Become a Patron!

Fused 26ga ni80 with 30ga ni200 clapton

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i tried my first nickel build but did not go so well. its on a 6 wrap 3mm center. Inially on temperature mode it read .14ohms but quickly hits temp cutoff at 460 degrees. on non temp mode it reads .34ohms and gets extremely hot.

then after a few minutes playing around with it, it no longer regulates the temperature. even while temperature control is set to 460 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_4359.JPG
    IMG_4359.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 29

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it does produce vapor with temperature control off. im using a mutation xs on a vapor shark rdna40 if it matters

Steve7482

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It does but the chip is set to run nickel wire.Not ni80 and on a clapton you want your core to heat up first and the outside wraps to help cool it.You want your lower resistance wire to be your core

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that the only option with nickel? I'm pretty sure I've seen some more complicated ones for more flavor

Hey Mates, As for Clapton coils it is your CORE wire that is of any consequence. So if you want to run a ni200 clapton, the Ni200 needs to be the core wire. As well nickel is not safe to vape when used in power mode rather than Joules/TC. So should not be used to wrap around kanthal/nichrome etc. As well it is your core/cores that are giving you your set resistance as the claptoned wire does not lower your resistance of your build.Example being
Clapton
CORE WIRE 26 gauge ni 200
OUTTER WIRE 36 gauge kanthal
the total resistance will be determined by the cores AWG, Inner diameter of coil and number of wraps.
So lets say we do a 7 wrap on a 3mm screwdriver our resistance will be the same as a regular single coil
with 26 gauge ni200 which would be around:0.065, ideal for an sx350j chip!

VU Sponsors