Become a Patron!

GeekVape GBOX 200W Squonk Mod!

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my new GeekVape GBOX 200W Squonk Mod today and could not be happier! I got the kit with a Radar RDA for $49.99 at Vape Society Supply, but I put my Goon 2 on it and never used the Radar. First impressions, I LOVE IT! This is my first squonk mod so I am new to it, but not to drippers. Dual 18650, 200W, TC, etc. Nice regulated mod, built like a tank and aesthetically, very pleasing!
gbox03.jpg gbox02.jpg gbox01.jpg
I am using some Loaded Cookie Butter in the mod and must say, it tastes great!

If you want to get into the squonk game cheap, with a good device, I believe this is a hard deal to beat!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Got my new GeekVape GBOX 200W Squonk Mod today and could not be happier! I got the kit with a Radar RDA for $49.99 at Vape Society Supply, but I put my Goon 2 on it and never used the Radar. First impressions, I LOVE IT! This is my first squonk mod so I am new to it, but not to drippers. Dual 18650, 200W, TC, etc. Nice regulated mod, built like a tank and aesthetically, very pleasing!
View attachment 103072 View attachment 103073 View attachment 103074
I am using some Loaded Cookie Butter in the mod and must say, it tastes great!

If you want to get into the squonk game cheap, with a good device, I believe this is a hard deal to beat!

That is an amazing deal!

I have the old Gbox and the new Gbox 200 and they are a great value

Also, both take the Kanger Dripbox replacement bottles

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wow, I didn't realize Geekvape had already released 2 versions! What are the differences?

The new one is heftier and and will fire a higher wattage

Nice! How's the weight? Any cons yet?

It is a little hefty, like SpyGoat said

Some people don't like the fact that the bottle can spin when you squonk, though it does not affect how it vapes and it doesn't leak

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. How far apart were the releases?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Cripes, I can't truthfully remember - a year maybe a little less?

The first Gbox was the first mass-produced double battery after the Kanger 160 and they stopped production after the first run for some reason

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Cripes, I can't truthfully remember - a year maybe a little less?

The first Gbox was the first mass-produced double battery after the Kanger 160 and they stopped production after the first run for some reason
Oh ok, I thought the new Gbox was their first double battery squonk mod. Didn't know GV has had one out for that long

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just built the Radar RDA, nice little BF atty. It has a very intuitive, angled, deck that allows the coils to go in at an angle from the top, and if you use some flat coils (staggertons, etc) they fit very nicely. Though, the Goon V1.5 is a better atty, I had to at least try the Radar. My opinion, if you don't have a Goon 1.5, the Radar that comes with the kit is a very good fit for the mod. I looked around and this mod is $89 at FTech and many other sites, so the $49.99 price at Vape Society is a real steal.

"Also, both take the Kanger Dripbox replacement bottles"
so thats not really true, wish it was i have 10 dripbox bottles but the diameter is a tiny tiny bit too large for a drip box

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
"Also, both take the Kanger Dripbox replacement bottles"
so thats not really true, wish it was i have 10 dripbox bottles but the diameter is a tiny tiny bit too large for a drip box

Dripbox bottles too big for the dripbox?

I'm using dripbox bottles in the Gbox just fine though

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Replacing the proprietary bottle hw with a silicone bottle, and the cover torx with neomags was the best, simplest change to make the Gbox a winner.

cvostreetglide

Member For 2 Years
I've been watching the squonk-lovers around here for some time and wondered if I'd enjoy the journey... and took advantage of the favorable posts on The Drop and the GBox... ordered both today and look forward to jumping in with both feet... (kinda the way I do most things it seems) haha I guess Lucy's post above on the GBox being a heck of a deal put me over the edge!! "A squonking we will go.... A squonking we will go... hi ho"

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will definitely be hatting that damned Proprietary Bottle and system, though.

Pulling it out and putting in a soft silicone bottle was dead easy; swapping the torx cover-screws for neomags took about 5 minutes more ;-)

cvostreetglide

Member For 2 Years
Yeah I saw a video about that... the guy made it look simple enough and I figured I'd do that if I hated the bottle stiffness. The neomags makes great sense as I was thinking them 4 screws would get tedious after awhile.... good post and thanks.

cvostreetglide

Member For 2 Years
That would be awesome thanks. Already charging up the battery on the Dremmel tool for the first phase of the operation!! haha

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gbox 200 body magnet & door magnet

The cover mags slot right into place - add a dab of CA and poke.

The body, I just reamed the screw holes a little with a screwdriver until they were countersunk - add CA, jam-fit.. For the love of the gods, get the polarities right! ;-)

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
To be honest the bottle while its not the best construction out there will be your smallest problem. I would be more worried about the tc and underperformance of the mod in general even wattage. But hey try it out you might enjoy it.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I'm not even sold on the TC of a dna200/vt133.. I try it at least daily, sometimes I like it. Sometimes I use Wattage/Power mode, and sometimes - with the Gbox 200 - I go over and try VPC mode.

cvostreetglide

Member For 2 Years
Yeah, I'm not using TC on too many of my mods... works well on my VooPoo Too so I use it there but that's about it. I'm new to the squonking thing and wanted to have a regulated mod and didn't want to spend a ton on the entry to this new mode of vaping. Not sure I'll like it. I DO love building and flavor so figured I'd give it a try. By the time I decide if I like it there will be a better mod for squonking. I also wanted a dual battery unit which narrowed the playing field a bit.

LOL Vic.... had to laugh about the polarity thing! That would be an embarrassing mistake to make... DOH

Thanks so much for the links!

Last edited:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NP, and yeah - it's just dumb/embarassing to us - but apparently folks in china actually manage to manufacture shit like that!
(BB's made with the wrong polarity; panels that are actually reversed so they repel, etc ;-)

VU Sponsors