Become a Patron!

Geekvape Ammit MTL RTA

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Ammit MTL RTA from Geekvape. The Ammit MTL RTA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Carrie from Geekvape.

https://www.geekvape.com/project/ammit-mtl-rta/

Introduction

I find it hard to believe that up until now Geekvape have not before manufactured a MTL RTA but then i suppose with their sister company Digiflavor regularly releasing MTL products they can be forgiven. But at long last here we have it and with Geekvape giving it the Ammit name you just know it's going to be a serious contender. The Ammit MTL RTA has a 4ml capacity with the EU version having a silicone bung to reduce the capacity down to a compliant 2ml (In the true spirit of the TPD regulations it wouldn't be right for me to tell you the bung can easily be removed, sorry just thinking allowed). So with deck and airflow design taken from their recently released Ammit MTL RDA incorporated into a tank and with touches of the Zeus added let's see just how good the Ammit MTL RTA really is!

In the Box

Contents:

Standard Edition

1x GeekVape Ammit MTL RTA(4ml)
1x Allen Key
1x Spare Glass Tube
1x Coil(1.0ohm)
1x Drip tip
1x User Manual
1x Spare parts polybag

TPD Edition

1x GeekVape Ammit MTL RTA(2ml)(4ml glass with capacity reducing bung)
1x Allen Key
1x Spare Glass Tube
1x Coil(1.0ohm)
1x Drip tip
1x User Manual
1x Spare parts polybag

Aesthetics

The Ammit MTL RTA comes in the usual Geekvape plastic casing co you can see the RTA before opening. I received the Rainbow version, it's also available in Stainless Steel, Blue, Gunmetal and Black. As soon as i got the RTA out of the packaging the build quality, weight and finish stands out, this must be the best quality made tank i personally have used, all threading, machining and tolerances just couldn't be better you don't have to add a zero to be high end. The top and bottom sections have vertical texturing identical to what you get on the Zeus, the very top steps and slopes to both meet the 2 section MTL style delrin drip tip and also to suit the drip tips MTL shape (flows elegantly). The airflow control ring is cyclops one side with a series of different sized holes underneath and the opposite side has a single hole that can be turned all the way around to just have one single hole of whatever size suits (so a stopper just one way). Through the glass you can see the usual "AMMIT" word etched through the finish to appear Silver (I would love to know what font is used on the Ammit Atty's). The base has more Silver etching in the form of branding and safety stamps, the 510 pin is Gold plated and protrudes nicely, it is definitely hybrid safe.

Ammit MTL RTA Specs and Features:

Size: 24mm x 40mm
Capacity: 4ml
Type: Single Coil RTA
Innovative 3D Airflow System
4ml Large E-juice Capacity with Leak-proof Design
Unique Dual-layer Chamber Structure
Adjustable 12 Air Holes for More Precise Airflow
Two-post Build Deck for Easy Single Coil Building
Comes with Two Different Diameters MTL Drip Tip
Thread: 510
Colours: Stainless Steel, Blue, Rainbow, Gunmetal, Black

The Various Components

The Ammit MTL RTA separates and reassembles into it's various components with ease. I will start with the top-cap which has identical texturing to the Zeus but instead of straight forward stepping to the drip-tip like the Zeus has the Ammit still has the stepping but each step is sloped giving it a more elegant look. The delrin drip-tip is a 3mm bore 510 which is in 2 parts, the top part unscrewing from the bottom to separate. You also receive a second top section which can be screwed into the bottom section which has a tighter 2mm bore, the bottom section is a nice tight fit but can be removed so that you can fit your own drip tips if you prefer. Unlike with the Zeus whose top cap is a bayonet style which opens and secures with just half a turn the Ammit is secured by quite a lot of threading but my theory is Geekvape have only opted for this style to demonstrate how they really have concentrated on build quality with the Ammit as the threading is silky smooth. Once the top-cap is off 2 generous fill ports are revealed on the next section which is where you fill the tank and has the airflow intake followed by the air chamber, like the air chamber the top of this section is doubled walled so the airflow goes around the inside perimeter isolated from the central section where you fill the tank, the airflow control ring is also removable. The air chamber is also double walled as mentioned but more about the airflow in the next section, the glass tube which has 4ml capacity (EU edition has a bung reducing the capacity to 2ml) fits tight over the o-ring of the top section and will be sealed tight also with an o-ring to the bottom when the base section is screwed to the air chamber. Finally we have the base section that obviously includes the deck but more about that later.

