Become a Patron!

Fused Clapton coil problem!

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
Hello guys, how are you?
Im new here and couldnt find any help for my problem in the forum (if its already done, please text me the link!).
So here is the situaiton..
I have the Smok Gpriv 220w with DJV rdta atty and fused Clapton coil (0.,2 ohm), vaping 70VG/30PG Yamivapor Toruto and using cotton Bacon. The problem is when I vape 6 or more time It starts to taste burn and bad, in the middle of the wick It becomes all dark or brown and have to change the cotton.
I never had this problem before and since I changed the coil for this fused clapton all the frustration began.
I tried everything from changing Watts, Volt, preheat, ohm, more or less wick to screwing and unscrewing and still the same problem, also, I dont chain vape.....
Changing the cotton for vaping 10 times its really irritating and expensive...
What could be the problem? The juice ? the cotton not flowing properlly? the coil being to small?
By the way, the botton wire of the coil dont fit in the botton hole of the atty.
Help!
Thank you!
This is the coil ..

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20180319_153659841.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20180319_153659841.jpg
    815.3 KB · Views: 29

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hello guys, how are you?
Im new here and couldnt find any help for my problem in the forum (if its already done, please text me the link!).
So here is the situaiton..
I have the Smok Gpriv 220w with DJV rdta atty and fused Clapton coil (0.,2 ohm), vaping 70VG/30PG Yamivapor Toruto and using cotton Bacon. The problem is when I vape 6 or more time It starts to taste burn and bad, in the middle of the wick It becomes all dark or brown and have to change the cotton.
I never had this problem before and since I changed the coil for this fused clapton all the frustration began.
I tried everything from changing Watts, Volt, preheat, ohm, more or less wick to screwing and unscrewing and still the same problem, also, I dont chain vape.....
What could be the problem? The juice ? the cotton not flowing properlly? the coil being to small?
By the way, the botton wire of the coil dont fit in the botton hole of the atty.
Help!
Thank you!
This is the coil ..

That coil looks like a staggered staple, a rough one...try separating the wraps a bit, or a different coil

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Your coils shouldn't be at the bottom of the deck. The tops should be close to the tops of the posts but not touching them.
The cotton needs to go through the 4 juice holes and sticking out through the bottom of them maybe 1mm or so.
You will be able to see it through the glass. Don't make you cotton too tight in the coils or through the holes.
I guess you already know you have to slosh your tank a little to keep feeding juice to the cotton.
Start with your power at a lower setting and go up from there until you get the desired result.
Lady next door has one and she loves it and has no problems

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
Your coils shouldn't be at the bottom of the deck. The tops should be close to the tops of the posts but not touching them.
The cotton needs to go through the 4 juice holes and sticking out through the bottom of them maybe 1mm or so.
You will be able to see it through the glass. Don't make you cotton too tight in the coils or through the holes.
I guess you already know you have to slosh your tank a little to keep feeding juice to the cotton.
Start with your power at a lower setting and go up from there until you get the desired result.
Lady next door has one and she loves it and has no problems
Thanks for your answer!
The picture I uploaded is one of the many attemt that I tried and failed and sadly I tried your advice and didnt work either.. Ill buy a different coil if that resolve my problem...

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
thank you! Today Ill buy a new one to see if the problem persist..

Your coils are above the air holes right? The coils you have in there look like they will need much more power and air than that atomizer can handle...

Do be careful if you bought the coils in your picture, they are Bad and not saleable in my opinion

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
Your coils are above the air holes right? The coils you have in there look like they will need much more power and air than that atomizer can handle...

Do be careful if you bought the coils in your picture, they are Bad and not saleable in my opinion
yes, they are above the air holes and carefully separated from the heat screw.
They only have 4 wraps, but they are to thick and dont fit in the bottom hole of the atty.... (https://www.google.com.ar/search?q=...AUICigB&biw=1600&bih=769#imgrc=KbEUZHd3NEp_6M:)
Ill buy a different one.. Dont know if I should buy another fused clapton or a simple wire coil..

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
This page will show you what good coils look like, and what they are named -
https://www.purecoils.com/collections/coils-1
Well so far so good. I bought alien coil 0,15ohm, and right now Im vaping at 70w, preheat 60w with 0,3 ohm ( I guess that 0,15ohm is for one coil and Im using 2 coils, so Should I vape at 0,15ohm anyway? ) but Im seeing that in the edge of the coil, the weak is getting that black/brown colour and its freaking me out.

