Become a Patron!

gathering my DIY supplies/tool/knowledge

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I tried Microwave Heating of e-Liquids one time but it got too hot too fast~! Never again because the temperature got over 150°F which degrades Nicotine. I used to use an electric mixer and hot water baths but have gone to a simple Incandescent bulb for heating. Keeps the bottles at 100°F and speeds the infusion.
Here's how I learn to do it on YouTube but this was a 30 ml bottles, so you can go all the way up to 12 seconds in the microwave if you have like I just did, five of the 120 ml bottles in it. So if you are heating one 30 ml bottle.. you only microwave it for about 4 seconds maybe just three. Then touch it and see if it feels good and warm. Then throw it in your icebox for 3 minutes. You can double the times when you double the quantity. When I just did 5 120 ml bottles in the microwave I did it for 13 seconds on high and they were just right and I shook them up a whole lot and then put them in the freezer for 10 minutes and repeated the process and they taste great now.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use an Infrared Temperature Sensor to monitor temperature and with my Microwave 4 seconds was too much. Do a little research into how liquids get super heated in a Microwave. I tried it years ago and never again. Although there are ways to speed infusion nothing beats good old time.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
liquid barn sent me an email saying they have not gotten to me yet.

also. scales. I read on this, but forgot. is .1g ok ? I'm thinking it is, but idk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use an Infrared Temperature Sensor to monitor temperature and with my Microwave 4 seconds was too much. Do a little research into how liquids get super heated in a Microwave. I tried it years ago and never again. Although there are ways to speed infusion nothing beats good old time.
Time is on my side. Maybe a warm water bath instead of microwave. Next they'll be saying we get radiation from speed steeping.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
liquid barn sent me an email saying they have not gotten to me yet.

also. scales. I read on this, but forgot. is .1g ok ? I'm thinking it is, but idk
.01.... Needs to be to the hundredths. Notice the recipe.
d514d95d73cc95900f4ffd49e37e9068.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that I look at the recipe most of it a .1 scale would work but for more intricate recipes you'll need the hundredths

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is the best way I have found for heating with an incandescent bulb. Never use fluorescent because they create UV Rays.

master:ALLT065.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was going to use drops. But I lose count when counting money daily. Figured I'd mess up the juice. Lol

Drops is only for increments less that 1/2 an ML for me. Although I do have an RY4 Double that is so powerful I started using drops and when I made a larger bottle I just used the same recipe so stayed with drops and was at 24 or more.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I now have my stuff. and, I am having a brain cramp. AND I forgot to order a scale, will today.

the first thing I am going to try = vanilla cream tobacco, it smells nice. but since I have no scale, and little knowledge, I am going to wing it.

I am trying to figure out steam-engine calculator, key word = trying.

so, if I may ask, what amount of nic should I put in (drops). I have 100mg pg.

ok, so, I have CG 30ml bottles. using the ruler that comes with them= I put 40% VG and 5% flavor (says 9% on bottle).
any comments and nic advice ? thanx

I can "see" what you guys mean about steeping.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok, this is what I got, but idk if I am doing it right. does it look anything close ?

Ingredient ml Drops Percent
100mg Nicotine E-Liquid 1.2 ml 24 drops 6 %
Set to 20 drops per ml
Supplied 6mg Nicotine per ml to Recipe
PG/VG 17 ml 340 drops 85 %
Set to 20 drops per ml
Enter Flavor Name 1.8 ml 36 drops 9 %
Set to 20 drops per ml

Totals 20 ml 400 drops 100 %
6 mg Nicotine per ml

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ok, this is what I got, but idk if I am doing it right. does it look anything close ?

Ingredient ml Drops Percent
100mg Nicotine E-Liquid 1.2 ml 24 drops 6 %
Set to 20 drops per ml
Supplied 6mg Nicotine per ml to Recipe
PG/VG 17 ml 340 drops 85 %
Set to 20 drops per ml
Enter Flavor Name 1.8 ml 36 drops 9 %
Set to 20 drops per ml

Totals 20 ml 400 drops 100 %
6 mg Nicotine per ml
I think that looks right? It’s been a while since I’ve done drops, but the math looks right.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I think that looks right? It’s been a while since I’ve done drops, but the math looks right.

ok, thanx. I am going to go 6% nic. even if I go over I don't see a problem. I am using some 12mg juice I have now with no problem.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
it just dawned on me. my diy VG is clear. I thought it was supposed to be amber'ish ?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the first thing I am going to try = vanilla cream tobacco, it smells nice.

So how do you like the Vanilla Cream Tobacco? I make it at 7% and it is one of my most vaped flavors. Last time I messed up and have a bottle at a little over 8%.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So because I asked what you thought, I tried the 8+% and IMO it is too strong. I may cut it with another bottle to make it less. Meaning I will mix up another bottle and mix them or take this and make a 120ML and adjust it to my 7% have to make a decision.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have not tried it, Steve. only been about, what, 35 hours now. so idk how well it is steeped. though I have been 'rolling" the bottle.
I also have tobacco and sweet pipe tobacco. I like tobacco when I drink.
have you ever tried NAKED 100 AMERICAN PATRIOTS ?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
just tried the franken mix, not good. idk if its the flavor and/or my errors, probably me. and I hope so, as I have a 60ml bottle of it.

