Become a Patron!

Gearbest personal experiences. Good or bad?

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
So heres another pitch for a seemingly unreliable company. http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2015/09/oh-snap-eleaf-istick-60-watt-tc-box-mod.html

If any of you are brave enough to take a chance, please let us know how it goes. I would buy one at that price, but not from those scumbags.
Agree!!! I'm still waiting for my clapton wire that SHIPPED on August 11. We are now bordering on the sublime! Its really a shame that a $6 order will cost you a customer. I have ordered 5 other items from China, including one from FT that have been here for weeks. I don't know if I'll get my money back through PP or not, but I do know no more of my money will make it to gear best . I don't care if they're selling 24k solid gold mods for $1. Customer service is the most important thing to me!

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agree!!! I'm still waiting for my clapton wire that SHIPPED on August 11. We are now bordering on the sublime! Its really a shame that a $6 order will cost you a customer. I have ordered 5 other items from China, including one from FT that have been here for weeks. I don't know if I'll get my money back through PP or not, but I do know no more of my money will make it to gear best . I don't care if they're selling 24k solid gold mods for $1. Customer service is the most important thing to me!
here is a link to a reliable 'china import' company. http://www.3fvape.com/
Ive heard nothing but good from this company.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well according to Gearbest CS they told me after 60 working days, report back to them if I did not receive by wire from them and they will refund or resend. LOL Im not holding my breath on that one. To add to my story of woe, the 60 working days is just 2 days past from when i have to file a refund claim from Paypal. It's like they knew how many days before that Paypal case would be closed if I don't ask for a judgment. :\

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well according to Gearbest CS they told me after 60 working days, report back to them if I did not receive by wire from them and they will refund or resend. LOL Im not holding my breath on that one. To add to my story of woe, the 60 working days is just 2 days past from when i have to file a refund claim from Paypal. It's like they knew how many days before that Paypal case would be closed if I don't ask for a judgment. :\

I got that same joke of an email. And of course 60 'working days' comes out to 76 days when you add in the weekends.
11 weeks to get an order.
1yttP2p.gif

Then there's the tenor of the email. Hey, it's only been 7 weeks. Stop being an impatient asshole and get back to us in another month.

Never again.

Seven5555

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My experience with Gear Best has been awful. When I write a ticket, takes 10 days to get a response or none at all and they dont even read the tickets. The item was not vape related but I buy vape gear a couple/few times a week from the ads I see here (VaporJoes) and a few others.

I'm posting this here because my experience with Gearbest has stopped me from buying vape gear or anything from them and most of the best deals being posted are for Gearbest.

They dont really seem to have any post-purchase customer support at all. It seems like all of thier support is pre-purchase and if they run out of things to do then maybe some will answer tickets. That's why there is no chat for post purchase.

I really wish I could get some help from someone over there and stopped being told bs apologies and made offers that do not cover the cost of the parts that were defective out of the box and made the item unusable out of the box.

So far my opinion is, Gearbest is a hustle.

Vapor.gearbest

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Day 70. I have given up on ever receiving my Clapton wire from Gear Best. Their customer service has been completely unhelpful yet oddly demanding.
Just ordered the same wire from 101.
Gear Best link deleted.
Hi John Q Public,
Sorry too late to register in this forum, I am from vapor.gearbest.com ,if any thing I could do for you.
I would like to try my best to help your order.
If you don't mind, pls PM me and give me your order number, I will give you a satisfied result asap.
Thank you.

Vapor.gearbest

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My experience with Gear Best has been awful. When I write a ticket, takes 10 days to get a response or none at all and they dont even read the tickets. The item was not vape related but I buy vape gear a couple/few times a week from the ads I see here (VaporJoes) and a few others.

I'm posting this here because my experience with Gearbest has stopped me from buying vape gear or anything from them and most of the best deals being posted are for Gearbest.

They dont really seem to have any post-purchase customer support at all. It seems like all of thier support is pre-purchase and if they run out of things to do then maybe some will answer tickets. That's why there is no chat for post purchase.

I really wish I could get some help from someone over there and stopped being told bs apologies and made offers that do not cover the cost of the parts that were defective out of the box and made the item unusable out of the box.

