Become a Patron!

Gardening shtuff

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like gardening. Do you like it, too? Come hang with the green thumbs that love to vape, WHOO HOO!

I just thought I would start a little thread for people to talk about the gardens, flowers, plants, whatever. Just because I'm weird like that.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My experience in gardening (back when I was a kid) is mostly cutting grass, cutting and collecting Bougainvillea live fence while getting pricked and a lot of sweating, so not a big fan :D

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love flowers and vegetables. I have two main flower gardens and a large vegetable garden.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When I was younger I was always working in the garden with my grandpa. Watering, weeding and, my personal favorite, squashing potato bugs! Lol My Grandpa Died years ago, but after I had my plant interest re-awakened, I found a picture of my grandpa (he was 6' ish when the picture was taken) in front of a HUGE group of morning glories towering over him, like 8-10' tall! I took that as him challenging me from the beyond (all in good fun, of course,) so this spring I'm going for it! Lol my goal is to plant some on each side of the house and hope like Harry Houdini that they meet in the center.

On a side note I've had an interest in carnivorous plants for a couple years, it could also be time to go all "little shop of horrors" lol Imma put up some (1" barbed wire) trellis, just to be on the safe side hehe

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've gotten into vegetable gardening this summer. My father has always had a beautiful garden all his life unfortunately his health has went south .So this summer after buying bad tomatoes and wanting fresh veggies I said hell with it in,going start mind you I didn't like gardening when I was growing up . But now I like it I have 4 beautiful tomato plants green pepper plants 12 broccoli a plants potatoes and lettice its a real joy now.Thanks Dad I owe you alot.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've gotten into vegetable gardening this summer. My father has always had a beautiful garden all his life unfortunately his health has went south .So this summer after buying bad tomatoes and wanting fresh veggies I said hell with it in,going start mind you I didn't like gardening when I was growing up . But now I like it I have 4 beautiful tomato plants green pepper plants 12 broccoli a plants potatoes and lettice its a real joy now.Thanks Dad I owe you alot.
Its really kind of a form of meditation, I used to spend hours a day in my little indoor garden, the orange glow from the HPS was really relaxing too. I can see why bonsai is so big

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Enjoying the gardening for 8 years now. Season is too short here in the mountains so I do it indoors. It is relaxing and fulfilling activity and only time that I have for myself, so I am always looking forward to it. Have HPS on top of the fruits, while my"leafy" plants seems to be doing their best with MH. Very fascinating cycle of life, once you become part of it on a day to day basis.
Haven't done the Bonsai yet, but I would try to experiment with mixed spectrum since it is a tree. Phillips use to make a retro 400watt ceramic MH bulb that was very close to full spectrum but they stopped. Greenies loved it more then any other light, and it increased my cloning success rate from 75 to over 95%.

Last edited:

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's a nice assortment. Good plants that show quick progress. There is a way of growing potatoes indoor in garbage cans and 55gal drums. That's going to be my next project.

VU Sponsors