Become a Patron!

FUN!!! Post a random fact about yourself

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I opened a buffet across the road for the buzzards. House specials are armadillos in autumn and opossum in spring.
Yep same here far enough away so I don't smell em.

I think possums are related to snakes. Hard to kill.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I need a good Taffy DIY recipe

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HOLD ON
ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT THE ARMADILLO THE HARD SHELL SLOW WALKING RAT LOOKING THING?
Send me some I'll pay shipping

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep same here far enough away so I don't smell em.

I think possums are related to snakes. Hard to kill.
They come up on the back porch to steal the cat's nom-noms. Hard to shoot em without blasting holes in the deck, but a machete to the back of the neck is quite efficient.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
4f871119b1afeedeca84f0fec8d49542.jpg

MERICA IST

dear god Bigfoot does exist

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
HOLD ON
ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT THE ARMADILLO THE HARD SHELL SLOW WALKING RAT LOOKING THING?
Send me some I'll pay shipping

Yep. Armadillo aka "possum on the half-shell"

True, they can carry leprosy. They are naturally immune to it. However, 95% of humans are also immune to leprosy. You just don't wanna be the 1 in 20 who isn't. LOL

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O hell no. If I can trap 'em, they go across town. Ain't no way I'd be able shoot one.
I can't kill anything but biting insects. This drives my husband nuts if there are pests that need to be dealt with. He pitched a fit when I would coax black widow spiders into a cup and bring them to the woody part of the property. I just can't kill the damn things. I killed the second one I ever saw while hunting for other bugs with my daughter, it was an automatic reflex out of fear. My daughter got mad at me, and we cried off and on about it. It occurred to us that it was innocent and didn't deserve it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No no. The rule in my house... if a bug, or spider is on the floor, or the wall, it's fair game. If it's on the ceiling and I can't reach it, fine. But if it moves to the wall... >splat<. Little fucker ain't payin' rent.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No no. The rule in my house... if a bug, or spider is on the floor, or the wall, it's fair game. If it's on the ceiling and I can't reach it, fine. But if it moves to the wall... >splat<. Little fucker ain't payin' rent.
Sounds about like our house. If it's reachable, either me, or the cat is gonna get it.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds about like our house. If it's reachable, either me, or the cat is gonna get it.
Bugs in our house have about 30 seconds to live from when they are spotted by a cat. I have 5 and if one sees a bug, they chirp and chatter about it until one of them gets it. Screamer is the lean and light cat that always can make it to the ceiling to get a bug. He can jump from the floor to the top of an open door, no problem. lol

Edit: Handsome household pest control:
DPP_00126 by Adrienne Siebert, on Flickr

Last edited:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I had a great cat for pest control. Man, if he heard a mouse behind a wall that cat wouldn't budge for hours before he was convinced there was no point to remaining in sentry mode. Just stared and waited for hours before he would give up. And if they ever did appear - faggetaboudit. That cat was lethal - but in a good way.

His buddy at the time was very conflicted about it. (Lazy would be another word.) If he tripped across a rodent he be like "I'm hunting this thing but - Ick! - I really don't like this!!! But I can't help myself! Oh well, it got away." That one just didn't have the strong instinctual drive to be good mouser.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi Lucy. Yea, I figured she had a breathing tube and all, so what the hay. :rolleyes:

The closest I ever came to that is vaping in the surgical prep room before Mr Juicy went under the knife, lol

Fortunately, I haven't been in an ICU for over ten years now

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The closest I ever came to that is vaping in the surgical prep room before Mr Juicy went under the knife, lol

Fortunately, I haven't been in an ICU for over ten years now
Hospitals are stressful and it helps to vape. :D
I haven't been in an icu in 26 years.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hospitals are stressful and it helps to vape. :D
I haven't been in an icu in 26 years.

When my mom was in the ICU for 3 days and the whole family was camped at the hospital, I was just glad they had the kind of bathrooms that are just one room, with a locking door, not the kind with stalls. I went in there to vape about hourly or so. I wouldn't have vaped in the ICU room itself, for a couple of excellent reasons: 1) she had some kind of infection which could not be precisely identified, and everyone had to wear gowns and gloves, and some of our older/health-compromised relatives were even advised to wear masks; and 2) she was being VERY closely observed by the nurses at the "stand" just outside her room, so they would have seen it IMMEDIATELY and knowing how nurses are, probably banned me from the hospital completely.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I live next to a bird refuge, and get very pissed when folks think it's a great place to drop off their unwanted coons.
This was more like the woods, where they'd find other raccoon buddies. I tried Animal Control. They're useless around here.

VU Sponsors