hard to say which is best but I think the Arctic blows bigger clouds and the Starre has better flavor..and the Herkales is not bad either..

I dont have the herakles. I just ordered the vct pro. Have adjustable airflow tip as well. Great reviews on it. Cant wait to vape it. The starre is tastin better with each vape. Glad it has a bigger tank. Lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont have the herakles. I just ordered the vct pro. Have adjustable airflow tip as well. Great reviews on it. Cant wait to vape it. The starre is tastin better with each vape. Glad it has a bigger tank. Lol
I got the Herkales free at my local shop on my 5 star points...every time I buy something I get points, 200 points=free mod, 100 points=free tank or RDA..this time I got the Herkales and a box of coils for it...but don't get me wrong, my favorite of the three is the Starre..it's top dog, least for now! Lol

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just switched bac to the .25. Vapes great at 70. Flavor is really good. Insane clouds too

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got the Herkales free at my local shop on my 5 star points...every time I buy something I get points, 200 points=free mod, 100 points=free tank or RDA..this time I got the Herkales and a box of coils for it...but don't get me wrong, my favorite of the three is the Starre..it's top dog, least for now! Lol

Thats cool. My shop gives me discounts but no free bees. Imm lovin this starre more and more. I need to get another mod now. Just have the segelie 150. Love it too. Works great with these tanks

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats cool. My shop gives me discounts but no free bees. Imm lovin this starre more and more. I need to get another mod now. Just have the segelie 150. Love it too. Works great with these tanks
Yeah, I have two IPV3's but looking at getting the 100w IPV4 when it's available... I hardly ever go above 75w
so a 100w mod would be great....especially with these awesome subtanks!

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well went bac to the .5. Better flavor. Still great clouds too

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive been lookin at the ipv 4 also. How do you like the ipv 3.
I liked my first IPV3 so much I had to have another...they're great!
I did do a magnet swap on my first one, and maybe will do a swap on my second one...but dual batts last two to three days for me vaping these tanks in rotation, and I really don't mind the screws in the batt door that much...I just make sure I don't over tighten them... But yeah, I really like the IPV3...

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I liked my first IPV3 so much I had to have another...they're great!
I did do a magnet swap on my first one, and maybe will do a swap on my second one...but dual batts last two to three days for me vaping these tanks in rotation, and I really don't mind the screws in the batt door that much...I just make sure I don't over tighten them... But yeah, I really like the IPV3...

I loved my IVP3 as well. Lately it's been sitting since getting my sx m buy I am kinda missing it

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I loved my IVP3 as well. Lately it's been sitting since getting my sx m buy I am kinda missing it
Love the dual batts in the IPV3... Goes sometimes 2 full days vaping these tanks almost non-stop on a single charge...that and having 150w/8.4v available knowing it's not straining the chip vaping lower than 75w, and I seldom go over 75w, even dripping on a RDA...

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I do miss my dual batteries. My vape habits had me replacing a set a day. So now with my sx I have to have 4 batteries with me at all times. It will charge USB but the will wear the USB port that only has 3 month warranty so I use it sparingly. I love both of my mods for different reasons :)

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an ipv 4 on order with my vape shop. Just as soon as they release it i will have it. Cant wait

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
90. A little more than online.. but want to support my brick and mortar. They treat me really good.

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It looks like it will be a really good mod. Great for a 2nd mod i think

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks like it will be a really good mod. Great for a 2nd mod i think
I have the IPV3... Was thinking about getting the IPV4 but want to see some reviews on it first...

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sure. No problem. Ive got high hopes for it. I have a segelie 150 now and love it.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I'm using a sig150 and an ipv mini 2, should I be using the .25 or the .5 coils? I'm most concerned with flavor, battery life, and juice consumption. Obviously the .5 would be better, but are they much better?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I'm using a sig150 and an ipv mini 2, should I be using the .25 or the .5 coils? I'm most concerned with flavor, battery life, and juice consumption. Obviously the .5 would be better, but are they much better?
Hi
Well for me the .25 coil is a warmer vape than the .5
That said the .5 does has slightly better flavor,
but .25 seems to blow bigger, thicker, clouds..but both are good coils..
I run these on my my IPV3 from 45-60w, dialing in on my sweet spot... Batt life isn't really an issue with the dual batt IPV3... They go two full days easy running the Starre with either coil..hope his helps

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi
I run these on my my IPV3 from 45-60w, dialing in on my sweet spot... Batt life isn't really an issue with the dual batt IPV3... They go two full days easy running the Starre with either coil..hope his helps

Which coil do you run 45 - 60 watts? And which coil do you prefer?
Thanks for the comment.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your welcome
Right now I'm running the .25 at 55w...I had the the .5 running at 48w before swapping coils out this morning.... Just gotta play with the wattage to find that sweet spot..