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
Well so far so good. I bought alien coil 0,15ohm, and right now Im vaping at 70w, preheat 60w with 0,3 ohm ( I guess that 0,15ohm is for one coil and Im using 2 coils, so Should I vape at 0,15ohm anyway? ) but Im seeing that in the edge of the coil, the weak is getting that black/brown colour and its freaking me out.

Attachments

• A7228A09-568C-4ECB-8B92-4524005CA50B.jpeg
    A7228A09-568C-4ECB-8B92-4524005CA50B.jpeg
    916.6 KB · Views: 20

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

What are you paying for cotton? Rebuilding is supposed to be the greatest thing to ever be a part of vaping? Irritating sure but expensive?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Those coils still look very hot, I suggest coils with thinner wire, especially thinner wrapped around the rest - it is staying too hot and overheating your eliquid

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
What are you paying for cotton? Rebuilding is supposed to be the greatest thing to ever be a part of vaping? Irritating sure but expensive?
I mean using half of the package of 10 g of cottong bacon in 3 or 4 days is expensive, at list here in Argentina. Of course rebuilding is fun and I like it, but something is not going well. I didnt even finish my first tank and its already dark and burn. I dont know what Im doing wrong....
maybe the liquid flow is bad or my wicking method is wrong..... or maybe the juice...

Attachments

• B5553388-09FE-4177-92AF-598CAD26C69E.jpeg
    B5553388-09FE-4177-92AF-598CAD26C69E.jpeg
    868.5 KB · Views: 12

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Average price of cotton bacon is $5. Expensive? Less than 2 Smok X4 coils to learn how to use them. Just my opinion you need to remember/

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I mean using half of the package of 10 g of cottong bacon in 3 or 4 days is expensive, at list here in Argentina. Of course rebuilding is fun and I like it, but something is not going well. I didnt even finish my first tank and its already dark and burn. I dont know what Im doing wrong....
maybe the liquid flow is bad or my wicking method is wrong..... or maybe the juice...

Have you had success in that RDTA with simple wire coils?

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
Average price of cotton bacon is $5. Expensive? Less than 2 Smok X4 coils to learn how to use them. Just my opinion you need to remember/
10g of cotton bacon cost 200$ and a pack of 20 marlboro cost 65$ so using half of the package in 3 or 4 days plus liquid is almost the same. Yes, id expensive here.

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
Have you had success in that RDTA with simple wire coils?
Yes, but with other liquid. The naked 100.
I should try with a simple wire then...
The point is that in the official video of djv sais that this atty go perfectly with big coils...
I should try with other liquid and simple wire next time.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You could try -

-increase wattage by 15-20 watts
-take a shorter puff
-inhale more strongly
-continue inhaling long after releasing fire button

This will keep coil from staying hot so long and hopefully help cotton not get dark so fast

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
10g of cotton bacon cost 200$ and a pack of 20 marlboro cost 65$ so using half of the package in 3 or 4 days plus liquid is almost the same. Yes, id expensive here.
Just use organic cotton pads then, myself I use Koh gen Do.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah I would say that is crazy expensive because a quick search shows is cost just over a dollar on eBay.

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
You could try -

-increase wattage by 15-20 watts
-take a shorter puff
-inhale more strongly
-continue inhaling long after releasing fire button

This will keep coil from staying hot so long and hopefully help cotton not get dark so fast
you mean from 70watt to 85 to 90 watts?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@leokim92 can't you order cotton from somewhere and even with International Shipping Charges it would still be much cheaper and affordable? Not sure where you are from but 200 times the average cost is pretty steep~!

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
@leokim92 can't you order cotton from somewhere and even with International Shipping Charges it would still be much cheaper and affordable? Not sure where you are from but 200 times the average cost is pretty steep~!
Ill looking for organic cotton to see if its more economic.
But.. my problem is not the cotton, but he coil! haha, I dont mind buying cotton baccon while it worth vaping!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But.. my problem is not the cotton, but he coil! haha, I dont mind buying cotton baccon while it worth vaping!

First you said it was the cotton that was expensive but now the wire. Same solution for both buy from an online seller and save money that way.

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
First you said it was the cotton that was expensive but now the wire. Same solution for both buy from an online seller and save money that way.
No ,first I said that the cotton burnt to quickly because of the COIL (Or I think it is, anyway I never had this problem before) and in consequence of that I have to change the cotton once per 3 hours more or less (thats not the idea, because I 100% sure that something is wrong with the coil) and doing that make me use half of the package in 3 or 4 days.. and that IS expensive.. If I could solve this problem with the COIL, I wouldnt be here asking the forum
"Fused Clapton coil problem!"
... or I just would created a new threat about "best way to save money buying cheaper cotton"...... Solving the first problem, automatically solve the next one..Also, as I said, I dont mind buying bacon, as long as I use it properly..

