Features
4.5 / 5

Performance
4 / 5

Value
5 / 5

Unboxing & Contents
20190725_183843-811x1024.jpg

Geekvape offers two options when purchasing the AEGIS Legend Mod. The mod can be purchased alone or as part of the Geekvape AEGIS Legend Kit. I decided to purchase the starter kit since I wanted to see how the included coils and tank performed. The entire contents of the box included:

• 1 x AEGIS Legend Mod
  • 1 x AERO Mesh Tank (5ml bubble glass tube and 0.2ohm mesh coil pre-installed)
  • 1 x Extra 4ml Straight Glass Tube
  • 1 x 0.15ohm Coil Head
  • 1 x User Manual
  • 1 x USB Cable
  • Spare Parts
20190725_184434-e1564095743327-1024x909.jpg

When I first opened the box, I was floored by how great the mod itself looked. The silicone and aluminum casing with the leather accent look so sleek and eye-catching, that I felt like I had purchased a top-end $150-200 device, rather than the $93 for this FULL starter kit.

The AERO Mesh tank included with the kit come pre-assembled with a 0.2ohm mesh coil, which is nice for someone who wants to get up and running quickly.

It also comes with an alternate straight tank, if you prefer that look over the bubble design, and a 0.15ohm mesh coil as a backup or alternative to the pre-installed coil.

Besides that, the kit includes a USB cable for firmware updates and charging, as well as some spare parts.

Note: batteries are not included, so make sure you pick up 2x 18650 cells.

Build Quality

Mod Design
As I said, this mod has an absolutely stunning look, especially for the price range. The body consists of LSR silicone, die-cast aluminum and zinc, stainless and carbon steel, and leather accents.

Nothing looks like it’s been slapped on without thought, and the design is very appealing to the eye. There are several choices of color too, so everyone should be able to find something that fits their style. I personally went with a basic red/black scheme, but no matter which you choose, they all look great.

20190725_195148-e1564099197826-853x1024.jpg

The silicone is a little bit of a dust magnet, but this is a fantastic looking mod.
Besides being beautiful, the way this mod feels great in your hand. The leather accent is soft, and the stitching on it doesn’t feel like it’s in the way. The silicone prevents the angles from feeling like they’re cutting into your hand during extended use.

While it’s a bit on the bulky side, it never feels too heavy or awkward. As someone with smaller hands, I was initially concerned that it would be a chore to carry around, but it is nothing of the sort. I have no problem using this mod, even on heavy use days when I have it with me constantly. It such a comfortable grip and weight that eventually it just becomes second nature, without intruding or feeling like it gets in the way.

20190725_195104-e1564099054241-768x1024.jpg

20190725_195213-e1564099241158-768x1024.jpg

Durability
As if being pretty weren’t enough, the Aegis Legend can withstand extreme abuse and keep on going. It is rated as IP67 waterproof (and dustproof) and able to withstand up to 30 minutes under water at 1 meter deep. Thanks to the silicone, it is also shock resistant for falls up to 1 meter, though I would suggest not testing this with batteries in, as it can potentially damage them.

Thanks to me being an absolute clutz with no sense of coordination whatsoever, I can verify that dropping the Aegis Legend isn’t a problem. On at least three occasions, I’ve knocked it off the table or dropped it when getting out of my car, and there hasn’t been so much as a scratch or a change in function. Even concrete hasn’t caused it permanent damage so far. The display has survived my “expert care” too, no cracks or scratches to be seen.

Several other reviewers have risked submerging it to verify that it is waterproof with good results, though the worst I’ve put it through is being outside in the rain. In any case, it appears to hold up to moisture as advertised.

Included Tank
20190725_195120-e1564099131857-856x1024.jpg

I was pleased by the AERO Mesh tank that was included as well. It looked and felt very solid. The whole assembly was tight and doesn’t seem to be prone to leaks. The drip tip material was pleasant to use and well constructed too.

Overall, I love the way this mod looks and feels. It truly feels like a premium product for a mid-range price. My only complaint is that the battery cover is a little difficult to latch sometimes, but once it’s closed it’s secure.

Features & Use
Just because the AEGIS Legend mod is affordable, that doesn’t mean it’s missing features. With its AS chipset, it supports several vaping modes, including VW, VPC, TC, Bypass Mode, and TCR.

Switching modes is straightforward. Pressing the fire button 3 times will active the mode selection screen. Using the +/- buttons will scroll through the modes, and holding the fire button will select one.

