Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This exactly.

It was like pulling teeth just to post this. And unfortunately I'm computer illiterate, I couldn't block an add with a bull dozer.
Well, I'm not computer illiterate and attempted to install Adblock on my iPad. When I hit "install", it requests a 4-digit password that I don't have, as that program has never been installed on my tablet. So obviously computer skills don't help much with that anyway. ;)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well i suddenly have no ads, I didnt do anything to make that happen. But now on long threads, it freezes worse, it took me 5 minute sto get through 1 page of a thread and kept getting a script pop up form chrome. This post is taking a little long to type. here is a screen shot of the thread iwth the script pop up had so much trouble with a few minute sago. I got this script pop up at least 5 times
upload_2015-7-29_8-18-42.png

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since I don't know much about computers how do I find ad blockers.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Cj I have some info for you. I'm at work with the work laptop. Internet Explorer 11 and windows 7. No freezing or script errors or anything. At home my script error is with Mozilla/Firefox and windows XP if that helps. Again up unitl like 2 weeks ago the home computer had no trouble

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I could be that windows has been doing alot of updates for windows 10 and this could of caused alot of problems some people like me had it down loaded and this took over a week. I just installed the free version a few min ago.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@CJ
win 7 here and it freezes on ie,ff,chrome, and maxthon

@Breazy_Com could it be the fact it works at work is because work has software blocking the ads which appears to be the issue as stated by some?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could be that windows has been doing alot of updates for windows 10 and this could of caused alot of problems some people like me had it down loaded and this took over a week. I just installed the free version a few min ago.

I don't know how windows can have anything to do with it, but you might be onto something, I just installed windows 10, the site is faster than has been for a little while, even disables adblocker again, and no freezing or slow down, strange but it is working.

Everyone needs to install windows 10 :p

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know how windows can have anything to do with it, but you might be onto something, I just installed windows 10, the site is faster than has been for a little while, even disables adblocker again, and no freezing or slow down, strange but it is working.

Everyone needs to install windows 10 :p
so far after installing 10 mine is working very well. You have to figure that a lot of downloading was going on in computers and servers. Anytime I have ever down loaded updates and been in sites it caused small freeze ups.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Yes, I've been getting assorted script errors on VU for something over a week now. It appears to be related to Cloudflare on VU's end.

NIMBUS MAXIMUS

Member For 4 Years
Well, I'm not computer illiterate and attempted to install Adblock on my iPad. When I hit "install", it requests a 4-digit password that I don't have, as that program has never been installed on my tablet. So obviously computer skills don't help much with that anyway. ;)

So what you're saying is that I'm absolutely screwed. :D;)

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have adblock plus, so have no ads.
Still get the lagging and freezing though.

Usually I terminate the adobe flash process before getting the script error.
Either terminating the process or getting that script stop working error makes the lag vanish.

Last time it happened, I noticed the 'upload a file' button on the quick reply box vanished.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so far after installing 10 mine is working very well. You have to figure that a lot of downloading was going on in computers and servers. Anytime I have ever down loaded updates and been in sites it caused small freeze ups.
I wonder if any of this is due to changes windows is making possibly associated with the upcoming windows 10?
Just a shot in the dark here....LOL

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@CJ
win 7 here and it freezes on ie,ff,chrome, and maxthon

@Breazy_Com could it be the fact it works at work is because work has software blocking the ads which appears to be the issue as stated by some?
The ads do come up when I use the work laptop. I'll look at the settings in internet explorer and see if anything is turned on or off. IE I know the settings very well. Mozilla/Firefox only been using it for a few months.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I just want to update and let everyone know I appreciate those of you who are being patient, and I want to ensure you that I am actively working on resolving this!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone else experienced the forum freezing up for a couple of seconds and loading slow? for me this started happening yesterday afternoon.
No, the forum never freezes up on me..
But I use a smartphone/tablet with the very smooth Tapatalk app...just sayin

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have not any problems after installing windows 10 I'M almost sure it was when they were downloading the free 10 update .

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have not any problems after installing windows 10 I'M almost sure it was when they were downloading the free 10 update .
I HAVE NOT EVER done anything with windows 10 so its not that

@CJ THANK YOU for taking the time to tell us your still working on the issue, that is truly appreciated by me. I love this forum and just want to be assured occasionally that the problem is still being looked into even if it takes 2 months to fix it.

