Lmao, just got mine in too, so far, soooo good

e0067ef1184a5406d2fdb6fedeeeffde.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thing is sexy and feels solid as fuck

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yep, already showed a couple of friends, they hate me even more now....lol.

I wasn't sure about the rubber accents but in the hand it just feels great. The leather is really nice too, they could teach lost vape a thing or two

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yep, already showed a couple of friends, they hate me even more now....lol.

I wasn't sure about the rubber accents but in the hand it just feels great. The leather is really nice too, they could teach lost vape a thing or two

Yeah the leather is the best leather I've felt om a mod.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dadshoes

ECF Refugee
Lmao, just got mine in too, so far, soooo good

e0067ef1184a5406d2fdb6fedeeeffde.jpg

Who is shipping them already? I've been ready to get one since I saw the teardown vid the other day...this is exactly what I've been looking for in a mod.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, yes, it's very pretty. :p
How's the TC??

With my Aromamizer Plus using SS316L Aliens at a low 0.09ohms the TC worked well, tried another tank and not as well but new tank to me and after trying it on my G2 it didn't fare well there either. Going to try some other tanks soon and play around with the TCR as well.

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm almost convinced... My only thing is I "feel" like I need more than 100 watts.

Ehh what the heck. I'm sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a quick update on the TC, the preset SS setting only worked well with 1 tank, it is an Aromamizer Plus with dual SS316L Aliens. The other 3 tanks with SS316L prebuilt coils I had to use the TCR setting anywhere from 115 to 125 to equal what I was getting with my DNA, yihi or hohmtech mods.

I am going to try a simple dual SS316L 26g dual build tomorrow in an rda to see what results I get.

Overall I am still enjoying the mod though, just not giving me consistent results with TC so far.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like it arrived at a few US dealers today, I have one on the way now (stealth black). Pics and impressions to follow.
Interested in seeing the pics of the stealth black as I just ordered one in that color. Dual 18650 or dual 20700 would of been a without hesitation purchase, but I figured wth.

dadshoes

ECF Refugee
Is it permissible to share a link to the site I ordered it from? It's a US dealer, and they have the version WITH the battery for $59. They're also running a 15% discount on all GeekVape gear right now (with code)...that just started today though so I missed out.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Is it permissible to share a link to the site I ordered it from? It's a US dealer, and they have the version WITH the battery for $59. They're also running a 15% discount on all GeekVape gear right now (with code)...that just started today though so I missed out.
Please do. Also, I saw some place with the adapter for a 20700 battery! I can't remember where though =/

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Didn't hold up as well for Jai Haze as it did for other reviewers. I am concerned a bit about the damage to the batt in his video before it broke.
Everyone is taking the fun out if my review cause I'm not rushing it. So I decided I'm gonna drag my behind my car lol haven't seen that done yet

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dadshoes

ECF Refugee
Please do. Also, I saw some place with the adapter for a 20700 battery! I can't remember where though =/

https://www.myvpro.com/pre-order-100w-geekvape-aegis-tc-box-mod-with-26650-battery/

It looks like all they have in stock right now are the yellow one and the gunmetal (with camo leather). When I ordered on Friday all they had were the black ones.

The code for the 15% discount on GeekVape gear is just GEEKVAPE. Also, when you first visit the site you should get a popup offering 10% off your fist order if you join the mailing list. I don't know if you can stack that with the code but it's worth a try.

I'd never heard of that site before I started shopping for the Aegis, but I noticed they were one of the few US sites listed as an official dealer on GeekVape's site so I checked them out and saw they had it cheaper than everyone else.

After a few hours of use I'm happy with it so far. It feels absolutely great in my hand and seems to work fine. I'm using one of my HG 18650's in it right now and in the morning I'll start off with a fresh charge on the Golisi 26650 to see how much of the day that gets me through.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've taken it in pools for hours and it still works perfectly. hell a few weeks ago i spent like 2 hours in the water with it. Even taken it to water parks. You can't go deep sea diving with it but it withstands hours in pools and waterparks. even in hot tubs
SM-G935F here. (Unbranded S7 w/ actual Samsung Exynos processor)

I cal tell ya if ya drop it in the toilet, the glass might crack... :gaah:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On a side note, I just got a new wristwatch. It's shockproof.
That means if I drop it on concrete it won't get scratched! Woohoo! ;)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone is taking the fun out if my review cause I'm not rushing it. So I decided I'm gonna drag my behind my car lol haven't seen that done yet

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Haha I am sure you will think of something.

