Become a Patron!

Gave up on rta, moved to rda, now for temp control

martybaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,

I have recently taken up dripping and loving it. I'm getting great flavour and clouds.

I have had an itchy throat for some time and now I am thinking of using the temperature control function on my smok alien mod. I tried 26 guage ni200 but kept getting the too low ohms message.

I am interested in building with stainless steel and was hoping to find out what worked for you.

Thanks

Hobart, Tasmania

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Need more info....... what kind of vape do you like? Also the atty and amount of power you can put through it is also required to give a valid suggestion.

I like 28 single strand at around .6 to .8.. 2x28 at about .4.... 2x30 at around .6.. but then I also like to keep my wattage below 25. Don't like changing batts more than 1 time per day.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

s7m8a1978

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All I use is stainless. I've used Ti and kanthal but stainless has a cleaner taste and smoother hit imo. With that said using TC on stainless tends to be less accurate due to the metal itself and the mod being used. You may notice a pulse during use. I typically run dual 26 gauge single strand for .6 and run anywhere from 55 to 65 watts depending on the juice. I usually don't run in TC with the mods I own except when I'm breaking in new coils and/or wicks though. Just find it to be easier on the build. My next mod will probably be a DNA. Those boards are supposedly the pinnacle for TC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martybaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All I use is stainless. I've used Ti and kanthal but stainless has a cleaner taste and smoother hit imo. With that said using TC on stainless tends to be less accurate due to the metal itself and the mod being used. You may notice a pulse during use. I typically run dual 26 gauge single strand for .6 and run anywhere from 55 to 65 watts depending on the juice. I usually don't run in TC with the mods I own except when I'm breaking in new coils and/or wicks though. Just find it to be easier on the build. My next mod will probably be a DNA. Those boards are supposedly the pinnacle for TC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am very interested in the lost vape therion, it has a dna chip.

Hobart, Tasmania

VU Sponsors