Become a Patron!

Geekvape aegis x kit review

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I received aegis x from Geek vape for the purpose of this review.

Aegis legend colors:

- Stealth black
- Gunmetal & Camo
- Classic silver
- Gold and black
- Green and black
- Rainbow and black
- Red and black
- Signature orange

cjghbe4.jpg

Specification and features:

Parameters

Aegis X MOD

- Kit Size: 90 x 56.1 x 31.3mm
- Battery: 2x 18650 Cell (not included)
- Input Voltage: 6.2V-8.4V
- Output Voltage: 0.1-12V
- Output Wattage: 5-200W
- Resistance Range: 0.05O-3O
- Display: 2.4 inch OLED screen
- Charger: USB 5V 2A
- Output mode: Power/VPC/TC/TCR/Bypass
- Temperature range: 100?~315? / 200?~600?
- Thread: 510

Cerberus Subohm Tank

- Size: 27 x 46.8mm
- Capacity: 5.5ml/2ml
- Thread: 510 thread

- More powerful and excellent TC Kit from classic Aegis family
- 200W max power by dual 18650 batteries
- Upgraded AS 2.0 chipset for fast and accurate operation
- 2.4 Inch OLED screen for vivid display
- High performance Power/VPC/TC/TCR/Bypass modes
- Waterproof/Dustproof/Shockproof Design
- Awesome super mesh X1 0.2ohm coil

In the box:

- Geekvape Aegis X MOD
- Cerberus Sub-ohm Tank 5.5ml(Pre-installed: Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm, bubble glass 5.5ml)
- Extra Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm
- Spare Regular Glass Tube 4ml
- USB Cable
- Spare Parts Pack
- User Manual

KiwQ5O4.jpg

I received Cerberus in black color and atomizer was very clean and without any smells, I always like to see clean atomizer. Build quality is very good as expected, threads are nice and clean. Color quality is good as well, so far everything is good.
Height of this tank is 46.8mm, diameter is 25mm and with bubble glass tank it is 27mm in diameter. You can see really nice details on the top cap and on the airflow control ring and engraved details helps when you want to fill the tank or to adjust airflow. On the top cap you can also see "Cerberus" and from the bottom of the tank you can see "Designed by Geekvape".

snxY4Nk.jpg

On the top of cerberus you can see 810 drip tip without o ring, but there is o ring in the top cap and that ring holds drip tip nice in the place. You can also use here other 810 drip tips without o ring, most of my drip tips looks good here.
Drip tip that comes with cerberus is very short, I like short drip tips and this one is very comfortable for me.
This is top fill tank and you can fill this tank very easy in few seconds. All you need to do to fill this tank is a half a turn on the top cap and that's it, you will see filling holes. On the top cap you can see two notches that looks the top cap, very good top fill system.

eNvaQdp.jpg

Cerberus comes with bubble tank pre installed, but in the package you will receive one extra regular glass tank. I like to use atomizers with bubble tank, it looks better in my opinion, so I like to use bubble glass here as well. Diameter of bubble tank is 27mm. Regular glass tank capacity is 4ml, but with bubble glass tank capacity is 5.5ml.
You can also see here o ring that holds the glass tank in place very good.

In the package you will receive 2 coils, one coil is pre installed and other one is spare coil. Both coils are same, mesh x1 coils, with 0.2ohm resistance. You can use this coil from 30-90w, but you can see engraved on the coil that this coil works best from 60-80watts. Cerberus tank is compatibile with other coils as well, you can use here coils from smok tfv8 baby, smok tfv12 baby, aero tank, shield tank, procore and many more. So, I would say that this is a big plus.
I like to mention that always when you use the coil for the first time you need to prime it with few drops of e liquid, because after that you only need to fill the tank and you can vape right away without any problems.
You can see on this coil 4 wicking holes, wicking is very good with my e liquid, I use 70-30 vg pg, when I chain vape everything is good as well.

On the base you can see the airflow control ring and on the ring you can see two big airflow holes. We have stopper here which is always good. What you adjust on one side it will be same on the another side. You can very easy adjust airflow, the ring has nice tension on it and details on the airflow ring helps a lot. Airflow is smooth and this tank has a lot of air.

m5KrVzO.jpg

4SEcgdQ.jpg

How this atomizer works and my thoughts:

Build quality of this atomizer is very good, very nice machining, color is also good. Drip tip from the package is very comfortable for me for using but it would be nice that they included one more drip tip. You can fill the tank very easy and without any problems, there is no leaking when you will the tank which is good. With this atomizer you will receive the bubble glass tank, this tank has 5.5 ml capacity and capacity is great for this atomizer. I really like red o rings because with blue o rings atomizer looks perfect on the mod.
Vapor production is great and flavor is very good with mesh coils from the package, I tried different coils for this atomizer and I really like x2 coils. Also it is very nice that you can use some different coils on this atomizer. If you ask me cerberus is well built tank and with mesh coils it performs great.