I got shipping notice from efun for the black one I ordered. I wish I would of ordered the one with the batt, but I didn't learn what Mooch rated the included battery at before purchase.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For those who have gotten their aegis, what's the fine print on the box in terms of warranty? Noticed a social media post by GV talking about 'make sure to read the warranty on the box for details' but made no effort to post it for anyone to read. A bit of a red flag there. Also comical was a photo of an aegis sitting in a glass filled with water then telling people 'but don't put your aegis in a glass full of water'. I bet they're kicking themselves for not getting the shamwow guy to enhance ads like that lol.

Obviously advertising is meant to put products in good light, but seriously - why shy away from actual useful info sharing like the fine print and post 300 pics of shit they expressly tell you NOT to do with their mod. It's either shock/water resistant or it's not. What are they scared of if it does what they claim it does.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the box it just says: Attention: Although this device is designed to be shockproof, please DO NOT damage it on purpose. That's about it and the manual doesn't really add to that. I have a pre production sample unit though, maybe the production units have more info.

I did soak it in water for 10 minutes in my review with a battery in it and on, even hit the fire button while still in the water: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/geekvape-aegis-mod-review-by-mjag.347661/

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
For those who have gotten their aegis, what's the fine print on the box in terms of warranty? Noticed a social media post by GV talking about 'make sure to read the warranty on the box for details' but made no effort to post it for anyone to read. A bit of a red flag there. Also comical was a photo of an aegis sitting in a glass filled with water then telling people 'but don't put your aegis in a glass full of water'. I bet they're kicking themselves for not getting the shamwow guy to enhance ads like that lol.

Obviously advertising is meant to put products in good light, but seriously - why shy away from actual useful info sharing like the fine print and post 300 pics of shit they expressly tell you NOT to do with their mod. It's either shock/water resistant or it's not. What are they scared of if it does what they claim it does.

Just because your Lambo CAN do 200mph, you shouldn't drive it 200mph everywhere you go, especially not on surface streets, in school zones.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm sure they didn't make it so that people could do stupid shit with their mods. They did it so when stupid shit happens it has a chance to survive.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Great test data, thank you. Have you been able to determine the efficiency of the board? The behavior it gives me with an LG 18650 when it gets down to around 3.6v makes me wonder if it's better than 85%.
No, i don't have any reliable way to test efficiency.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Aegis has arrived, and it's the VT75 all over again... I should have known it would be, but I was hoping it was more like the HT Slice regarding battery performance. As long as your running it under 50W you will get decent life out of a 26650. I grabbed one thinking it would be a mod with solid performance, a decent TC and large 510 footprint for the Plus.

I put the Plus on it that has dual 3.5mm SS316L fused clapton's (28g*3/34g), I usually run that build at 85W. I wasn't expecting dual battery performance by any means, but within 10 minutes the power output on the TC was only pushing 55W with an 85W setting. Suspecting the TC was a little wonky I switched it over to power mode, nope 55W is all you are going to get out of the current battery level... :(

So here I am again having to build around a mod instead of whats best for the atty's chamber size and airflow. There isn't a 50W build I could put in the Plus that would be satisfactory to me, so for now I've been running the Aromamizer X on it at 55W.
aegis-jpg.687605

Upgrading the firmware to the latest version was interesting, they don't include a Torx screwdriver to get the plate off or a USB cable. The USB port is quite recessed and I had to finally cut down the sides on one of my cables so it would fit. The rubber coating is a serious lint magnet. Depending on which 26650 battery you use, the battery door will not screw in flush. The Brillipower fits better than the Hohm Grown, I didn't try the iJoy or the Aspire. In the end for me it's basically a VT75 with a wrap and a different board.

My fire button sticks if you press it dead center, so I might eventually peel the plastic face plate off and fix it if it gets worse. I informed Geek Vape about it last night in a message and they replied "Sorry we try do better". :giggle:

This Aegis was $35 from eFun.top so I won't be sending it back anytime soon. ;)

VU Sponsors