What is the Franken Mix? Although you said it has not aged long and for me it takes 3-4 days at 100°F to properly infuse. And 9% IMO is high because 8% was too strong since I have been at 7% for years now. Maybe give it more time.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
the vanilla cream tobacco.

and I just tried my strawberry , it tastes like raw strawberry.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
yah. I am thinking it may be good if sweetened up. I like raw strawberry, but they MUST have something sweet on top.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So has the Vanilla Cream Mellowed out for you?

I am about ready to go have my fri night beers. I will be trying it tonight. though I have yet decided how, I need more RTA's, lol.
perhaps I will drip it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am vaping that extra strong VCT I made not sure if it mellowed with more time or I got used to it? Enjoy :vino:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
so, I used it most of last night. its not bad, but not "good". my initial mix was VERY mild. so I put more flavor in it and shook the crap out of it. stronger, but not strong. so, for now, I will call it mellow.

steve, how much extra strong ? I am guessing mine is about 15%+

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
also. I ordered my scale from amazon, sunday. they have yet to ship it. fuck amazon. shoulda got it on ebay = would have it now.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
steve, how much extra strong ? I am guessing mine is about 15%+

I regularly make my VCT at 7% and last time I messed up and had almost an extra ML in the beaker so it was a little over 8%. I usually leave it for 3-4 days under 100°F heat which speeds up the infusion. The VCT is high VG content so it takes a little longer. Good Luck my friend.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, by the way since my coffee is kicking in I just had a thought............. Remember many say More is less when it comes to flavoring and LB recommends 9%

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
many say More is less when it comes to flavoring and LB recommends 9%

that's great. but this time there was almost no flavor. and adding picked it up. I am going to put new coils in the tTt and see what happens.

and I did also dripped it in my RECURVE, which, the few other times I used it, it had BIG flavor. but this time it was about the same as the tTt with cheap kanthal coils I wrapped.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
that's great. but this time there was almost no flavor. and adding picked it up. I am going to put new coils in the tTt and see what happens.
and I did also dripped it in my RECURVE, which, the few other times I used it, it had BIG flavor. but this time it was about the same as the tTt with cheap kanthal coils I wrapped.

Well taste as they say is subjective you know. Plus some use such tiny amounts of flavor and some use so much it would blow my tongue out. Also don't forget about vapers tongue. Sometimes you need to wake those puppies up. Never fear you will find the sweet spot.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well taste as they say is subjective you know.

Plus some use such tiny amounts of flavor and some use so much it would blow my tongue out.

Also don't forget about vapers tongue. Sometimes you need to wake those puppies up.

Never fear you will find the sweet spot.

yep, no doubt.

I'm sure.

yeah, I get that, have it now.

idk, I don't expect to like everything, same as food. but, I did not waist money on this flavor, its good enough to use.
and doing a recipe with it may well work out, or not.

btw, Steve(or anyone else)
would you happen to know if there is a list of essential flavors to get for a beginner ? you know, like, most often used.
20-30 would be fine.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
btw, Steve(or anyone else)
would you happen to know if there is a list of essential flavors to get for a beginner ? you know, like, most often used.
20-30 would be fine.

Sorry can't help you there because I totally do my own thing when it comes to DIY. Probably because of the dumbass self proclaimed Gurus over on the shit hole forum who think if you aren't doing it their way your doing it wrong.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just had a thought @jinx'd do have some Cream or other flavor to maybe spice up the VCT? I sometimes use Coconut in my Tobaccos for a change up during a tank. Definitely gives the Tobacco a Tropical flair.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Sorry can't help you there because I totally do my own thing when it comes to DIY.

Probably because of the dumbass self proclaimed Gurus over on the shit hole forum who think if you aren't doing it their way your doing it wrong.

yeah, just thought I would ask.

lol, tell me how you feel. what is the shit hole forum ?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just had a thought @jinx'd do have some Cream or other flavor to maybe spice up the VCT? I sometimes use Coconut in my Tobaccos for a change up during a tank. Definitely gives the Tobacco a Tropical flair.

yeah, I have cream and a few others.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
used it again last night. I am going to say its not for me. hopefully I can find a way to use it for something other than emergence juice.
but, some time down the road I may get ti like it, who knows.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Too bad, but that is the subjectivity part of e-Liquids. To each his own but I might suggest cutting a small amount to half the flavoring and try that. Might just be too strong. Just a thought.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Too bad, but that is the subjectivity part of e-Liquids. To each his own

but I might suggest cutting a small amount to half the flavoring and try that. Might just be too strong. Just a thought.

yes, yes it is.

Steve, that is what I started with, and it was just "ok". then I added more, its stronger now, just not doing it for me. but I am thinking some sweetener may just get er kick'n.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The coils look a little black like caramelized liquid. I wonder if that could be why you don't like the taste? Or is just the picture and lighting?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am no expert. but I think they are pretty clean. and the flavor never changed, other than when I changed wattage.

VU Sponsors