Become a Patron!

Frustrated with RDTA's and extremely heavy lung hits

Morning!
I have a question as I can't believe I'm the only person this has happened to.
I can happily vape my big baby beast or any other disposable coil no problem at all.
I bought everything needed to build and don't want to just give up and walk away from building and saving money on coils.

I have been through 3 RDTA's (Aromamizer supreme RDTA being one of them, even though it's not really an RDTA being the tank is above the deck) and had the same problem with all 3 of them....

When I take a puff no matter what the airflow, juice flow or wattage is set to, it is an extremely heavy lung hit where it's just too much and after 4 hits I'm wheezing. It feels like a long drag off 15 cigarettes at once.

What type of rebuildable is good for a beginner builder which is easy to wick and carry around throughout the day? I did have a griffin 25mm but the 510 pin was bad and it went back under warranty. That was a smooth hit (Single coil build) but constant burnt hits and after testing it out at a shop they determined it was defective so it went back to vendor.

Am I the only one experiencing such an extreme lung hit off rdta's? I love how easy it is to wick them and carry around leak free but my lungs just can't take it.

Thanks!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Either slow down and take normal hits instead extremely heavy ones, or switch to RDAs
There is a limit to how fast the wick can pull juice, even if wicked correctly.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning!
I can happily vape my big baby beast or any other disposable coil no problem at all.
I bought everything needed to build and don't want to just give up and walk away from building and saving money on coils.

I have been through 3 RDTA's (Aromamizer supreme RDTA being one of them, even though it's not really an RDTA being the tank is above the deck) and had the same problem with all 3 of them....

When I take a puff no matter what the airflow, juice flow or wattage is set to, it is an extremely heavy lung hit where it's just too much and after 4 hits I'm wheezing. It feels like a long drag off 15 cigarettes at once.

What type of rebuildable is good for a beginner builder which is easy to wick and carry around throughout the day? I did have a griffin 25mm but the 510 pin was bad and it went back under warranty. That was a smooth hit (Single coil build) but constant burnt hits and after testing it out at a shop they determined it was defective so it went back to vendor.

Am I the only one experiencing such an extreme lung hit off rdta's? I love how easy it is to wick them and carry around leak free but my lungs just can't take it.

Thanks!
I did a few reviews on some really nice single coil tanks that don't require you to take massive lung hits to get great flavor. Here they are.

Coilart Mage GTA
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/coilart-mage-gta-review.293299/

Merlin Mini
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/merlin-mini-review-by-deucesjack.297863/

Oumier White Bone Mini
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/oumier-white-bone-mini-rta-review-by-deucesjack.298264/

Bachelor Nano
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/bachelor-nano-review-by-deucesjack.300643/

Serpent Mini
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wotofo-serpent-mini-review.294139/

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The recent trend in vaping is for big air draws and huge clouds...this is a more recent development, as there used to be a broader spectrum of styles people used...there are tons of single coil rdta with smaller draws, as well as genisis atomizers whose tighter draws may appeal to you.Your prefrence for a more restricted draw is in no way unusual there are alot of vapers like you.

Either slow down and take normal hits instead extremely heavy ones, or switch to RDAs
There is a limit to how fast the wick can pull juice, even if wicked correctly.

Thanks but I am taking normal hits...even right off the bat at beginning of hit its very heavy to lungs. I'm not taking deep hard hits at all. Even 2 second short ones have same effect. RDA may be the way to go for me.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well then I didn't understand you correctly.
So either your nic level is too high or you're getting dry hits from bad wicking.

I did a few reviews on some really nice single coil tanks that don't require you to take massive lung hits to get great flavor. Here they are.

Coilart Mage GTA
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/coilart-mage-gta-review.293299/

Merlin Mini
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/merlin-mini-review-by-deucesjack.297863/

Oumier White Bone Mini
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/oumier-white-bone-mini-rta-review-by-deucesjack.298264/

Bachelor Nano
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/bachelor-nano-review-by-deucesjack.300643/

Serpent Mini
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wotofo-serpent-mini-review.294139/

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Thanks for the links! I'll check them all out!

The recent trend in vaping is for big air draws and huge clouds...this is a more recent development, as there used to be a broader spectrum of styles people used...there are tons of single coil rdta with smaller draws, as well as genisis atomizers whose tighter draws may appeal to you.Your prefrence for a more restricted draw is in no way unusual there are alot of vapers like you.

Single coil it is then.....I'll be checking out the list above....thanks!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Single coil it is then.....I'll be checking out the list above....thanks!
yeah I'm not current on RDTAs I vape gennys, the last RDTA I owned was a Kayfun...the Kayfuns may appeal to you... the various mini tanks ..serpent mini, merlin mini, goblin mini,ect....at one point when the sub-ohm tanks became all the rage, there was a group of vapers who called for rdtas that would appeal to the MTL vapers,as well as people looking for restricted lung hits and the industry has recently turned it's attention toward filling that need in the market...so it shouldn't be hard to find something you like.

Last edited:

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
yeah I'm not current on RDTAs I vape gennys, the last RDTA I owned was a Kayfun...the Kayfuns may appeal to you... the various mini tanks ..serpent mini, merlin mini, goblin mini,ect....at one point when the sub-ohm tanks became all the rage, there was a group of vapers who called for rdtas that would appeal to the MTL vapers,as well as people looking for restricted lung hits and the industry has recently turned it's attention toward filling that need in the market...so it shouldn't be hard to find something you like.

Kayfun class is an RTA, not an RDTA. RDTA is a revamp fuse of an RDA /w a Genesis type of deck above tank design that have been coming out the last year or so.

O/T
@OP
What type of vape are you looking to achieve? Similar to a standard cigarette draw, similar to a water bong pull, or a balance in between the two? Most tanks/atomizers, even though the airflow is designed to be very very airy for very very hot builds, they can most times be choked down to be more restrictive, however you have to adjust the coil build to be naturally cooler (ie needs to be higher ohm with thinner gauge wire that needs lower watts). If you liked the Griffin, meaning you liked a single coil RTA over a dual coil RDTA, look at that type of tank only, that is not to say some RTDA tanks can not be run in single coil mode, some come with a restriction block to block airflow on the back end of the tank coil deck and block placing a second coil, thus making it a single coil deck. There are also some regular sub-ohm tanks out there that have RBA coil heads, the RBA coil head is a rebuildable, examples the Kanger Sub/Top tank mini and larger comes with an RBA deck, the Smok TFV4 and TFV8 both come with RBA decks, those might be up to your speed, if current RDTAs are to airy for you then I'd suggest the TFV4 and Kanger tanks before the TFV8 though.

Building your coils, remember to always prime the coil and wicking before closing things all the way up, improper priming will lead to dry/harsh hits right off the bat, also you have to play around with the amount of wick material you use until comfortable, to much, chokes wick flow to slow it down leads to dry hits to often, to loose, not enough wick to coil contact will lead to harsh hits from hot spots where juice evaporation can not cool the coil down properly at certain spots.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Morning!

Thanks!
sounds like you need smaller single coil tanks to suit your needs better. the supreme is more similar to the tfv8 cloud beast then the baby beast.
check out the post from @Deucesjack for some good recommendations on smaller single coil RTAs ;)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
sounds like you need smaller single coil tanks to suit your needs better. the supreme is more similar to the tfv8 cloud beast then the baby beast.
check out the post from @Deucesjack for some good recommendations on smaller single coil RTAs ;)
Agree with this you will always get less of a hit from single coils as apposed to dual using similar coil builds - white bone mini is awesome by the way ;)

VU Sponsors