Become a Patron!

Fused claptons vs parallels

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
My wife prefers fused claptons over parallels. I dont see a difference other then the claptons vape cooler and u have to drip less. Is there an advantage to each one?

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Parallels are great because they vape very well and they're very very easy to make. As far as just fused claptons it all depends on how you build them. I feel like everyone's different and everyone likes different things. That's why although I tried to answer your question to the best of my ability, imo there's really no right answer when it comes to witch coil is better for who.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Parallels are great because they vape very well and they're very very easy to make. As far as just fused claptons it all depends on how you build them. I feel like everyone's different and everyone likes different things. That's why although I tried to answer your question to the best of my ability, imo there's really no right answer when it comes to witch coil is better for who.

I buy premade fused clapton wire. Im not wasting my time trying to make them. Id screw it up.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I buy premade fused clapton wire. Im not wasting my time trying to make them. Id screw it up.
You can still buy almost any claptons you want. Check out lightning vapes. There's also tons of people on here that make coils, My self included. How long have you guys been vaping?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMO premade wire is only meh and making fused clapton wire is actually pretty simple. Most premade Clapton wire use 30g or 32g wrapping wire which IMO sucks balls. The fattest wrapping wire I'll use is 36g, my go to is 38g - 40g. Why do I take the time to make them? For me provides a much better Vape and deeper flavor.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
You can still buy almost any claptons you want. Check out lightning vapes. There's also tons of people on here that make coils, My self included. How long have you guys been vaping?

My wife 7 years. Me a year and a half. I can make parallels but they dont seem to out perform the claptons I buy so we stuck with the claptons.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
IMO premade wire is only meh and making fused clapton wire is actually pretty simple. Most premade Clapton wire use 30g or 32g wrapping wire which IMO sucks balls. The fattest wrapping wire I'll use is 36g, my go to is 38g - 40g. Why do I take the time to make them? For me provides a much better Vape and deeper flavor.
My premaids use 38 gauge outter. Thats why I use them. I dont like 32 gauge outter wire either or Id stick to using parallels.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Oddly enough I can make a fused Clapton easier than a single Clapton. Fucking weird, right?

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
I seem to get more flavor from parallels but I still have trouble making them. I just satarted learning last week. I wont even atempt a clapton.

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Just personal preference. I don't really care for premade coils. The last pair I bought were a real disappointment. I haven't started making my own Claptons yet so I buy rolls of wire from AVS and Lightning Vapes. I don't see myself ever using kanthal again. I'm really close to not using Ni80 after having used stainless. I love stainless. My perfect build is a .1 dual coil on a single tube whereas series has a little more room. Maybe a .25 to a .35-ish .4 at the most so far or the ramp dwindles too much.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Just personal preference. I don't really care for premade coils. The last pair I bought were a real disappointment. I haven't started making my own Claptons yet so I buy rolls of wire from AVS and Lightning Vapes. I don't see myself ever using kanthal again. I'm really close to not using Ni80 after having used stainless. I love stainless. My perfect build is a .1 dual coil on a single tube whereas series has a little more room. Maybe a .25 to a .35-ish .4 at the most so far or the ramp dwindles too much.
Do u know how to make parallels.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Yeah but I like fused claptons better. More flavor better vapor production and handles the heat better imo.
Im at a standstill. I love fused claptons. They vape cooler. But sometimes I like the flavor better from parallels. I bet if u gave me an rda and didnt tell me which one was in it I cudnt tell u the difference.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Wire materials are going to play a lot into the satisfaction of your parallel build in what they offer and how they perform.

I use them frequently for cloud chasing. Generally NI80 and sometimes NI80 with a smaller gauge KA1 wrap to retard the ramp and up the ohms a bit. For me SS in 24+ gauges is kind of a pain in the ass wrapping parallels.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I seem to get more flavor from parallels but I still have trouble making them. I just satarted learning last week. I wont even atempt a clapton.
It takes time. I vape parallel coils for a couple years. Twisted wire spits too much for me. But parallel is perfect

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Im at a standstill. I love fused claptons. They vape cooler. But sometimes I like the flavor better from parallels. I bet if u gave me an rda and didnt tell me which one was in it I cudnt tell u the difference.

I might not be able to either at any given time but when I have them side by side with the same ohms I can tell really well.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Wire materials are going to play a lot into the satisfaction of your parallel build in what they offer and how they perform.

I use them frequently for cloud chasing. Generally NI80 and sometimes NI80 with a smaller gauge KA1 wrap to retard the ramp and up the ohms a bit. For me SS in 24+ gauges is kind of a pain in the ass wrapping parallels.
I use 8 wraps of parallel28 gauge kanthal. Heats up instantly with thin gauge wire. Plenty of vapor. And ohms out at almost.5. Saves on battery.

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I use 8 wraps of parallel28 gauge kanthal. Heats up instantly with thin gauge wire. Plenty of vapor. And ohms out at almost.5. Saves on battery.

I build low. Now staged heating coils are nice. I like building those.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Thats why you are having trouble twisting them. 28g is floppy and doesn't hold its form as well. You might benefit from trying some larger gauge wires and mixing materials. You will find a sweet spot that scratches your itch. 24g and 26g are very good choices for parallel wraps if you can find your happy ohms. They also hold their form better.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oddly enough I can make a fused Clapton easier than a single Clapton. Fucking weird, right?

Not at all, with spinners it's so easy making fused Claptons. Single clapton the wrapping wire slips off and is a major bitch when making coils

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
A lot of people build low. Whats the advantage. I always ohm high. Is flavor better low.

I believe that it's a personal preference thing. And I also believe that I need to clarify that I will NEVER suggest that someone builds as low as I do. To me that would be irresponsible. It's just a place in my vaping experience that I progressed to. Battery safety is first to me. I know when to set my mechs down and vape a different mech. That's one reason I have 4 tubes and I'll get more. But I have a chronic case of shinyitus so ...

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
So it doesnt matter on a regulated mod cause u control the wattage right?

It matters. Just in a different fashion. You should be using watts law with a regulated mod.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You like higher wattage. No prob with that. Most times I run close to 100 on a regulated mod my coils are .15 or lower. Takes more power to fire them to the vape I like.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
.5 ohms at 100w sounds like a donkey punch on round wire coils. That would be somewhere in the 25-30w range for me. You should consider some experimentation with different gauges and wire materials, Jack. I do believe there is a better vape waiting for you.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Jackvape do you build staged heating coils?
Those are nice to. 24/26 staged. Nice vape. I used 26/28k for a long time as well. Then I joined the builders thread and got tired of my coils not looking like everyone else's so I started building. Lol

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Those are nice to. 24/26 staged. Nice vape. I used 26/28k for a long time as well. Then I joined the builders thread and got tired of my coils not looking like everyone else's so I started building. Lol

I've gone as high as 24 and it does good. 26 is nice. Heats quicker. Really depends on the clapton volume/size.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I understand it correctly parallels is when you double up the wire then do the wraps. I have a couple of single coil atomizers I do parallel fused claptons on

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
If I understand it correctly parallels is when you double up the wire then do the wraps. I have a couple of single coil atomizers I do parallel fused claptons on
Yup those are the ones and a fused clapton is a parallel (usually more then 2)wrapped with a smaller gauge wire.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup those are the ones and a fused clapton is a parallel (usually more then 2)wrapped with a smaller gauge wire.

yea the wire I'm using is tri core 28ga/36ga put in a kylin mini came out to .18 ohms in parallel

VU Sponsors