So far my opinion is, Gearbest is a hustle.
Pls feel free to PM me your order number.
Hope I could do any thing to help you.
Thanks

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have sent you a private message concerning a order from you not receive and not getting good help from customer service @Zarya

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WHY are you being serious right now?
Shipping is too damn long
Customer service sucks
Items are not as described!!
This are my own opinions based on my past experience,
I repeat this are my own opinions!

VAPE ON

Vapor.gearbest

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
WHY are you being serious right now?
Shipping is too damn long
Customer service sucks
Items are not as described!!
This are my own opinions based on my past experience,
I repeat this are my own opinions!

VAPE ON
Sorry ,I know our customer service can't give you any more helps, and I would like to help you.
About the Shipping, we have set up the US warehouse in New York which could save your precious time.
If the item is not as described, pls leave me your order #, I would like to change one for you or apply the refund for you.
Although I am not a Customer service worker, I would like try my best to help you here.
Thank you for your opinion, I will feed back to my boss and improve our service.
Have a good time.
Zarya

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry ,I know our customer service can't give you any more helps, and I would like to help you.
About the Shipping, we have set up the US warehouse in New York which could save your precious time.
If the item is not as described, pls leave me your order #, I would like to change one for you or apply the refund for you.
Although I am not a Customer service worker, I would like try my best to help you here.
Thank you for your opinion, I will feed back to my boss and improve our service.
Have a good time.
Zarya
So who are you for GEARBEST ? USA owner?

VAPE ON

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And my 3 month odyssey to receive my Clapton wire from Gear Best comes to an end. Thank you for expediting my refund, Zarya.

Now the ironic finishing twist to the whole ordeal. After giving up on Gear Best, I ordered the Uwell Clapton wire from 101. Got it in 4 days.
It's total crap.
While the advertising says it's rated A1, it is really C. Takes forever to heat up. Has a metallic taste. Just crap. It's going straight into the garbage.

-fin

Vapor.gearbest

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
And my 3 month odyssey to receive my Clapton wire from Gear Best comes to an end. Thank you for expediting my refund, Zarya.

Now the ironic finishing twist to the whole ordeal. After giving up on Gear Best, I ordered the Uwell Clapton wire from 101. Got it in 4 days.
It's total crap.
While the advertising says it's rated A1, it is really C. Takes forever to heat up. Has a metallic taste. Just crap. It's going straight into the garbage.

-fin
You are welcome.
I am delighted to help all of you.
If you have any problems or need any coupon code,pls feel free to PM me.
Thanks.

Vapor.gearbest

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yup, do u have any idea when it will be real ease?

VAPE ON
We hasn't upload the Sigelei 200W on our site and maybe will upload it in the near future.
If upload to the US warehouse, I will let you know.
SMY 200 is a good stuff and it is preorder on our site.
Thanks.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
"Gearbest personal experiences. Good or bad?"

Experience #1 - BAD - Order Placed 10+ Weeks Ago / 70+ Days - Not Received

On August 10/2015, I placed a small test order for some Youde UD Clapton and
Youde UD 26 & 28awg Kanthal wire spools using the Free Shipping option. Still waiting!.

My orders from Fasttech with their Free Shipping option without Tracking (Swiss Post)
arrive on my doorstep within 14-21 days (Weekends incl.). With that in mind, I'm not
interested in any excuses.

Product pages state that the items ordered: Ship within 3-5 business days

Youde UD 26/28awg Kanthal Wire

OK - Shipped Aug 17, 2015 46 Business Days (50 Business days since ship date will fall on on Oct. 23)

Youde UD Clapton and Youde UD 26/28 Kanthal wire

Not OK - Shipped Sep 07, 2015, which is almost 1 month after purchase date. (31Business days since ship date)

There is another disturbing issue with Gearbest that I'll post about later on!

-

Last edited:

Vapor.gearbest

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
"Gearbest personal experiences. Good or bad?"

Experience #1 - BAD - Order Placed 10+ Weeks Ago / 70+ Days - Not Received

Youde UD 26 & 28awg Kanthal wire spools using the Free Shipping option. Still waiting!.

My orders from Fasttech with their Free Shipping option without Tracking (Swiss Post)
arrive on my doorstep within 14-21 days (Weekends incl.). With that in mind, I'm not
interested in any excuses.

There is another disturbing issue with Gearbest that I'll post about later on!

