Become a Patron!

Frustrating having to order flavors from different vendors

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So use mainly The Flavor Apprentice and Capella's for my DIY juice, this morning I realized I need a few flavors from both, and the only place I could find who carried both, was wizard labs, which is good now they carry Capella's, but they only carry 8 mil bottles of flavors.

8 mil's is good for testing new flavors, but when know you like a flavor, I want to order bigger bottles, so spent over a hour searching this morning for companies that carried both, I did find one, but they was out of stock on 2 of flavors I needed, so ended up still ordering from wizard labs, and just double ordered on the flavors I use most of.

I've placed more orders at wizard labs out of all the DIY sites, but wish they did bigger bottles of flavoring.

I like ecig express as do bigger bottles of Capella's, but don't carry TFA, and don't want to be ordering a few bottles from different sites, as then gets expense with shipping rates.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey there Nailz, you can try contacting Ecig Express and asking them to carry TFA, worth a shot, they might think about it at least.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ecig express carries TFA...its just re-branded. TFA = Signature.

I did not know that, will have to check to see if they stock the flavors I use from TFA, thanks.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was a real frustration ordering this morning, because even wizard labs doesn't have TFA ripe banana now, don't know if they are out of stock or not carrying it anymore as wasn't even listed. I ended up ordering Capella's banana, hopefully it won't change my recipe's to much.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FUCK YA!!! '
thanks for this info was wondering about that.
ONE thing about ECX, though I've ordered from them multiple times, and will when I have to, still... their FA bottles have been known to leak, haven't had that happen with their other brands, just FA. It's a mess to clean up, but if you don't open the shrink wrap, take photos and create a ticket, they'll take care of it for you. But it's a bit of a pain in the ass, too.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ecig express carries TFA...its just re-branded. TFA = Signature.

I should of posted here before ordering from wizard labs, as just checked and they do have ripe banana there, so could of got everything from them, in future I need to post my frustration before spending a hour looking and ordering :rolleyes:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When trying to fill my wish list I often have to check several places to find everything I want in stock.
And sometimes I still miss out on 1 or 2 flavors out of 10.
BullCityVapor
ECX
RTS

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I second on the leaky bottles once in awhile. I might get one leaker out of 30, and they always promptly replace it if you send pics. I have also gotten wrong flavors a couple times, and they always just give you the wrong one, and then ship you the correct one for free. They also have pretty fast shipping. Usually takes 3-4 days from Washington to small town Illinois. They also have a pretty knowledgeable staff member manning the online chat help system. I have asked several questions about flavors etc, and always gotten good responses.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I second on the leaky bottles once in awhile. I might get one leaker out of 30, and they always promptly replace it if you send pics. I have also gotten wrong flavors a couple times, and they always just give you the wrong one, and then ship you the correct one for free. They also have pretty fast shipping. Usually takes 3-4 days from Washington to small town Illinois. They also have a pretty knowledgeable staff member manning the online chat help system. I have asked several questions about flavors etc, and always gotten good responses.

Had a few bottle twist off the top at the threads but catch it before I get a total mess.

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm guessing the weak bottles are caused by multiple compression's and decompression's during air travel. I have had a couple that leaked for what looked like no good reason. I also had one that looked like it popped a hole in the side.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
True. You can order direct from https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/c-54-professional-flavors.aspx as well. 1 oz. is $5.00 and they have bulk sizes too. You need to sign up for that. No idea what it involves, I never wanted 4 oz. of any flavoring. Shipping wasn't bad and fast for being on the opposite coast.
I did that. It doesn't really involve much. I just clicked on something, added my email... something like that. Didn't have to give a ton of info or anything. It's weird that it's not just offered in larger sizes was my thought after.

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Glassgrl, signing up for bulk is easy, just a hoop to jump through. You don't need anything special. The problem with TFA bulk sizes is that the cheapest shipping is 10$+ for me. That makes me tend to over buy, to try and recoup some of the shipping cost.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glassgrl, signing up for bulk is easy, just a hoop to jump through. You don't need anything special. The problem with TFA bulk sizes is that the cheapest shipping is 10$+ for me. That makes me tend to over buy, to try and recoup some of the shipping cost.

LOL! I do that almost every time I interweb shop.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So use mainly The Flavor Apprentice and Capella's for my DIY juice, this morning I realized I need a few flavors from both, and the only place I could find who carried both, was wizard labs, which is good now they carry Capella's, but they only carry 8 mil bottles of flavors.

8 mil's is good for testing new flavors, but when know you like a flavor, I want to order bigger bottles, so spent over a hour searching this morning for companies that carried both, I did find one, but they was out of stock on 2 of flavors I needed, so ended up still ordering from wizard labs, and just double ordered on the flavors I use most of.

I've placed more orders at wizard labs out of all the DIY sites, but wish they did bigger bottles of flavoring.

I like ecig express as do bigger bottles of Capella's, but don't carry TFA, and don't want to be ordering a few bottles from different sites, as then gets expense with shipping rates.
Just saw this. My sentiments exactly. But I think I've petty much got it nailed down to 2 (uk) vendors now, both with discount codes which also helps.

hitman4274

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wizard Labs should just carry bigger bottles and problem solved.. until they are backed up from all the bigger orders...

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I just have to ask - why would they do this? What is the benefit to them? No benefit for us, until someone tells us it's TFA! Wouldn't they sell more if all diyers knew it was a well known brand? Doesn't make sense to me.....

Never made any sense to me either. Why hide it? VZ does that too with their non-SC flavors. Why??? I would buy more if I knew what it was.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I just have to ask - why would they do this? What is the benefit to them? No benefit for us, until someone tells us it's TFA! Wouldn't they sell more if all diyers knew it was a well known brand? Doesn't make sense to me.....

Well they lost a order from me, if I had known that earlier, I would of ordered from them and not WL, I don't understand why they would change the name.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i agree, i went to make a pretty good size order for some flavors, vg, bottles, etc and was sad to find that bullcity was out of stock on so many things. had to go with wizard labs. hope bullcity recognizes how much demand there is for a high quality vendor selling the right items :D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i agree, i went to make a pretty good size order for some flavors, vg, bottles, etc and was sad to find that bullcity was out of stock on so many things. had to go with wizard labs. hope bullcity recognizes how much demand there is for a high quality vendor selling the right items :D
They're still fairly new, I think... I could be very wrong. Roundhouse (the guy from Bull City) is signed up in this forum and is very helpful. He orders suggested flavors, and lets you know how soon something in particular may be in. There's a Bull City thread in the DIY Reviews section. He participates, which is way cool.

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

They get TFA flavors by the gallon, bottle them in their own bottles, and give them a name. TFA doesn't really make any of those flavors anyway. They buy them from another manufacturer, and give them the TFA brand lol.

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know who actually manufactures. I do know the the safety data sheets say that the products are "licensed" to TFA, and there is also a FAQ on their website about shelf life, where a TFA rep says "what my flavor manufacturer tells me is". Both these things say to me that TFA is not the manufacturer.

VU Sponsors