The Airflow

The Ammit MTL RTA has a top to bottom 3D airflow system but first i will go through the airflow options. The top airflow control ring has a cyclops slot one side and a single airflow hole the other, if you remove the ring you will see on the top section of the tank you have a row of 5 airflow holes all different sizes just one side of the tank which means if you are using the slot the airflow hole is unemployed and likewise if you turn the ring around to use the airflow hole now the slot is jobless. You can use the slot and have all 5 holes open, 4 holes, 3 holes, 2 holes or just 1 hole, or you can also have 1 hole open using the airflow hole on the ring which means instead of only having the smallest hole open which is what you get when using the slot you can line the airflow hole up with any of the holes.

Once the air has entered the tank it can flow down the cavity between the two walls of the air chamber so although the air only went in one side the air is now free to enter the deck through both inlets one either side. On the deck we have a ramp between the posts and another ramp opposite with air outlets to hit the top sides of the coil at an angle to also skim the top, the rest of the air will meet in the middle underneath the deck and come up through another air outlet directly underneath the coil giving coverage to the bottom and lower sides of the coil essentially giving 360 degrees of coverage, i have always found air coverage is the main contributor to whether an atty gives good flavour, of course there are other factors. The great bonus of course of having a top to bottom airflow design is it gives us a leakproof tank.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

The Deck and Build

The Ammit MTL RTA is 24mm in diameter but the deck is raised up and the deck has a juice channel surrounding it so the cotton gets wicked from underneath. Then we also have the double walled air chamber with a cavity around the deck between the two walls to allow for the airflow system so once you get to the build deck itself it's smaller than on most 22mm atty's so also the inner air chamber is very narrow and domed at the top (reduced chamber another flavour contributor). With the small deck and airflow ramps either side you are limited to 3mm ID absolute max and if you are using complex coils then 2.5mm max, the post holes are also tiny. Despite this the screws to fix your legs in place that get screwed down from the top have good sized philip heads on them and the small post holes actually help keep your legs in place while fixing, the ramps also act as a great guide to where you need to position your coil. It's a very easy build especially if you use a coiling rod or similar fit for purpose tool to keep the coil steady while screwing your screws down. Wicking is more tricky, well not tricky just you can't just wick it any old way else you could get dry hits or if you get that compensate too much then flooding. If you look inside the ports you feed the cotton into you will see rather than being open at the bottom they have a floor with just 2 small holes for the juice to control capillary action. This means you do need to get your cotton right down to these holes as you want the liquid to get soaked up by your cotton and not just starting to flood these ports but at the same time it does then make it easy to suffocate the flow with too much cotton. Unlike the good people from across the pond i don't religiously comb out my cotton ends but doing it with the Ammit gives you a better chance of getting the wicking right first time.

My Experience Using The Ammit MTL RTA

Wow! pretty much sums it up. Through all the different airflow options the flavour is outstanding certainly the Tobacco flavour i used has never tasted so good. The airflow gives you anything from a ridiculously tight draw with the 0.6mm hole right through to being able to do a restricted lung hit using the slot with all 5 holes open. Admittedly the tank does particularly suit me as when i'm not testing atty's my vaping style is a restricted lung hit 70% of the time and loose MTL 30% of the time and with the Ammit i can do both. The build with the supplied coil came out at 1.17ohm and i MTL with 3 holes open on 20W and DL with all 5 holes open taking it up to 25W. This will be sitting on one device or another on my desk to use for the foreseeable future.

Final thoughts

Despite being released in the final quarter of the year, when people are rating the best products of the year when it comes to best MTL RTA the Ammit will top a lot of peoples list, it sure is a serious contender in my opinion.

Excellent build quality
Threading, machining and tolerances spot on
Aesthetically pleasing
Colour choices
Top to Bottom Airflow
Reduced chamber
Full coil coverage
Leakproof design
MTL supertight right up to very loose
Restricted lung hit perfectly possible
Outstanding flavour
Smooth
4ml capacity
Spare glass
Included coil
plenty of spares
Easy Build

Cons

Wicking needs to be done a certain way (a bit of trial and error might be needed)
Limited ID and coil wire thickness

I would once again like to thank Carrie from Geekvape for supplying the Ammit MTL RTA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.geekvape.com/project/ammit-mtl-rta/

VU Sponsors