Become a Patron!

From Blu to Copper, what a journey it's been.

Hello everyone, I'm Lazerfist and I'm 28 (Well, I'll be 28 in less than two weeks) and I've been vaping for over 2 years at this point.

It all started for me one night, just like any other. A pack and a half a day chain smoker going to bed to get some sleep for work the next day. I had some Christmas lights around my doorway hooked up to a clapper (You know, like any SANE individual would have, clearly) and in the middle of the night, I found myself having a coughing fit. Normally, coughing fits don't wake me up...until I cough in the exact configuration to cut on said christmas lights. Now I don't know if you have ever tried to clap off a clapper right after being woken up, but it's damned near impossible. After what felt like an hour of idle clapping, I finally got it to go back off again....for about 20 minutes.

The next day, I swore to kick the sticks, come hell or high water. I couldn't breathe well anymore, and these damned culprits keep forcing themselves down my lungs.....so I did the un-educated thing and got myself a Blu....

url

Even looking at it makes me angry.

I noticed right away the the Blu held a charge like a Styrofoam cup holds gasoline. But, I paid $90 for the damned thing so I was going to try to make it work.

2 Weeks later I picked up a Joy-E-Tech 510 kit and sold my Blu on Craigslist for $20.
510-T.jpg

This was more like it! The battery life was splendid, and I bought my own juice and refilled the carts. It was fine for like 2 weeks but I kept tasting Polyfill, and I was burning out my atomizers somehow. So I got myself some Kanger Clearomizers and vaped on those for a good 2 and a half months. I had kicked the sticks....for now.

All of a sudden, surprise move to out of state! I was out of juice and desperate, yet I had nowhere to get any juice! I did the dumb thing, and switched back to the nic sticks for 2 weeks. They made me feel horrible, and all I could taste was chemical. But, My nicotine habit was satiated. Then one day, I happened upon a vape shop (I had no idea those existed before then) and popped in. I told my story to the shop over, who promptly offered to trade me a Joy-e-Tech Ego Twist for my brand new pack of smokes. I obliged and got myself some clearos for it, and it was smooth sailing.
JY-ECT1KB-2.jpg

I still have it, too!

I loved every minute of it, but I found myself taking 9 second hits, letting off the button, and taking another 9 second hit. I craved more, My lungs wanted more vapor. I started experimenting with different juices. My nic level went down, and my VG level went UP! Until one day I bit the bullet and decided I needed a VV/VW device....and then I got this monstrosity. The Vamo V3.
1376700-16.jpg

It worked well, but it was giant and not EXACTLY what I needed. However I vaped on it for a while. I found myself hitting 15w and wanting bigger clouds, so I got myself an Igo-L and started experimenting with rebuilding. 1.5 ohm coils at 15w were close to what my lungs craved, but it started getting hard to find max VG juices. 12mg nicotine quickly dropped to 6, and I found myself clamoring to find Max VG juices anywhere I could. I have tried so many nasty Max VG flavors at this point just because it was uncommon to find anything besides Mt.Baker at the time....yikes.

Then came my birthday, and I decided it was high time to try something different. I found probably the worst Private v2 clone that I have ever seen (Under the guise of it being legit), and it sparked my love affair with mech mods.

Private-V2-Clone.jpg

Gotta love aluminum and brass, folks.

Now to make this long story shorter, since then I have been collecting mods, and even have an Authentic Private v2 to cement my first mech in authentic glory. From Stainless, to brass, and now to copper, I spend a decent amount of money on mods, and even more on juice. I'm a super sub-ohming chain vaping cloud chaser who eats up around 18ml a day in juice alone, Although I was never in this to save money, I was in it to save my lungs.

Thanks for letting me join your forum. I have been cigarette free for a year and a half, now, and I love that I can breathe again, I love that I can taste again, and I HATE that I can smell again (The roommates smoke inside, yuck!)

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey man glad to have you here. It will be my two years in October and i had a similar journey, except i started with disposables and then moved up to ego-c's and from there i skipped the twist batteries and fiddled around with the vamo for a while. I started rebuilding with my protank coils until i felt competent enough to use an RDA on a mech. My first ever mech mod was a Nemesis clone that i loved and still used up until a few weeks ago i killed with a drop.

Hey man glad to have you here. It will be my two years in October and i had a similar journey, except i started with disposables and then moved up to ego-c's and from there i skipped the twist batteries and fiddled around with the vamo for a while. I started rebuilding with my protank coils until i felt competent enough to use an RDA on a mech. My first ever mech mod was a Nemesis clone that i loved and still used up until a few weeks ago i killed with a drop.

My Nemesis was my workhorse for a while, until I recently sold it off to buy some new batteries. I am all about copper right now, and I have a copper Manhattan clone that is my current all day mod.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My current all day is my reo mini with an Igo-s just for the ease of it. And my other one is a brass v3 flip with a brass tobh I drilled out and nodded a little

VU Sponsors