Become a Patron!

Fused Clapton question

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I'm new to building my own coils, started with the single ss316l round wire and watched some videos on more advanced builds. Ordered some wire and started to practice, however my attempts are not great enough to even be vaped. So in the meantime I'm purchasing spools of specialty wires, at least I can wrap them by myself and vape, while trying to up my own skills lol.

Anyways, while back I got some 26gx2/38g ss316l coils (0.3 ohm as single), they were already pre built since to that time I had no idea how to do that. Didn't liked them much, the ramp up was horrible, vape was to hot, vaporized my juice at a extreme quick rate, batteries drained like no tomorrow due to the low ohm as dual, and I barely got any flavor. In fact I got more out of a simple stainless steel 28g round wire at a o.6 single coil build lol.

Long story short, I'm out of these coils (praise the lord lol) and I was going to purchase some ss spools from advanced vape supply, and of course by accident I saw they got fused Clapton spools in stock.

Now my question, I was leaning towards the 28gx2/40g fused clapton, since I think and please correct me if I'm wrong, would ramp up faster and I could aim for some higher resistance builds. Tired of that o.15 ohm crap, im aiming more for the 0.3+ ohm builds etc. Different discussion for a other day, but my main concern is flavor, huge priority.

They offer also 28gx2/34 fused Clapton's, but I'm afraid that I would lose the flavor. I haven't tried any of these, just going by pictures, the 34g wrap would look like more surface in general in comparison to the thinner 40g wrap. But that might just look like it, or doesn't even matter at the end.

I'm using older RTAs/RDTAs with smaller decks, I therefore can't go with all this new and fancy staggered, stapled and whatever is out there, also have to watch the size a bit. I down graded from my limitless plus with huge build deck to the aromamizer, removed the 3post deck and added the velocity style posts, as well as using the wotofo serpent (not the smm version,) and that deck is extremely small, barely get a 5 wrap coil in there, but love the flavor both give. Wish I could do 8+ wraps but again, different discussion lmao.

Any input would be appreciated on, would the 28x2/34g be better, or was my first gut feeling of picking the 28x2/40g right? Again, I might satisfy ramp up and all that jazz at the end, if the flavor output would be significant better on either 34g or/and 40g, if noticeable at all?

Locomotion

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Build a 28/36 8 wraps kanthal of course thank me later.Should come out to .40 75w flavor crazy good try not to choke off those huge clouds.lol

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep the 28gx2/40g will ramp up faster and not retain as much heat, IMO the smaller gauge wrapping wire the better. If I wanna shoot for above 0.3Ω with SS I will spin up 30x2/40g or even 32x2/40g sometimes, but mostly 29g or 30g core wire.

Anyway smaller gauge SS fused claptons rock, they really provide one awesome Vape without heating the shit out your atty.

Locomotion

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep the 28gx2/40g will ramp up faster and not retain as much heat, IMO the smaller gauge wrapping wire the better. If I wanna shoot for above 0.3Ω with SS I will spin up 30x2/40g or even 32x2/40g sometimes, but mostly 29g or 30g core wire.

Anyway smaller gauge SS fused claptons rock, they really provide one awesome Vape without heating the shit out your atty.
How's the flavor with that ss might have to try it.Im usually kanthal and nichrome

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I ended up ordering the 40g wrap, but thanks for the input guys :)

I do prefer stainless steel over kanthal, maybe its just me but I get better flavor out of the SS, specially with TC.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How's the flavor with that ss might have to try it.Im usually kanthal and nichrome
IMO SS the flavor is more crisp and clean. Kanthal I will use on my series Mod's due to needing more wire mass and higher ohms but I can't stand NiChrome, for me it tastes like shit. I know NiChrome has a following but I don't like it, it has a metallic flavor that I can't stand. I've been using SS long before TC for SS and when I was on regulated Mod's.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also I have to give a shout out to @advancedvapesupply for offering Claptons with 40g wrapping wire, I've never seen this before. IMO =< 32g wrapping wire sucks balls. Longer wramp up time, retains heat way too long, more battery juice just to get them powered up, they suck. IMO best wrapping wire is => 36g

For those who don't know how to spin your own Claptons this is a great option that I wish I had before I learned to spin my own.

:cheers:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I only order from AVS these days. Customer service is outstanding.

VU Sponsors