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your welcome
Right now I'm running the .25 at 55w...I had the the .5 running at 48w before swapping coils out this morning.... Just gotta play with the wattage to find that sweet spot..

How long do you find the coils lasting? Have you cleaned or rewicked them by chance?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi

I just ordered my tank and coils yesterday, I got the.25's, hope they last a while as I don't vape mega wattage. I only could spring for a 5 pk and the tank right now, hopefully they will get restocked at the various vendors by the time I need more.(I am not into rebuilding)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How long do you find the coils lasting? Have you cleaned or rewicked them by chance?
Coils are lasting a long time..I change them when switching flavors or resistance...I vaped 10 ml a day on the .5 for a week and it was still hitting good this morning..
These coils do seem to like the higher wattages in terms of coil life....At 35-40w the .5 coil in the Atlantis was still hitting good after 5 weeks vaping it everyday..
I think I'll get same performance from the Starre..

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, Took me a while to get it running as these subtanks are new for me, its got DA POWWA....LOL
Fricken thing holds 5 ml, and burns through it quite fast....LOL

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, Took me a while to get it running as these subtanks are new for me, its got DA POWWA....LOL
That's what it's supposed to do right?
Lol.....Im just happy you got it up and running OK on your Sigelli...

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Hey there Whiskey.... Yes these sub ohm tanks really do suck up some juice (some more than others) but I just love the vape quality you get off of them. I love my Atlantis and Starre tank. I am now learning that the Atlantis coils will fit the Starre. Going to give that a try today with my Nickle coils and see how the Starre vapes in temp mode.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there Whiskey.... Yes these sub ohm tanks really do suck up some juice (some more than others) but I just love the vape quality you get off of them. I love my Atlantis and Starre tank. I am now learning that the Atlantis coils will fit the Starre. Going to give that a try today with my Nickle coils and see how the Starre vapes in temp mode.
Ohhh wow they fit? That will be extra handy because they (right now) are easier to find!! Cool !

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. I made it. Set my own made juice there when steeped.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Ohhh wow they fit? That will be extra handy because they (right now) are easier to find!! Cool !
Yes apparently thats what I was reading this morning. From what I learned the Atlantis will fit in the Starre (the threading for the coil to the base is the same) but the Starre will not fit the Atlantis because the the top of the coil has to thread into the Chimney and the Starre coils are not threaded at the top. They fit only by pressure against the gasket for the Atlantis coil to Starre tank configuration.

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got the vct pro on my segelie 150.. which is my FAVORITE tank. The artic and starre in the background. Also got a kangertech sub ohm. Goin to get into rebuilds soon

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be careful of the post on the tank, I tried to adjust mine and it popped right out , it's so small you could easily loose it.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because you guys like temp control
I have to check it for myself.. Lol
I pre ordered the IPV4 and those Ni200 Atlantis coils... Hopefully by this time next week ill be able to post a review..
Was even thinking about getting the SX M class from Coval Vapes in Tx but I just couldn't bring myself to pay S200...that's a lot of dough for a single batt mod made in China, lol
Least it is for me...

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Because you guys like temp control
I have to check it for myself.. Lol
I pre ordered the IPV4 and those Ni200 Atlantis coils... Hopefully by this time next week ill be able to post a review..
Was even thinking about getting the SX M class from Coval Vapes in Tx but I just couldn't bring myself to pay S200...that's a lot of dough for a single batt mod made in China, lol
Least it is for me...
Good Morning Smacksy,
I havent tried it personally yet but it does make sense that since they have the same base threading it will work but only in one direction of the Atlantis coil in Starre tank. I love the vape I get with temp control. It is such a smooth and constant temp that once you find your sweet spot, its there each and every time. I dont think I would go back to a regular Kanthal coil again which kinda bummed me out because I love my Starre tank. Now that I can use it with Atlantis nickle coil, I will be a happy vaper. My only thought is that the Starre uses dual vertical coils in their stock design and the Atlantis is only a single vertical. Not sure how it will be. Most likely an Atlantis vape with larger airflow is my initial thought.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll end up getting one more 50w to power the Starre no doubt, Not like I need it, because I am not into the higher VV's, but with this tank , I'd like to have a back up to power it.

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If anybody is interested in the vape station i made.. i can make one or if you have a pic of one... and ship to you. Depending on what you want on price. The one i posted will sell for $30 plus shipping

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors