Become a Patron!

Geekvape Aegis Legend.... thoughts?

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
e2b38a2e28a3b7af62b17decee84aaca.jpg

I was checking out some of the usual vendor sites today and saw the Aegis Legend on many. This one really excites me. I really wanted an Aegis but the 26650 was a huge turn off for me. This time around they went with dual 18650s.

6fb4fe4ceec2d632e8ff9fef06bf0997.jpg

I think this one is going to be a huge hit! The Aegis was successful for its durability, chip, and styling and the Legend seems to have all of those things plus a colored display and dual batteries that most are used to.

https://www.geekvape.com/project/aegis-legend-kit/

aa0dabe479a168d56e32a9659fc04747.jpg

96907dc42e91d0b82f2c19a03163000a.jpg

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GeekVape-Aegis-Legend-MOD.html

Price is close to what the original Aegis sells for as well.

What are your thoughts? Hoping I get one to review so I can give a real opinion on it instead of me just gushing about it!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got to fondle one at the NYC Vapevent. As solid as the original, but about the same bulk as, say, a Drag (but able to hold a 25mm without overhang). It is definitely on my list.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just was stuck in my ways of 18650s. I have never used one...but never wanted to have to expand my battery stash just for one mod... ya know? I have a couple of mods now that use 20700s or 21700s... I can't stand it lol. I like my married sets of 18650s

karacal

Member For 4 Years
I love the fact that I can use 18650/26650/20700/21700 with my Aegis'(2)
I will probably pick up the Legend but 2 18650's are going to weigh about the same as 1 26650.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a good looking mod. Do they make a squonk like that?

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol.... I wouldn't probably be interested if I got an Aegis..... but since I held off.... makes me interested

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the aegis I have been waiting for.
Me too....me too. I always felt the original was one of the coolest looking mods... but now....bam... awesome

I am hoping for an Aegis squonk.... similar styling but get a bottle in there somehow lol

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Me too....me too. I always felt the original was one of the coolest looking mods... but now....bam... awesome

I am hoping for an Aegis squonk.... similar styling but get a bottle in there somehow lol

Not only good looking but feels great in hand as well. I really like the switch and menu. Only thing that kept me from getting one was the single batttery and 100 watt limit.

A squonk version would be awesome if they could keep a small form factor.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not only good looking but feels great in hand as well. I really like the switch and menu. Only thing that kept me from getting one was the single batttery and 100 watt limit.

A squonk version would be awesome if they could keep a small form factor.
I've been through a couple of the originals. I hated it for a while because of the 100 watt limit and my lack of good 26650s. Then I discovered the ijoy 26650 and bypass mode. When it's in bypass mode it is unregulated so you can run a super sub ohm build and get way more than 100w.

This new one looks pretty sweet though. I'll have to get one when the Aegis I have now shits the bed.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been through a couple of the originals. I hated it for a while because of the 100 watt limit and my lack of good 26650s. Then I discovered the ijoy 26650 and bypass mode. When it's in bypass mode it is unregulated so you can run a super sub ohm build and get way more than 100w.

This new one looks pretty sweet though. I'll have to get one when the Aegis I have now shits the bed.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Interesting, I assumed that the 100w limit still applied to even bypass mode.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interesting, I assumed that the 100w limit still applied to even bypass mode.
It will say 100w on the menu, but you bypass the buck-boost converter I believe. I'm certain that it gives more than 100w though. That's assuming you aren't using a shit cell, which most 26650's are.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice looking mod. Would still prefer the first Aegis. I like 26650 mods for my single coil setups.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I believe Hohm Grown has changed the cell under their wrap and they are a good performer now too. I don't think Mooch has updated the ratings table to reflect this though.

jamesvapemaster

Member For 1 Year
I've got an og drag, and a Legend and have had the drag 2 and dotmod and several others and the drag and the legend are the best two for the price I've used. The drag fires up in .25 seconds and the legend claims .15 but the drag seems smoother like the full power is more consistent. My drag has been swimming in mud for several minutes with fully charged vtc6 batteries and is still perfect. As far as comfort goes I have massive hands (10" Thumb to pinkey) and I like the feel of the drag more but both are nice. The drag feels better built but that's mostly because it's all metal and has magnetic battery door on the DRAG labeled side. I wouldn't be able to pick one over the other because the geekvape does have more features (vpc primarily) the wattage isn't a factor because two 18650 batteries can't really sustain over 160 watts for any acceptable amount of time. Honestly it's all down to user preferences. I got my drag for the same price I paid for my legend and would buy both again.

VU Sponsors