-
Hi Ramsay Bolton,
Could you PM me your order number or leave me your order number here.
Maybe I could help you.
Thanks.
Zarya

Vapor.gearbest

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In addition ,I have join in this forum as unlisted vendor.
If you have any problem , you also could contact me or leave me a comment here: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vapor-gearbest-com-good-deal-waiting-for-you.143451/
As an aside, I have launch a giveaway in the new thread.
Looking forward to your coming.
Thanks
Well Zarya, Im glad to see someone here from gearbest helping to fix its own image and customers problems. That said, gearbest has screwed around so many people in the vaping community, that you will have an uphill battle if internal policies are not changed. I truly hope you have an influential position in the company and can have a positive impact on their operations as a whole.

Over the last couple years, ive encountered alot of dissatisfied gearbest customers and for good reason. Ive seen issues ranging from multiple month shipping times, false labeling of products, refusals to refund, misrepresentations of what was in the US warehouse, and complete disregard for updating out of stock items. Just one of these issues would be normal and forgivable, but all of them stacked up makes for really bad business and VERY unhappy customers.

Like I said, I wish you the best and hope you can prevent more people from getting screwed. I want to believe gearbest is making an effort to fix its problems and your presence is not a convoluted attempt at damage control.

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*L* When I saw the posts from Zarya trying to clean up Gear Bests image, I actually felt sorry for her.
She walked into an unwinnable job. Unless GB makes some major overhaul of their business practices, she's going to be left swinging in the breeze.
Good luck in your next job, Zarya.

Vapor.gearbest

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well Zarya, Im glad to see someone here from gearbest helping to fix its own image and customers problems. That said, gearbest has screwed around so many people in the vaping community, that you will have an uphill battle if internal policies are not changed. I truly hope you have an influential position in the company and can have a positive impact on their operations as a whole.

Over the last couple years, ive encountered alot of dissatisfied gearbest customers and for good reason. Ive seen issues ranging from multiple month shipping times, false labeling of products, refusals to refund, misrepresentations of what was in the US warehouse, and complete disregard for updating out of stock items. Just one of these issues would be normal and forgivable, but all of them stacked up makes for really bad business and VERY unhappy customers.

Like I said, I wish you the best and hope you can prevent more people from getting screwed. I want to believe gearbest is making an effort to fix its problems and your presence is not a convoluted attempt at damage control.
Hi Pauly Walnuts,
Gearbest have change a lot. Thank you for your suggestion.
About the Shipping time, we have set up the Overseas warehouse which could save your time and money.
If you found the any problems with item , you could contact me directly and about the refund , I could try my best to apply for you.
The US warehouse set up for about 2 month, and we haven't upload all the stuff in the US warehouse.
Surely, we have update the function of US warehouse or EU warehouse on our site to avoid the misrepresentations.
Finally, we have adjust and improve our service step by step, hope to give you a good service.
Thank you very much.
If you or others have any problems with your order, pls feel free to PM Vapor.gearbest.
I am here to waiting for you and delighted to help all of you.
Hope you have a good time with gearbest.:D
(I apologize to you for my awful English, hoping for your forgiveness, and I am studying all the time,Make effort to do it best.)

*L* When I saw the posts from Zarya trying to clean up Gear Bests image, I actually felt sorry for her.
She walked into an unwinnable job. Unless GB makes some major overhaul of their business practices, she's going to be left swinging in the breeze.
Good luck in your next job, Zarya.

Hi John Q Public,
haha, thank you for your opinion, I am very in favor of gearbest team.
It is like a big family and help me a lot.
Of course, it has many defaults and I would like to grow up with it.
I am very glad that I enjoy this job.;)

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Update:

Zarya has compensated me for the delay in the delivery of my MIA Youde Wire order,
so I'll try to keep my cool a little while longer. However, PayPal has a 180 Day dispute
window that I will take advantage of after the 50 business day delivery deadline has past.

-

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Update:

Zarya has compensated me for the delay in the delivery of my MIA Youde Wire order,
so I'll try to keep my cool a little while longer. However, PayPal has a 180 Day dispute
window that I will take advantage of after the 50 business day delivery deadline has past.

-
please keep us posted

Vapor.gearbest

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You bet I will!

