Become a Patron!

Gearbest personal experiences. Good or bad?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wish, I would have found, and read this thread earlier. I would have never placed an order with them, if I had known.
Amen to that! I was going to order a phantom 3 quadcopter from them. Saw the experience of others and decided to use a different vendor.
Sorrry for y'all

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ordered from their US warehouse 11/17/2015
Shipped UPS Surepost 11/18/2015
Sent to USPS on 11/19/2015
Delivered 11/24/2015

Ordered Snowwolf 1.5 / TFV4 / Goliath v2

Can't complain about the experience, price was great... only odd thing is .... took 1 week to receive something from the same city! they shipped from a warehouse in Staten Island, NY.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm guess I'm a gluten for punishment.

Couldn't resist the $9.99 price tag on a UD vape storage bag they had on special
a little while back. Paid extra for British Royal Mail registered and it arrived
today (About 2wks from ship date).

Still cautious, but a bit more optimistic.

-

Last edited:

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I broke my personal rule - No Gearbest Ever Again - and ordered the RBA deck for the Crown tank. Was supposed to ship on 11/26. Of course it hasn't shipped and they tell you nothing.
Forget about it, Jake. It's Gearbest Town.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did order a kooper tc 200w on preorder in october, been waiting to get my hands on it. A week a go I finally got an email saying silver was still out of stock, and asked if black was fine. Yes just get me the box lol so, billed the 15th of november and now waiting for my Black kooper so we'll see how that goes. Will update once I receive my product.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did order a kooper tc 200w on preorder in october, been waiting to get my hands on it. A week a go I finally got an email saying silver was still out of stock, and asked if black was fine. Yes just get me the box lol so, billed the 15th of november and now waiting for my Black kooper so we'll see how that goes. Will update once I receive my product.

I ordered the same damn mod, I'm still processing, maybe the new ones are IMPROVED?? they said they D/c the silver, I asked y
SILENCE

VAPE ON

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
According to there website everything I wanted was in stock. Then I waited and waited, nothing ever got shipped. Emailed them to find out my stuff is out of stock so I canceled and order from some where else. Had to pay a few more bucks but my tank shipped out the next day from WetVapes. Oh and still waiting a week later and my cotton has yet to even ship from gearbest.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
According to there website everything I wanted was in stock. Then I waited and waited, nothing ever got shipped. Emailed them to find out my stuff is out of stock so I canceled and order from some where else. Had to pay a few more bucks but my tank shipped out the next day from WetVapes. Oh and still waiting a week later and my cotton has yet to even ship from gearbest.
They do this shit all the time, they will in stock!! But in reality they are the manufacturers mercy!! I cancelled my order today still waiting for Their response.
And btw ur cotton is still in Japan,it's not ready to be pick up... Hahah

VAPE ON

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Holy shit, just got an email from gearbest. My Japanese cotton is on it's way and they have expedited the shipping. Should be here in 7 days but my tank from wervapes will be here this weekend.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here, been blasting them on the other thread, I cancelled my koopor though!!

VAPE ON

Karebear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We ordered coil heads on Sept. 1 of 2015, and we are still waiting. I wrote them on Nov. 1st, and asked where or package was. They asked if we wanted our money back or reship, we chose reship. Guess what, we are still waiting!! We will probably write them again in 2016 to ask where are our package is. We have learned our lesson from this, just because it looks like a great deal, doesn't mean it is!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I'd like to hear more from Vapor.gearbest on how they are trying to look into all the customer complaints and try to improve them.
Shipping delays
ordering in stock issues
communicating with customer base

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We ordered coil heads on Sept. 1 of 2015, and we are still waiting. I wrote them on Nov. 1st, and asked where or package was. They asked if we wanted our money back or reship, we chose reship. Guess what, we are still waiting!! We will probably write them again in 2016 to ask where are our package is. We have learned our lesson from this, just because it looks like a great deal, doesn't mean it is!
Cancel and buy it here in the US OF A... GEARBEST is NOTORIOUS with letting people wait!!
Everytime you buy from them,it's like you are a patient in the EMERGENCY ROOM WAITING TO BE ADMITTED if you know what I mean... GEAR BEST HAVE THE BEST PRICES BUT
OMG WTH WTF

VAPE ON

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See, it's posts like this that make me leery, even though my only ywo experiences with them have been great. Got my batteries in 19 days (which from China is good), and my Smowell 50w in ten days. But do they have a record of "luring you in" with prompt service and then dropping the ball? Their prices are almost too good to be true.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And they only communicate via EMAIL, a lot of times people waiting will missed it, like me!
They emailed me via GBEST customer support notifying me that the koopor silver will not be available till January 2016..
The message was sent to me
11/27/2015
And I just saw it this AM
FML

VAPE ON

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I normally refuse to order mods from outside the US, too much hassle to return them if something is wrong. I just got the Smowell because it was so CHEAP at $16.22, lucky it works so well. I guess I'll just be picky about what I get from them from here on out.

