Become a Patron!

FT DNA30 clone or MVP 2.0?

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking to buy a box style mod. Can't decide between the FastTech DNA30 clone (18650 version) or the MVP 2.0. I want the DNA30 clone more for sub but I haven't seen MANY reviews of the FT clone and the few I've found have been 50/50 good and bad. I have big faith in Innokin products and have seen nothing but good stuff from the MVP. Any suggestions? Or if you can suggest another good box style mod in the $50-ish range.

Thnx :)

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be perfectly honest either can be a crap shoot. I know people that have had issues with both. I know the early DNA 20 and 30 clone boxes had a issue with the connector which would short and fry the board but as far as I know that was sorted a while ago.

If I was in the same boat I would go with the 30 clone for the simple fact you can switch the batteries out and it offers more power You never think you will need that extra power until you buy something and realize"man I should have gotten the other one" lol. I am not a huge fan of built in batteries in any mod I do not build myself so if you do get a 30 clone make sure its a model where you use your own batt FT has several versions some built in and some without. It is really hard to beat those 30 clone boxes. Thats my 2c anyways.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The clouper DNA30 clone is great. Innokin is coming out with a DNA30 btw :)

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where can you buy the clouper ones at? I've seen a few on ebay but ebay mods can be sketchy. The ones I've seen were $100+, if I were going to pay that I'd probably be better waiting for the Innokin DNA mods I had no idea about. Are there any details on this or is it too early?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would wait a bit for some more reviews.

I have one of the Hana Mods on the way from Focalecig

http://focalecig.com/Product/HANAA-MODZ-Pack-DNA-30-StyleModblack-19557

Looking at the pictures and blowing them up for a bit of detail they look a lot better constructed than the ones from FT.

I have asked Focalecig if the charging button shows green when done and the specs show it does.

The 510 connector from the pics looks good to me and the seam from the cover does not split the top by the connector like the FT version.

If you can't wait for my (and others) reviews to come out, Focalecig has a nice warranty period.

But if you are really in a hurry to get your DNA 30 fix AngelCigs has them for $70 in their USA warehouse (ten of them at the moment) made by Cloupor which has had some good reviews.

http://www.angelcigs.com/silver-dna-30-style-vv-vw-mod-clone-by-cloupor.html

I have dealt with Angelcigs and they do indeed deliver good merchandise rather quickly from the US warehouse and have a great warranty as well.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I'll try to hold off. It seems like a couple of DNA clones appearing lately so I'll try to stifle DNA craving and let you guys do the guinea pigging for me. :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
A Very Wise Decision.

Sit back and wait.

It has served me well!

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I'll try to hold off. It seems like a couple of DNA clones appearing lately so I'll try to stifle DNA craving and let you guys do the guinea pigging for me. :)

They have been out for a while. They all use the same dna30 clone chip and I personally have one and its nice. I built 3 dna20(real one) custom box mods and one dna30 clone box and they all work about the same with the exception of the 30 having more power.

The problem with waiting is there is ALWAYS something better coming out. It is just like computer parts where nothing you buy will be top of the line for to long. You can always buy something else down the road. Half the fun of PV's is buying new kit.

101vape actually has the Clouper in stock for $69 which is a pretty good deal. Joe pimps stuff from them all the time and they have treated me well when I purchased from them. Would really be hard to find something better for the money they are asking.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The DNA clones regardless of manufacturer are still showing a lot of inconsistencies , just in the past week two friends had their Cloupors die , i would opt for an MVP until more time passes , good things to come.

mismo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have several clouper clones and they are great. I also own some MVP V2 and they work great too. If given a choice I would do the Clouper. Those just have better power (no PWM) and do flavor much better. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mismo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got them from vape101 and they had it shipped to me in a few days. They are reputable and I will recommend them. I bought from them in the past over the past year or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors