Become a Patron!

CapVanillaCustard

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
fn9PdIb.jpg

GeekVape Blitzen Review - Photo Album with more photos

Hey everyone! I've been using the GeekVape Blitzen daily for the last few weeks. For those not familiar it's a single/dual coil RTA that holds 2ml with the regular glass tank, or 5ml with the taller bubble glass tank.

It takes 810 drip tips by default. The RTA comes with 2 very nice 810 drip tips and one 510 drip tip with an adapter. They all look great and feel very well made. The RTA also comes with a few other goodies and a ton of spares. It definitely feels like you're getting good value for the money.

It was sent to me by Health Cabin to review. I have the review sampler that comes in a rather plain box, but the retail packaging looks quite nice actually.

lZXYfX8.jpg

What makes it different?

It's more like a reverse RDTA

You can immediately tell it's not a typical RTA. The glass section is much shorter than the rest of the body, and you can't see that typical fat section inside that is the build deck covered by a metal shell. It looks more like an RDTA than an RTA. It kind of is an RDTA, a reverse RDTA.

The juice reservoir sits on top of the build deck. Juice travels down through narrow slits at the edge of the reservoir and pools inside the base, saturating the wicks that are exposed there.

KGFjiPV.jpg

Juice flow diagram not to scale

Similar to RDTAs the airflow hits the coils directly, instead of being channeled in some fashion. 16 small airholes on each side that covers a very wide area when left open. The direct airflow system keeps the vapor temperature down and provides flavor and vapor production closer to an RDTA.

Included key

Like most RTAs the glass is trapped between the base and the top part with the fill holes. In many of them that top part is very thin and is rather hard to grab on to when you want to screw it down. The Blitzen comes with a "key" that makes it easy do so. You can use a tweezer to do what the key does but it's a nice addition to the package.

The Flavor

I'm a huge single coil fan. So my first build was a fat 3.5mm ID single coiler and it was pretty disappointing. I've tried two more single coil builds, at 2.5 and 3.0mm ID and they both felt underwhelming as well. Flavor was muted and the vapor was thin.

2y14Sjv.jpg

Dual coils however are freakin awesome on this tank.
Thick dense vapor along with really saturated flavor. Very close to an RDA experience thanks to the design. Many times I've picked this up instead of my B2K/Pulse 24 heading out or after a meal.

I really dislike building dual coils but I'll gladly do it for this tank. While some dual coil attys (Pulse 24, Pyro) are great with single coil, this isn't one of them.

The positives

Adjust your build without draining the tank

What an awesome feature! Under/overstuffed your cotton? Coil placement needs tweaking? No need to drain the tank, just flip it upside down and unscrew the deck.

On a side note I remember Kayfun V4 as being the first RTA with this feature. Was it actually the first?

Silky smooth, direct airflow

This is probably my favorite thing about this tank. Smoothest airflow I've ever experienced. 16 tiny airholes on each side covering a very wide area. You can go from restricted to non restricted hits depending on how many you have open. I think 16 tiny holes are working better than one giant slit.

I usually go with 7 holes (one honeycomb) and it's just buttery smooth. No whistle, doesn't make a lot of noise overall. It actually feels like you're drawing in a volume of air unlike some attys where you only notice it when you exhale. It's perfect for those who like the slightest bit of restriction.

Unlike most RTAs, and very much like most RDAs/RDTAs the airflow is not channeled at all. The air hits your coils instantly without being redirected. This contributes to the flavor and the vapor stays a bit cooler.

nqyy5Ex.jpg

Postless deck with properly shaped slots

Postless decks are everywhere and this one does it well. The distance between positive and negative slots is on the narrower side. You don't have to build super long coils, or space them out a lot or bend the leads. I've been building 5 wraps of 28x3 + 38g in 3mm ID and they sit perfectly without any adjustments.

The slots are also shaped in a way that it doesn't bend your flat-ish wires, like fused claptons with 3+ cores.

No leak if wicked right

It's super easy to wick and it's quite forgiving when you do mess up. I pack my cotton tight, fluff up the ends quite a bit and stuff them in the wicking slots. You don't have to do anything special. If you under stuff you'll get leaks when you fill, and if you overstuff it'll wick slower. The sweet spot is pretty wide so you'll get the hang of it almost immediately. I only flooded the deck on my first build, and the other 8 or so builds since then haven't had this problem.

When filling I usually close the air holes, unscrew the cap, fill, and screw the cap back on as quick as possible. The longer you take the bigger the chances are of the deck flooding. You don't have to close the cap upside down or any of the other heuristics you see commonly associated with RTAs.

Chain vape without a dry hit

The way the juice flow is designed your wicks are always saturated until the last few drops. By design both ends of the wicks stay saturated even when you tilt because there is juice trapped under the glass tank inside the base. Fantastic design and it works well in practice.

When wicked right (which is super easy to do) the Blitzen easily keeps up with back to back puffs at 60-70 watts. You don't typically need TC with tanks but it's even more redundant with this one.

The negatives

Heavy & Bulky

With the bubble glass on the Blitzen is 44mm tall, not counting the drip tip and the 510 pin. I feel that's on the taller end of the spectrum. Serpent SMM is 32mm, and Vandy Vape Pyro is about 35mm in comparison.

u6kRU8I.jpg

It weighs 80 grams without any coils or liquid inside. That's also considerably heavier than your average RTA/RDTA.

It looks well made and it has a pretty unique design so I get why it had to be bulky, but I'd still prefer a smaller and lighter RTA. It feels funny and very top heavy on my plastic Hugo Vapor Urus mod.

Hard (Impossible?) to disassemble completely

Whenever I get a new atty I take it apart as far as I can and give it a good wash. I couldn't do it with this one. The base seems like it's all one piece, and I didn't want to break it by trying to pry it open. I wish you could disassemble it completely.

AFC ring could be tighter

Not a major concern. The AFC ring spins a little too freely and it's easy to accidentally open/close more holes. I don't think the O-rings are working that great inside because juice seeps out very easily.

~TLDR

It's a rather big, bulky, and honestly a little ugly RTA, but it vapes like a champion. No fuss wicking, no leaks, superb airflow and flavor. If you can get past the looks you won't be left unsatisfied.

Thanks Health Cabin for sending this out to me to review. It's been a pleasure dealing with them.

CAtvLaA.jpg

Specs

- Color: Gun Metal, Black, Rainbow, Blue
- Capacity: 5ml/2ml
- Height: 36mm
- Diameter: 25/24mm
- Weight: 80 g with bubble tank

Package Contents:

- 1pc Blitzen RTA
- 1pc 2ml Spare Glass Tube
- 1pc 5ml Spare Bubble Glass Tube
- 1pc 510 Drip Tip
- 3pc 810 Drip Tip
- 1pc 510 Drip Tip Adapter
- 1pc Chimney Extender
- 1pc Chimney Key
- 1pc Allen Key
- 1pc Manual
- 1pc Spare parts pack

Health Cabin 9th Anniversary Sale

cropped-healthcabin-logo-1.png

Health Cabin is one of the original old school shops and they're turning 9 years old! Hard to believe it's been that long.

They're having quite a few sales and giveaways.

Notable deals include

• $5 off $50, $10 off $100, $20 off $200
  • World wide free shipping over $60 for hardware, $50 for juice.
  • Vaporesso Revenger for $30.90, Smok QBox kit for $28, VooPoo Alpha One for $40, Mad Dog RTA for $16 and more!
  • Buy 1 Get 1 Joyetech Atopack Penguin.
  • 25% off Aspire stuff until May 20th.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors