Become a Patron!

Full battery vs half or low

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm noticing when the battery is fully charged the throat hit is more intense. When the battery gets to a half charge, the throat hit is smoother and the taste is better. What's up? I'm actually not a fan of intense throat hit, I'd actually be happy with minimal to zero throat hit. I switched to 6 mg of nicotine from 12, figuring it would lower the intensity. But I'm actually wondering if vg to pg ratios also make a difference. What else effects throat hit?

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What type of battery are you using?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm noticing when the battery is fully charged the throat hit is more intense. When the battery gets to a half charge, the throat hit is smoother and the taste is better. What's up? I'm actually not a fan of intense throat hit, I'd actually be happy with minimal to zero throat hit. I switched to 6 mg of nicotine from 12, figuring it would lower the intensity. But I'm actually wondering if vg to pg ratios also make a difference. What else effects throat hit?
What mod are you using variable wattage/Voltage Mech mod. what battery then this can be answered

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Throat hit is less with higher VG!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The Kanger is a regulated device so you should experience no difference until the battery is just about Kaput!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What ratio of pg/vg are you using @Amanda brought this up we need a bit more info also what atomizer are you using as that can affect things thanx

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well you are already high on the vg I will let one of the experts on DIY answer you... There is no simple answer its an experiment we all go through

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if your noticing the harsher hits first thing in the morning, its probably due to your throat being fresh from a night off. I still notice it takes an hour for my roll to get smooth with it.

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if it was the fresh coil because I don't have the problem this morning with a full charge. Could have been the flavor too, was a little strong, but still like it. This flavor has the same ratio though.

VU Sponsors