Happy_D

Member For 4 Years
I placed my first and only order with Gearbest - from their USA warehouse Nov 9.
I ordered some small accessory items and 2 box mods - an Original Smok X Cube II and a Snow Wolf 200W 1.5 Version 2.

I was extremely disappointed to receive from them an opened/used Snow Wolf - the most expensive item on the order.

There was no factory wrap on the package
There was 0 documentation in the package
The mod was covered in fingerprints out of the box
The protective peel coat had been removed and replaced at some point and was not even covering the face of the mod.

I filed a ticket with Gearbest describing the matter and asked for correction.
Their email reply advised that someone would be in touch with me shortly - "usually 24 hours or less".

After a week of seeing no additional emails from them, I logged back on to the site to see if the ticket was still active. They had posted a message at some point apologizing for replying to me so late and requesting a photo showing the problem. They also advised me to review their warranty policy.

Warranty Policy???

I sent the photo and another message requesting either a new unused replacement or a full refund.

Again, I received an auto email indicating their customer support staff would reply to me in 24 hours.

We are now going on 2 weeks and no one has replied - not thru email, not thru their ticket system, not thru social media.

They are apparently ignoring the matter. Sadly, this seems to be a popular tactic with them based on what I am reading in the reviews and complaints about them here and in social media.

This is not a warranty issue.
I ordered and paid for new merchandise in good faith that I would receive first quality new merchandise.

Gearbest sent me used product that was obviously not in new condition and is doing nothing to even address the issue.

At this point, my opinion:
Gearbest = FAIL

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Second order from their US Warehouse
Ordered 11/29
Delivered 12/03
Ordered some cheap needle bottles.
Guess I'm getting lucky with them so far.

I ordered from them now 4 times. The first order (from China) still in transit. The third came from US warehouse and got it the other day after about a week. The 2nd is still in processing after 10 days and have received no responses to emails or tickets have sent them a message through PayPal. The 4th has been processing for 2 days.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I emailed them to cancel

VAPE ON
Same shit for me today.
038913f530ce0ce229da6a26aa807c69.jpg

I'll get a smok from somewhere else

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got an email today from them saying that I need to wait more days for the Koopor plus,
I finally told them just replace my order with RX 200 BATMAN MODE. According to the website the RX is shipping. So yeah we will see, btw my Japanese cotton came real quick from them USA warehouse though...

VAPE ON

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got an email today from them saying that I need to wait more days for the Koopor plus,
I finally told them just replace my order with RX 200 BATMAN MODE. According to the website the RX is shipping. So yeah we will see, btw my Japanese cotton came real quick from them USA warehouse though...

VAPE ON
I just got a refund on my shit... Fuck em

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dear Zarya;

After promising myself to never order from GB again after the UD wire never showed up and my cc was hacked for $1200.00, I went and ordered from GB again. Yes I am stupid.
Can you check on an order for me? It's been 40 days.
Order No.:WW1511271334355343

Thank you.

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fucking Gear Best again. On Jan 4th I jump on their battery blowout special and order a four pack of 25Rs for 14.63. In Stock. Fantastic price, so I'll accept the 3 week shipping time.
10 days later they still haven't shipped, so I open a ticket. What's the deal?
Them - So sorry, the manufacturer very late in shipping them to us. No idea when they will get here. We very disappointed in the manufacturer. Not our fault.
Me - The batteries were marked as 'in stock'.
Them - So sorry, the manufacturer very late in shipping them to us. No idea when they will get here. We very disappointed in manufacturer. Not our fault.

Forget it Jake. It's Gear Best town.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They do this shit all the time, I think they are waiting for the big ass ship,to come... You wil get ur item for sure but u just have to wait 30 days...after my Koopor dilemma... I decided to stay away from GBEST, you might as well buy from fastech angelcigs,cvapor,and so many more stay away from focal ecig and cigabuy they like GEARWORST

VAPE ON

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The order I placed 3/8 when they were running a 18650 battery sale just arrived stateside, so hopefully another week or two and I'll receive it.

