Become a Patron!

Freezing Nicotine

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I am getting ready to break down a good amount of nicotine into 4oz amber bottles with poly cone lids. The final mix will be 100mg 50/50. Do I have to worry about expansion when freezing this concentration? If so how much do I have to compensate? Attached is the recipe I used to mix the nicotine. I haven't put it in the freezer yet, because this question came up, and I don't need cracked bottles of nicotine!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I am getting ready to break down a good amount of nicotine into 4oz amber bottles with poly cone lids. The final mix will be 100mg 50/50. Do I have to worry about expansion when freezing this concentration? If so how much do I have to compensate? Attached is the recipe I used to mix the nicotine. I haven't put it in the freezer yet, because this question came up, and I don't need cracked bottles of nicotine!

Sorry...here is the recipe. Screenshot_20180513-181833.jpeg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Don't know, but I would NEVER freeze ANY liquid in glass bottles.

But I am sure someone with more knowledge of this subject will drop in and give you a definitive answer shortly.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no expansion I have ever noticed. I wont actually freeze. Just fill the bottle as full as possible and leave no room for air to make it last longer
Yep the nic will not freeze unless your freezer goes to around -50F. Just thickens up.
I fill my 120 ml glass bottles to the bottom of the thread neck and have had no issues. Also use the poly cone caps.
And in deep freeze which is close to 0 deg F.

As with Matt the less air space the better imho.

VU Sponsors