But sad news is its worse today then it has been ever for me

I have to refresh the page to do things and refreshes are taking about 5 times longer then normal.

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@CJ I got blocked when I was editing a post and thought I'd better let you know.

Editing #94 of DIY Kit Giveaway...Story Contest (don't worry it's easy)

I was adding “Is that an aardvark in your pocket or ……”

and got this message - You have been blocked - CloudFlare Ray ID: 20e6fbb5011a04ce • Your IP: 110.33.66.198 • Performance & security by CloudFlare

I tried about 3 or 4 times to submit before the big red You Have Been Blocked page cleared.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I HAVE NOT EVER done anything with windows 10 so its not that

@CJ THANK YOU for taking the time to tell us your still working on the issue, that is truly appreciated by me. I love this forum and just want to be assured occasionally that the problem is still being looked into even if it takes 2 months to fix it.

But sad news is its worse today then it has been ever for me

I have to refresh the page to do things and refreshes are taking about 5 times longer then normal.
Perhapes you read it wrong. I had a free update for windows 10 it took over a week to get it loaded in my computer. Now anytime I get updates loaded to any of my computers while im using the computer it will cause a short time lag in some cases. MIllions of people were getting updates on there computers and servers for the free 10 version at the same time this could cause problems all over. I know after the downloads were completed on MY COMPUTER i had no more freezing on this site. Now that i have installed windows 10 still no problems with the freezing on this site.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Perhapes you read it wrong. I had a free update for windows 10 it took over a week to get it loaded in my computer. Now anytime I get updates loaded to any of my computers while im using the computer it will cause a short time lag in some cases. MIllions of people were getting updates on there computers and servers for the free 10 version at the same time this could cause problems all over. I know after the downloads were completed on MY COMPUTER i had no more freezing on this site. Now that i have installed windows 10 still no problems with the freezing on this site.
millions of people getting windows updates happens alot and it wouldn't cause issues for just one site. I have updates set to manual so I only get them when I want to. the issue with the forum is internal not external

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just signed in after 16 hours break, tried to post "congratulations" and got the "You must wait 30 seconds before posting" message LOL

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know if it's my end or you guys got this fixed but there's no more freezing and script errors. I'll keep you updated, Thanks !

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
millions of people getting windows updates happens alot and it wouldn't cause issues for just one site. I have updates set to manual so I only get them when I want to. the issue with the forum is internal not external
Well ok lol it is funny that a few of us that got the windows 10 finally loaded and then installed are not having anymore problems.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well ok lol it is funny that a few of us that got the windows 10 finally loaded and then installed are not having anymore problems.
Works for Tcg Technology conservation group. Job title; Service and repair Servers, laptops, All in ones and Desktops.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've modified the way some things work with posting and viewing images and/or files in posts. Hopefully these changes have helped to resolve the issues JavaScript related.

If you still are having issues with freezing please send me a private message attached with a Tracert to vapingunderground.com (please google how to run a tracert, if you're unsure of what I'm referring to).

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@CJ

thank you for all your hard work. I havent used the forum much today, but it appears to be working better

Thank you

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've modified the way some things work with posting and viewing images and/or files in posts. Hopefully these changes have helped to resolve the issues JavaScript related.

If you still are having issues with freezing please send me a private message attached with a Tracert to vapingunderground.com (please google how to run a tracert, if you're unsure of what I'm referring to).
Thought you did something ! It's seems back to normal. I've been on and off all day trouble free ! Thank You CJ !

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been pretty good since earlier today. Had some other issues, but those were Chrome related. Not at all VU. Bye bye Chrome.

Vaping_Vixen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
forum seems to be running great now Thank you CJ!

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been pretty good since earlier today. Had some other issues, but those were Chrome related. Not at all VU. Bye bye Chrome.
Love the new look lol ! Mozilla/Firefox works awesome. I'm still using Windows XP because it just works still and Internet explore for XP is outdated and runs slow.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Love the new look lol ! Mozilla/Firefox works awesome. I'm still using Windows XP because it just works still and Internet explore for XP is outdated and runs slow.
I haven't used Mozilla in a LONG time. I'm loving it, so far. Super smooth. I loved XP. IE still sucks.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ie.jpg

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I am no longer getting the script errors / freezing that I did for a while.

VU Sponsors