But that'll be my one and only time ordering from Gear"best." I stayed up late to grab a bunch of stuff from their flash sale. Filled up my cart, checked that the sale prices were displaying correctly. Completed the checkout process only to realize that at some point during checkout they had switched prices on me to full price, a $40+ upcharge! When I notified them, expecting them to simply refund the difference, they blamed it on "currency exchange rates" lol, and their suggestion was to cancel the order and give me store credit. I, of course, demanded a refund to paypal, and for good measure filed a dispute. Luckily, I got my refund next day.

Hopefully there are no issues with the batteries headed my way. I'll consider myself lucky that my encounters with GB were relatively pain free.

I wonder what happened to Zarya, if she's got payed, or fired, as she's stopped replying. Since I've done a small research, it seems like GB invests some capital into spreading wonderful experiences about GB, its capital infiltrates forums, where GB is criticised. They have various strategies for that, either to write fake positive tales that is quite simple to recognise from the way the stories are written, or to provide additional support, which is provided poorly by their basic services.
I ordered something from GB few days ago, and I started with the research too late, so I'm wondering what my case is gonna be like a year later from the discussion here.

Vapor.gearbest

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I wonder what happened to Zarya, if she's got payed, or fired, as she's stopped replying. Since I've done a small research, it seems like GB invests some capital into spreading wonderful experiences about GB, its capital infiltrates forums, where GB is criticised. They have various strategies for that, either to write fake positive tales that is quite simple to recognise from the way the stories are written, or to provide additional support, which is provided poorly by their basic services.
I ordered something from GB few days ago, and I started with the research too late, so I'm wondering what my case is gonna be like a year later from the discussion here.
Hi Jacob_Kay,
I am Zarya ,Sorry too late to re-login this forum.
I still in the GB team and supply for the different work before.
Maybe anything I could do to help all of you.
if you have any problem with your order ,you could email our customer service : [email protected]
or click here: https://www.gearbest.com/about/contact-us.html
If anyone could help you ,pls feel free to let me know, I will try my best to help you .
Thank you for your support for me and GB .
best regard,
Zarya

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I know its a 2 year old thread, but since I just ordered something from GB, as well as some other Chinese based businesses, I do have to say that I did have no issue with my order. Order arrived in 7days, even tho it was estimated as 13-15 business days. Package itself was in great condition and so are the products inside the packaging. Im not paid by GB to say that, nor do I get free items for review etc. Just stating my experience, however it seems to be hit and miss with these vendors, I am mostly trying to give my money to US vendors, I don't mind paying a little more if it doesn't get out of hand, at least in most cases you get good customer service. But again if I would order from China, I most likely would go with gear best.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I ordered a Mod from Gearbest and it arrived in 12 days.
I ordered a mod case and after two months I complained it still hadn't arrived. They sent out another. Two weeks later I got the first one. 2 months later the second one arrived.
I ordered an Aromamizer Supreme V2 and it arrived in 11 days.
Don't order cheap shit from GB. They're slower than Ebay.
For more expensive items they appear to be pretty good though.
My mod died after about 7 months. Well it didn't really die. The threads became stripped and it wouldn't hold a tank. After about 5 months I noticed they still had this mod listed. I wrote a review saying that the 510 connector is crap. This was a year after I got the mod. Support contacted me and offered me 600 points ($6) on my $20 mod. That was really unexpected and great customer service. I would definitely use these guys again.
I used the $6 credit toward the Aromamizer. I bought it on a sale weekend. I got 15% off the already lowest price I could find and then used my 600 points. I got the tank for something like $20 and it arrived in under 2 weeks.
I tried to compound a credit code & a discount code at Vaporl and they wouldn't allow it. They suck and their inventory is seconds, I think.

Last edited:

FoggyRoad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So heres another pitch for a seemingly unreliable company. http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2015/09/oh-snap-eleaf-istick-60-watt-tc-box-mod.html

If any of you are brave enough to take a chance, please let us know how it goes. I would buy one at that price, but not from those scumbags.

I know this is an old post I'm replying to but just in case you really would like a REAL DEAL on an istick 60w here's where I bought mine back in July. Very happy to have it in my stash pile!

https://www.efun.top/eleaf-istick-60w-tc-box-mod-battery.html

Only silver available but that refers to main body color. The battery covers are black.

VU Sponsors