Become a Patron!

Geekvape aegis mini review

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I received Aegis mini from Geekvape for the purpose of this review.

Aegis mini comes in nice color combinations:

- Stealth black
- Black & red
- Camo & gunmetal
- Korea
- France
- Xmas red & black
- Black & blue
- Black & green
- Germany
- Us
- Philippines
- Uk
- Canada
- X'mas red & gold
- Vapor
- Indonesia

oLk3VMb.jpg

Specification:

- Height: 78mm
- Power output: 5-80W
- Resistance range: 0.05-3.0ohm
- Output Mode: Power/TC(Ni,Ti,SS)/TCR/VPC/BYPASS
- Material: Alloy + SIL silicone + leather
- Battery: Built-in 2200mAh
- Temperature Range: 100-315?/200-600?
- Level: IP67 waterproof and dustproof
- Thread: 510 thread

In the box:

- Aegis mod
- Usb cable
- User manual

IIggSgZ.jpg

Aegis mini is the new mod that comes from Geekvape, compared to it's predecessor, the Aegis Mini has built in battery, but this one is still waterproof, dustproof and shockproof mod, this mod stands out because of that. This mod comes in 17 different colors which will be a huge plus. Considering why this mod stands out, build quality is very good and there is nothing that bothers me with build quality, this mod is made out of good materials and you don't have to be scared that you will break the mod if you drop it because it will most likely survive. Also because this mod is waterproof basically you are okay if mod gets wet. Mod is very compact and still the design of the mod is very good in my opinion and it feels very good in the hand, weight of the mod is only 78g. This mod works up to 80w and you can use 0.05-3ohm resistance here.

prAr8Fy.jpg

Kzgfl7Q.jpg

From the top of the mod you can see stainless steel connection that is screwed from the top and it looks very good, I also like this because mod will not be scratched from atomizers. Threads on the connection are good and here we have gold plated spring loaded 510 pin. You can use here atomizers up to 27mm in diameter without overhang which is very big plus considering the size of the mod.
On the one side of the mod you can see engraved "Geekvape", from the other side of the mod you can see engraved "Aegis". From the back side of the mod you can see the leather with nice green stitches. Around the leather you can see the frame and frame stands nice in the place, 4 screws holds the frame in the place, you can see two screws from each side. Color quality on the frame is very good, after daily using there is no any scratches on the frame.
From the bottom of the mod you can see some venting holes but still holes are protected from water, but in case that battery vents it will break the protection. Also from the bottom you can see the usb port that you will use to charge the battery and you will use this port for software upgrade. Here we have one plug that protects the usb port from water and dust, this plug has one screw that holds it and I think that plug is pretty much durable, so far it looks like new.
This device has built in battery with 2200mah capacity which is not bad considering the size of the mod, but still if you use only this device and you like to vape a lot you will need to charge it at least once. You can charge the battery with 2A charger which is good because for 30 mins of charging battery will be at 80% capacity.
From the front side you can see the fire button, the screen and you can see plus and minus buttons. The fire button is protruding and it is comfortable for using, also all the buttons are very clicky and there is no any rattling when you shake the mod. The screen is the same as on the aegis legend but here we don't have the color screen, still screen is very nice and bright and you can see everything very clean on the screen and you can adjust the brightness of the screen which is very good.

MEPaprb.jpg

P7eayfL.jpg

To turn on the mod you need to click 5 times on the fire button, to turn off the mod you need to do the same. You can aslo lock plus and minus buttons and to do that you need to hold plus and minus buttons in the same time, same when you want to unlock the device, so, when you lock the buttons you still can vape but you can't use plus and minus buttons.
As I said you can change the brightness of the screen, so to decrease the brightness of the screen you need to hold minus button and fire button and to increase the brightness of the screen you need to hold plus button and fire
button.
This mod has few working modes:

- Power
- Tc-Ni
- Tc-ss
- Tc-ti
- Tc-tcr
- Vpc
- Bypass

When you want to change the working mode you need to click 3 times on the fire button and then you can use plus or minus button to change the working mode, once when you choose the mode you can just hold the fire button or you can wait few seconds.

In the power mode on the screen you will see:

- Power
- Battery indicator
- Coil
- Amp
- Volt
- Puff

Some protections:

- Short circuit protection
- 10s cut off protection
- Over heat protection
- Over current protection
- Over charging and discharging protection
- Anti dry protection (Tc mode only)

How this mod works and my thoughts:

Aegis mini is very compact device and if you like to use small mods probably you will like this one, also for someone that wants durable mod aegis mini is very good choice because it is waterproof dustproof and shockproof. This is very durable and well built mod but in the same time it looks very nice in my opinion. Considering the design of the mod, it is very comfortable for using, it feels nice in the hand. Buid quality is very good and buttons works good, the fire button works very good and there is no any miss fires. As chip works well as I expected, I tryed this mod at higher and lower powers and it works as it should, personaly I like to use it with higher resistance because of the size of the mod and because of the battery and it gets job done. I would like that battery has more capacity but still you can charge this mod very fast so it is not a con in my opinion. You can use atomizers up to 27mm in diameter which is another plus here. So, in my opinion aegis mini is very good mod, it has very nice features and if you like small, durable and nice mods I can suggest you this one.

Cons:

- There is a little gap between mod and some atomizers

Pros:

- Build quality
- Color options
- Good color quality
- Compact mod
- The fire button and plus and minus buttons works very good
- Big screen and you can see everything very nice on the screen
- You can use atomizers up to 27mm
- Waterproof
- Shockproof