I typically stick with variable wattage (power) mode as it’s easy to set and forget. I’ve found that the Aegis Legend handles it excellently. You can adjust it up to 200W, so there’s a lot of room for experimenting to find the power that’s perfect for you (I personally set it at 55W). The ramp up time is quick, and it consistently delivers on each hit.

Temperature Control mode also seems to be very accurate. I had no trouble getting it to consistently hit the correct temperature when using TC mode.

Bypass mode is incredibly powerful, and to be honest, it was a little too much for me. That’s not to say that an experienced user couldn’t handle it, but I can’t say to have much use for it, though it is very nice to have that option in the future.

The display was very clear and easy to read, even on brighter days. I will say that the color choices available were a little bland, but that’s just me being nitpicky.

The battery indicators seemed to accurately track the levels on screen. I am typically a light user throughout the day, and I could get as many as 2-3 days out of a full charge, which was great! Heavier use did seem to drain them as quickly as one day though.

When switching out coils, the AEGIS Legend was able to accurately detect the resistance and adjust accordingly. I tried the extra coil included in the kit, as well as a few other spares I had laying around, and it had no problems recognizing what was put in the tank.

Speaking of the tank, I was pretty happy with the performance of the AERO Mesh that was included. I’m a big fan of sub ohm tanks since they are so easy to use, and this one is one of the better I’ve used.

The flavor from the tank and coils was great. Each hit that I took had a full flavor without being too acrid or bitter. From each of the included coils, I was able to go as long as 2 weeks of use before changing, though for heavier users, it’s more reasonable to expect a week or so.

Changing the coils was very easy with this tank. It comes apart without much fuss and can be put back together just as easily.

The one thing that did cause some problems was how tightly the cover fits. It’s very easy to tighten it too much after refilling, which can make it difficult to remove it again the next time you need to remove it. If you aren’t careful, you can twist the whole tank apart causing it to leak. I would advise being careful when you put the cover back on after a refill to avoid that situation.

Safety Features
Seeing as how vape mods are high-powered devices that you carry around on your person, I’m very interested in the safety features that are provided. I’d really prefer to avoid one catching fire or exploding on me.

Geekvape seems to take safety seriously, and they’ve implemented several warnings and overrides to protect you and help you get the most out of your device.

If you’re someone who carries your mod around in a pocket, there is a 10 second output shutoff that will prevent overlong pocket fires.

There’s also an overheat warning that will let you know if the mod is too hot to use.

Several other warnings will let you know if there are any issues with the coils or batteries, which make it very easy to diagnose any problems you might be having.

With some quick testing on my part, I was able to activate several of the warnings (like “No Coil”) and overrides (like the 10 second shutoff) easily. It’s very reassuring to have those preventions in place.

Summary
It’s very, very hard to oversell how great the Geekvape AEGIS Legend and kit really are.

The design and construction is so beautiful that you’ll want to carry it with you just for the looks. I seriously can’t get over how premium this product looks and feels. The performance and features are what you would expect out of a high-end device, but priced much more reasonably.

For a new or casual user, I would especially recommend the Geekvape AEGIS Legend. It’s very easy to use without sacrificing quality. It is a great everyday mod that works diligently in the background without you even realizing it. Maintenance is a breeze as well, so you won’t have a lot of downtime or trouble out of it.

Veterans should find this to be a great backup or alternate mod too, since it has such a full feature set. The VPR, Bypass, and TCR modes offer a lot of different ways to get the most out of this mod.

The tank and coils included in the starter kit don’t disappoint either. Normally, I’d be hesitant to recommend sticking with the tank and coil included in a starter, but these are so solid that it’s very hard to argue against keeping them.

Overall, the Geekvape AEGIS Legend is such a great value for the price that it’s hard to pass up on. It’s so robust and versatile that I’ll definitely be recommending it to everyone looking to make a new purchase.

Specifications

Aegis Legend MOD
  • Size: 90.5 x 58 x 30.6mm
  • MAX power output: 200W
  • Output mode: VW/VPC/TC/TCR/BYPASS/VPC
  • Resistance range: 0.05-3.0ohm
  • Material: Aluminum + Zinc alloy + silicone
  • Battery: 2x 18650 cells (not included)
  • Temperature Range: 100-315℃/200-600℉
  • Level: IP67 waterproof and dustproof; MIL STD 810G-516.6 military grade shockproof
Aero Mesh Tank
  • Size: 25 x 45mm (w/o thread)
  • Capacity: 4ml
  • Coil Type: Mesh Coil 0.2ohm (30-90W); IM4 0.15ohm (60-80W)
  • Thread: 510 thread

VU Sponsors