Cons:

- One more drip tip would be nice

Pros:

- Build qualtiy is good
- Bubble glass tank with 5.5ml capacity
- Color is good
- I really like preinstalled drip tip
- 0.3ohm coils
- Two coils in the package
- No leaking
- Good flavor

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Aegis x is the new version from very popular aegis mod series. This model is improved and it looks better but it still has very good features as other mods from aegis series. You can buy this mod in 8 colors and you can find the one that looks best to you, I have black and red mod and I really like how it looks. Size of the device is: 90mm x 56.1mm x 31.3mm. Mod is made out of very quality materials and mod looks very well built. As previous models, this one is waterproof, shockproof and dustproof.
Aegis x is powered by two 18650 batteries and this mod works up to 200watts, also this device supports few working modes. From the back of the mod you can see the leather and around the leather you can see the frame that is screwed in with 4 screws. From the front side of the mod you can see "Geek vape" and from the side where buttons are you can see "Aegis". I really like the design of the mod, mod looks very nice in my opinion but this is subjective. Aegis x is very comfortable for using in my opinion, it feels very good in the hand.

oCUAD84.jpg

From the top off the mod you can see stainless steel connection and here we have gold plated spring loaded pin. Threads on the connection are good, I didn't have any problems with atomizers that I tried here. On this mod you can use atomizers up to 27mm in diameter without overhang which is very nice.
From the top of the mod you can see the usb port that you can use for software upgrade and for battery charging, this mod supports balance charging which is really nice. On the usb port you can see the plug that is here to protect the device from water and dust.

From the bottom of the mod you can see the battery door. The battery door looks quality and I belive that here we will have no problems. On the battery door you can see the venting holes. When you open the battery door you can see battery orientation engraved and here you can put batteries inside without any problems, also you can easily take the batteries out. When the batteries are inside the mod and when you shake the mod you can't hear any rattling which is really nice. From the inside on the battery door you can see how this device is protected.

Negla55.jpg

8SDFxWv.jpg

On the one side of the mod you can see the fire button and plus and minus buttons. Buttons protrudes and buttons are very clicky, especially the fire button. The fire button has similar shape as on the previous versions but on this device the fire button is easier to press and I really like the fire button on this device. The fire button is placed on very good position and fire button is very comfortable for using.

jALEbIS.jpg

From the front side of the mod you can see a very big screen. Size of the screen is 2.4inch and I can say that this screen looks very nice in my opinion, this is a color screen which is really good.
To turn on the device you need to click 5 times on the fire button, to turn off the device you need to do the same. When you turn on the device and if you are in power mode on the screen you can see:

- Battery indicator
- M (memory)
- Power
- Pre heat
- W
- Coil resistance
- Volt
- Amp
- Puff

You can see informations on the screen really good because the screen is big and brightness of the screen is very good.
When you click 3 times on the fire button you can set and change the working mode.
Working modes on this device:

- Power
- Vpc
- Bypass
- Ss/tcr
- Ni/tcr
- Ti/tcr
- Tcr/tcr

On this device you can change the brightness of the screen, when you press the fire button and plus button you will increase the brightness and when you press the fire button and minus button you will decrease the brghtness.
When you hold plus and minus buttons you will lock plus and minus buttons and to unlock the buttons you need to do the same.
To enter the menu you need to click 3 times on the fire button and then you need to hold plus and minus buttons together. When you enter the menu you can see:

- Auto
- Theme
- Color
- Version
- Abb
- Reset

I really like that on this device we are able to change the theme and we have 3 themes here, also I really like that we can change the color on the screen. In my opinion this is very interesting.

MivGHuJ.jpg

doBki7b.gif

Device protections:

- 10s cut off protection
- Short circuit protection
- Over charging and discharging protection
- Over heat protection
- Over current protection
- Anty dry protection (Tc mode only)

How this device works and my thoughts:

Aegis x is mod that has very nice features and because of features this mod stands out. Aegis x is waterproof, dustproof and shockproof which is really good. Build quality of the mod is great and there is nothing bad here. You can buy this mod in 8 colors which is good. Mod is very comfortable for using in my opinion, it stands really nice in the hand and you can feel the quality of the mod when you hold it. You can use here atomizers up to 27mm in diameter without overhang which is really nice.
The fire button works really good and in my opinion it is comfortable for using, also the fire button is very resposive. The battery door looks good and as I said I think that we will have no problems here. This mod supports as they said improved balance charging with protection which is really good. The screen on this device is really good and I really like the screen, also I really like that we have here 3 themes and also we can change the color on the screen. This mod has AS 2.0 chip and as they said this chip is better than previos as chip and it is more accurate. I can say that this mod works really good and I didn't have any problems with the mod.
I use this mod every day and I will continue to use this mod because it works good and because this mod is different than other mods, it has really nice features and I really like the screen, so I would definitely suggest you this mod.

Cons:

- Maybe someone would like that battery indicator is in percentage in one of the themes

Pros:

- Very good build quality
- Good color options
- Waterproof
- Dustproof
- Shockproof
- Comfortable for using
- Design of the mod is really nice
- Buttons works good
- The fire button is very comfortable
- The fire button is responsive
- Big screen