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No ,first I said that the cotton burnt to quickly because of the COIL (Or I think it is, anyway I never had this problem before) and in consequence of that I have to change the cotton once per 3 hours more or less (thats not the idea, because I 100% sure that something is wrong with the coil) and doing that make me use half of the package in 3 or 4 days.. and that IS expensive.. If I could solve this problem with the COIL, I wouldnt be here asking the forum
"Fused Clapton coil problem!"
... or I just would created a new threat about "best way to save money buying cheaper cotton"...... Solving the first problem, automatically solve the next one..Also, as I said, I dont mind buying bacon, as long as I use it properly..

Yes, I did mean increasing wattage that much, but inhaling with more force and releasing the fire button quickly and continuing to inhale

This will heat the coil faster and cool it faster, so it doesnt stay so hot so long and turn cotton brown

Best solution is a new coil though, a nice one that isn't so bulky, slimmer wire that will heat and cool faster

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
Yes, I did mean increasing wattage that much, but inhaling with more force and releasing the fire button quickly and continuing to inhale

This will heat the coil faster and cool it faster, so it doesnt stay so hot so long and turn cotton brown

Best solution is a new coil though, a nice one that isn't so bulky, slimmer wire that will heat and cool faster
Thank you fir the advice. Ill try that, obviously next time Ill try with a simple wire to see what happened...
If you have time watch this video.. the designer of the djv clearly says that it can handle big coils....

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you fir the advice. Ill try that, obviously next time Ill try with a simple wire to see what happened...
If you have time watch this video.. the designer of the djv clearly says that it can handle big coils....

Certainly! But look at the wire wrapped around those coils, it is thinner than the wire around yours. Your wrap wire is holding in heat much more than those coils in the video. 38 gauge wrap wire will heat up and cool down faster than 32 gauge wrap wire

A shorter puff at higher wattage can help, also, to keep your coil from cooking your juice

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Also Totally agree with you that cotton has nothing to do with this problem

I have to ask - your coils do glow from the middle first, right? Otherwise, they are staying hot too long, sorry for repeating

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I highly recommend Howing brand for premade coils, they usually have a higher guage wrap wire and are also consistent

https://m.fasttech.com/p/7880901

These coils would rock, check out the other ones

If you can order from US, I can link you to handmade coils sellers which are even better but of course more costly

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
I highly recommend Howing brand for premade coils, they usually have a higher guage wrap wire and are also consistent

https://m.fasttech.com/p/7880901

These coils would rock, check out the other ones

If you can order from US, I can link you to handmade coils sellers which are even better but of course more costly
Really?, actually I didnt know about the gauge thing.. Im new with that termn. And yes, I checked that the coil glow from the center to the outside. The point is that here is a bit difficult the get some coil or mods.. The import is not the strongest quality of this country..

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Really?, actually I didnt know about the gauge thing.. Im new with that termn. And yes, I checked that the coil glow from the center to the outside. The point is that here is a bit difficult the get some coil or mods.. The import is not the strongest quality of this country..

Yes, gauge, awg, or ga - your UD coils are 3 x 26 gauge wires wrapped in 32 gauge wire

My favorite wire is 28 awg, it is thinner than 26 awg so it heats and cools a little faster. Wrap wire should really be 36 gauge or higher, because it will add too much metal to the coil if it is low gauge (32 or lower)

May I ask which country?

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
Yes, gauge, awg, or ga - your UD coils are 3 x 26 gauge wires wrapped in 32 gauge wire

My favorite wire is 28 awg, it is thinner than 26 awg so it heats and cools a little faster. Wrap wire should really be 36 gauge or higher, because it will add too much metal to the coil if it is low gauge (32 or lower)

May I ask which country?
of course, Argentina.. What do you think about this https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/1742296835802035/ ?

leokim92

Member For 1 Year
The last I recall Vaping is illegal in Argentina. I was planning on living in Buenos Aries for a couple of years soon. But because of Vaping being illegal made me change my plans.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Its not illegal 100%, Its more like there arent any exact laws about vaping so they dont know if this should be illegal or not.
My girlfriend and I vape everywhere as long as we dont bother anyone. Also there are lots of vaping store, of course its more like underground, but you can easly buy and vape. The problem could be that you wont find every products. or It would be difficult to find or expensive.
So, You dont have to worry about vaping here. just come and enjoy.
If you have any particular question, just ask me and Ill try to help you.

VU Sponsors