Become a Patron!

Geek Vape Dual Zeus quick design correction with the Creed?

HighDesertVaper

Member For 1 Year
Anyone notice how quickly Geek Vape followed the Dual Zeus with the Creed? I think it was to fix a design problem. Specifically, I love the dual, but it's a pain to work around the airflow directors on the deck. The "wings" are too large and makes it almost to wick without having the cotton touch the outer edge of the air guards and inevitably heat up and burn against them at higher wattages, like above 60 watts. Thinking about taking a dremel and rounding down the outer edges so the cotton doesn't heat up on these edges. This problem was solved by the new deck of the Creed, which is almost identical except for the selection of airflows. NO AIRFLOW Guards on the Creed. Can one replace the deck of the Dual with the Creeds? Although it is an incredibly competitive time in RTA land, it just seemed that the Creed almost immediately came out after the Aegis Legend was released with the Dual Aegis option. Anyone else have this happen? You get 2 nice kanthal coils carefully trim and work around the airguards. Then after a day of vaping you are getting a slightly burnt taste and open her up to find the cotton touching the end of the guards and browning? Just curious. About to grind the ends down. I'll try to include photo's later in this thread.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Anyone notice how quickly Geek Vape followed the Dual Zeus with the Creed? I think it was to fix a design problem. Specifically, I love the dual, but it's a pain to work around the airflow directors on the deck. The "wings" are too large and makes it almost to wick without having the cotton touch the outer edge of the air guards and inevitably heat up and burn against them at higher wattages, like above 60 watts. Thinking about taking a dremel and rounding down the outer edges so the cotton doesn't heat up on these edges. This problem was solved by the new deck of the Creed, which is almost identical except for the selection of airflows. NO AIRFLOW Guards on the Creed. Can one replace the deck of the Dual with the Creeds? Although it is an incredibly competitive time in RTA land, it just seemed that the Creed almost immediately came out after the Aegis Legend was released with the Dual Aegis option. Anyone else have this happen? You get 2 nice kanthal coils carefully trim and work around the airguards. Then after a day of vaping you are getting a slightly burnt taste and open her up to find the cotton touching the end of the guards and browning? Just curious. About to grind the ends down. I'll try to include photo's later in this thread.

I've had 2 Zeus Duals (still have 1 atm), and have never had that issue you speak of. I've used KA1, N80, and SS316L. No issues if built and wicked properly. I rewick my wife's Zeus Dual once a week. It currently has Nichrome 80 Aliens in it. I wick with Cotton Bacon Prime. If you're experiencing this problem, you're probably wicking it incorrectly. Or your coils are too close to the air directors. As pictured, you can see my placement of the coils on a large build set, and those air directors don't get hot enough to burn cotton. Just an experienced observation.
0451b62c9ad9980a50ddade812eef59a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HighDesertVaper

Member For 1 Year
I've had 2 Zeus Duals (still have 1 atm), and have never had that issue you speak of. I've used KA1, N80, and SS316L. No issues if built and wicked properly. I rewick my wife's Zeus Dual once a week. It currently has Nichrome 80 Aliens in it. I wick with Cotton Bacon Prime. If you're experiencing this problem, you're probably wicking it incorrectly. Or your coils are too close to the air directors. As pictured, you can see my placement of the coils on a large build set, and those air directors don't get hot enough to burn cotton. Just an experienced observation.
0451b62c9ad9980a50ddade812eef59a.jpg

Nice coils. I know that your correct, but don't you find it kinda cramped in there? I love the coil and solved the issue basically with your same method. I just thought the complete removal of those wide ducts in the Creed was the logical solution. But changing the cotton would be the next step. I'll find a shot of what I mean.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don't find it cramped at all for a dual coil RTA. Thank you for the compliment on the coils!

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I build and sell those coils, and she runs N80 in Wattage mode. Here's some hybrid Aliens I built for it awhile back.
cd03c1d52bfb7b067ce705faaab6ed98.jpg
4f6b7520af273592fefec9d8421cd9e6.jpg
874dcefc689904749adacb9bb992c9c7.jpg
e898b2d456ca0c7a8306b8baf104ec49.jpg

HighDesertVaper

Member For 1 Year
So you kinda High Center them so the wicks don't get close to wings basically. Do you have a side shot of that setup. Maybe I just have my coils too low.

HighDesertVaper

Member For 1 Year
So you kinda High Center them so the wicks don't get close to wings basically. Do you have a side shot of that setup. Maybe I just have my coils too low.
Right on. You'll be hearing from me soon. That's some fine craftsmanship!

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Right on. You'll be hearing from me soon. That's some fine craftsmanship!
Thank you! I build custom to suit your vaping needs and style.

High Desert Vaper

Member For 1 Year
Now before you criticize these hand built, basic coils, I must let you know that my wife created them for me out of Kanthal wire, and they work great! This is a first attempt, but you can see what I'm talking about. I know I know. Shitty build. But, it us what it is and it's all I have until I open the store. It is an expensive endeavor to open s vape shop. But the tech saved the life of my wife and myself. We have a lot to talk about my friend!

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Now before you criticize these hand built, basic coils, I must let you know that my wife created them for me out of Kanthal wire, and they work great! This is a first attempt, but you can see what I'm talking about. I know I know. Shitty build. But, it us what it is and it's all I have until I open the store. It is an expensive endeavor to open s vape shop. But the tech saved the life of my wife and myself. We have a lot to talk about my friend!
Where are you opening a new shop?

VU Sponsors