-
I am doing my best to assist you and if you did not receive your stuff after more than 60 days I will be happy to ask my colleague to process a refund for you. Take note that insulting me wont speed up the process, quite the opposite I am still here to help but I would preferthat this is done in a civil manner. Thanks

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am doing my best to assist you and if you did not receive your stuff after more than 60 days I will be happy to ask my colleague to process a refund for you. Take note that insulting me wont speed up the process, quite the opposite I am still here to help but I would preferthat this is done in a civil manner. Thanks

Zarya,

I wrote above that you are trying to help me. I have not written a single thing negative about
you, I have no idea where you are getting this from unless the issue relates to a cultural
or language barrier. To be honest, I am insulted that I am being falsely accused of behaving
in an uncivilized or rude manner.

http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...riences-good-or-bad.105022/page-2#post-727327

I have never personally attacked you or attempted to insult you. I have been diplomatic and more than
civil in my communications despite my frustrations with my Gearbest dealings.

*** Please show us an example or examples of what I have written that is uncivil or an insulting personal attack ***

Let me make this clear for all to witness:

You have been helpful and fair with me in dealing with my non-delivered order,
so accusing me of insulting you is untrue.

I suggest you read the following post where I clarify some of what I have written in regard
to Giveaway/Contest issues with a different Gearbest employee.

http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...good-deal-waiting-for-you.143451/#post-727484

Cheers!

-

Last edited:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well after my last order took nearly a month to ship, said I wouldn't use gearbest again, but then saw they have a US warehouse, so decided to give that a go, as the prices was good, ordered a morph tank and 2 rba plus heads for my kanger subtanks, not in hurry for them, so thought I would take the risk, well they did ship within 2 days, according to tracking should be here by Wednesday, so be to my door in about a week from ordering, not as good as most US vendors, but not bad at all though for the savings :)

Hi_Plains_Drifter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a 90.00 smartwatch ,You took my money in less than a hour, 30 days go by. It was never shipped . The order link never worked properly .
Never again will I use you people .

Vapor.gearbest

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I ordered a 90.00 smartwatch ,You took my money in less than a hour, 30 days go by. It was never shipped . The order link never worked properly .
Never again will I use you people .
:(it is a pity to here that.
We have set up the US warehouse now, maybe it could save all of your time and ship asap.
do you have received your stuff or cancel your order now?
If you don't mind, you could leave your order for me.
I would like to try my best to help you.

Hi_Plains_Drifter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
:(it is a pity to here that.
We have set up the US warehouse now, maybe it could save all of your time and ship asap.
do you have received your stuff or cancel your order now?
If you don't mind, you could leave your order for me.
I would like to try my best to help you.
Well now , I had used Paypal to pay . Good thing i did , because the link to do anything to my order did not work .
I had to cancel through Paypal .

Vapor.gearbest

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well now , I had used Paypal to pay . Good thing i did , because the link to do anything to my order did not work .
I had to cancel through Paypal .
could you take a screenshot to my by PM me?
I would like try to sorted it out.
Thanks

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well after my last order took nearly a month to ship, said I wouldn't use gearbest again, but then saw they have a US warehouse, so decided to give that a go, as the prices was good, ordered a morph tank and 2 rba plus heads for my kanger subtanks, not in hurry for them, so thought I would take the risk, well they did ship within 2 days, according to tracking should be here by Wednesday, so be to my door in about a week from ordering, not as good as most US vendors, but not bad at all though for the savings :)

My order did turn up today and all is good, so did take a week from the day I ordered, not bad at all.

I still wouldn't risk ordering from the China part of GearBest as been bitten twice with that part before, but sure would order from their US warehouse though.

Only thing is I don't to see a easy way to see what products are at the US warehouse though @Vapor.gearbest

Vapor.gearbest

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My order did turn up today and all is good, so did take a week from the day I ordered, not bad at all.

I still wouldn't risk ordering from the China part of GearBest as been bitten twice with that part before, but sure would order from their US warehouse though.

Only thing is I don't to see a easy way to see what products are at the US warehouse though @Vapor.gearbest
Thank you.
We will try our best to ship the stuff to our US warehouse.
Thanks

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Order Placed 10+ Weeks Ago / 70+ Days - Not Received

-

Update
:

Zarya arranged a refund for the full amount of my order (Refund Received).

Packages seem to have vanished from the face of the earth.

-

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I wish, I would have found, and read this thread earlier. I would have never placed an order with them, if I had known.

VU Sponsors