Become a Patron!

Gah! Vape Tongue!

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Vaping Killer Kustard Strawberry in one of my Falcon King tanks. Through the evening it just didn't seem to be doing it for me, taste-wise. Thought "Ok, I'll load up the new tank with Aqua Cream Vortex. That combination knocked my socks off the other day." That was a little >< better, but not "Holy Cow!" better.

Time to give it a rest, I think.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ah the good old vape tongue which is the exact reason why i have one mint flavor a few vapes of that and a drink of water and i am good to go. i tend to rotate between - a savory, a sweet, and a fruit using that mint watermelon if i have to. the main key for me is hydration and pacing.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
ah the good old vape tongue which is the exact reason why i have one mint flavor a few vapes of that and a drink of water and i am good to go.
Hmmm... Maybe I'll make one last shopping trip, tomorrow, before Michigan's ban takes effect and grab a mint flavour.

... and a fruit using that mint watermelon if i have to.
Ah, mint watermelon. I was going to ask what you would suggest I look for.

the main key for me is hydration and pacing.
Yeah, I overdid it today. Need to pace myself.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
ah the good old vape tongue which is the exact reason why i have one mint flavor a few vapes of that and a drink of water and i am good to go. i tend to rotate between - a savory, a sweet, and a fruit using that mint watermelon if i have to. the main key for me is hydration and pacing.

What savory flavors do you vape? It’s not a profile that you hear about too often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hahaha!

So I went to a local vape store and picked out the most intense mint/menthol flavour I could find. Go big or go home, right? :) Element Frost, it is. Their product description says "Icy menthol balanced by subtle sweet tones. Shake your senses with our gratifying menthol blend! Frost is a mildly sweet and chilling menthol experience."

Whoa! "Icy menthol" indeed! It does have subtle, very subtle sweetness, but, man, that was a bit of a shock.

I think I may go back, later today, and maybe find something a touch less intense. But I'll tell ya this: If this stuff can't reset my taste and smell, nothing can.

Last edited:

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Wouldn't olfactory be smell and not taste?
Yes. But so-called "vaper's tongue" is really more aptly called "vaper's fatigue," because it's caused by a dulling of senses on both the taste and olfactory senses. Search on "vaper's tongue" for a more detailed explanation.

Nonetheless, your point is well-made. I've edited my prior post.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What savory flavors do you vape? It’s not a profile that you hear about too often.

i like the banana oatmeal cookie by twist e liquids. i also like there 360 triple twist. i use lava flow by naked for a random drip vape. all 3mg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
i like the banana oatmeal cookie by twist e liquids. i also like there 360 triple twist. i use lava flow by naked for a random drip vape. all 3mg

The banana one sounds great! When I was looking at mixing flavors, I saw a Chicken Waffle flavor that sounded really strange, and I thought savory might be something like that!

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Savory to me are the dount and bakery themed flavors

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rayon,,, moves eliquid like a kid's slip & slide,,, cotton is like an old kitchen rug,, it absorbs eliquid.

I had chronic VT,,, switched to Rayon problem solved,,, no longer trying to vape on a clogged cotton wick.

3+years no VT,, 30-50MLS a day of same 6 flavor recipe

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Switching to the Element Frost and, later in the evening, Naked Brain Freeze for a day, and not vaping like a steam locomotive all day seems to have done the trick: The taste of my favourite juice is back :)

VU Sponsors