Become a Patron!

Khaoticfury

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Really watching the new S100 squonker from GeekVape. Looks like same shape as DripBox 160, but I like that the battery door also holds the juice bottle in place, instead of the removable magnetic piece on the DripBox. I also like the bigger screen and rubber paint on mod.

I am hoping the S100 also has better power management than the DripBox. On my DripBox, the batteries drain SUPER fast. I have friends who also have the DripBox and have same issue.

GeekVape GBOX S100
kC8ZPej.jpg

Just can't find a release date for this thing anywhere!

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
3Avape is advertising these for $54. I have never bought anything from them, but that price makes it tempting. Anybody have any experience with 3A?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Nice. How do you like it?
Still iffy, could go either way. fills a nice need. there aren't many dual battery regulated sqounk mods out there. and the quality is really nice. especially the sqounk tube. it's a metal tube instead of the plastic tubing most sqounk mods have and works very well

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks. I kind of swore off regulated mods there for awhile (G2/Slice exception) but that's a pretty reasonable price. So while waiting for a couple of dually series bf mods this might fill the gap and have a little more power than the single 18650 bottom feeders that I'm using. If my thinking that a dual 18650 chip parallel mod will outperform a single 18650 mech??

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks. I kind of swore off regulated mods there for awhile (G2/Slice exception) but that's a pretty reasonable price. So while waiting for a couple of dually series bf mods this might fill the gap and have a little more power than the single 18650 bottom feeders that I'm using. If my thinking that a dual 18650 chip parallel mod will outperform a single 18650 mech??
The GBOX S100 is a series mod. Not parallel. But yes it's a much better vape then a single battery mech IMO

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah yes, one up/one down, doh! lol. And I did notice that Everzon and 3Avape each had 7 left in stock so I was wondering. In a couple of minutes that will be 6 left. I mean what the heck, who can get by with only half a dozen squonkers, ;)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ah yes, one up/one down, doh! lol. And I did notice that Everzon and 3Avape each had 7 left in stock so I was wondering. In a couple of minutes that will be 6 left. I mean what the heck, who can get by with only half a dozen squonkers, ;)
they sold pretty fast probably. i don't see many sites with them in stock

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Just a heads up, when I checked out the price with shipping was $46.90 (at the Everzon site)

Scratch that, my confirmation email from everzon was $55.90 :( Kinda shaky to have one price at checkout and then something different on confirmation...

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Just a heads up, when I checked out the price with shipping was $46.90 (at the Everzon site)

Belay that, my confirmation email from everzon was $55.90 :( Kinda shaky to have one price at checkout and then something different on confirmation...
send them a message. it's a glitch. @MidwestExpress had the same issues and they apologized and issued him a credit for the difference. I didn't have an issue on mine. it was 46.90 for me

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
send them a message. it's a glitch. @MidwestExpress had the same issues and they apologized and issued him a credit for the difference. I didn't have an issue on mine. it was 46.90 for me

They had a glitch in the checkout process. I emailed them and the gave me the option of store credit or credit me the difference. So I took the store credit and ordered a Medusa rdta. They have had great customer service so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah already had sent an email inquiring about that. Not that big of an issue if they send it as promptly as your's. :)

Hey MidwestExpress, how are you liking that thing? I passed on the Dripbox 160 (although I like the 60 and have a couple for backups that reside in vehicle consoles) and kind of have hopes that this thing might be ok...

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So how are you getting along with your gbox SirRichard. Sorry just can't bring myself to put the rear in there lol.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
So far it's pretty good. Just finished my testing on it for a review. Nothing impressive though

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everzon responded to my email already and offered a refund or coupon to make up the difference. They have a tracking number assigned to my order same day.

This is why Everzon is on my list of companies to buy from! Ordered a Medusa from them already too. Waiting for them to start shipping!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
And the conclusion is...? It looks very ergonomic in the pics, why the heck do we still get mods that have sharp edges? Hello Hometech!
Very ergonomic. Feels smaller then it is. I just finished my testing of it over the weekend. Should have a formal review out next week

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Very ergonomic. Feels smaller then it is. I just finished my testing of it over the weekend. Should have a formal review out next week

That's like one of those "teasers" they use on tv, ..full news at 11 lol. C'mon dude, what's the verdict?

I already bought one, it's on the way. So give it to me straight man...:D

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That's like one of those "teasers" they use on tv, ..full news at 11 lol. C'mon dude, what's the verdict?
Quick verdict is its an ok mod. If it was a regular mod not for sqounking I'd say no but since it's one of the few dual battery regulated BF mods I'd give it a yes for that reason alone. Espically if u vape at 80 watts or less. It'll give more punch then a single battery mechs for sure and the TC works good it's just a slow ramp.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick verdict is its an ok mod. If it was a regular mod not for sqounking I'd say no but since it's one of the few dual battery regulated BF mods I'd give it a yes for that reason alone. Espically if u vape at 80 watts or less. It'll give more punch then a single battery mechs for sure and the TC works good it's just a slow ramp.

That's what vaping biker said also.

Don't drip and drive. SQUONK

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And the conclusion is...? It looks very ergonomic in the pics, why the heck do we still get mods that have sharp edges? Hello Hometech!

I love it! Fits great in the hand. Bigger than a triade but very comfortable. I spin it around all angles in my hand and it always feels comfortable to vape on.

The thing is solid! No rattles and buttons are great. Menu is easy to use. This being my first squonker, I am VERY happy!

Only thing I wish would happen with this mod, firmware upgrade to take it to 125 or so watts! Just wish it had a bit more than the 100w and with dual batteries... it shouldn't have a problem!

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
When are you getting yours? What rda are you going to use on it?

Idk, just looked and it appears that it's still in China after a week. Getting this mod to have enough grunt to run dual coil, so Petri V2, TM squared, Baal V3, Velocity, those are my squonkified dual coil attys. But the dual 18650 series mod from Sonar505 should be here tomorrow, so I'm not as antsy to get it as usual :D

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Idk, just looked and it appears that it's still in China after a week. Getting this mod to have enough grunt to run dual coil, so Petri V2, TM squared, Baal V3, Velocity, those are my squonkified dual coil attys. But the dual 18650 series mod from Sonar505 should be here tomorrow, so I'm not as antsy to get it as usual :D
I'm running dual triple core fused clapton SS coils. 5 spaced wraps 3mm ID on a tsunami 24 glass window. running 450F and 80 watt max in temp mode. comes out to .16 ohms and it's working good but ramp up could be better

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What gauge wires are you using? The 3x30/36 SS fc's I'm making seem to ramp up nicely. At least as good as an equivalent kanthal/nichrome. Can't really decide which one I like better...

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The lower gauge wire should ramp up quicker, so I don't know. AVS supposedly sources their ss wire in Europe and it's regarded as top notch stuff. They sent me some triple core claptons with an Alien order, but I haven't tried them yet. The aliens were kind of disappointing, loose alien wrap more like spaced or staggered. I kind of suspect they are using a coil making tool, which can do that to aliens.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The lower gauge wire should ramp up quicker, so I don't know. AVS supposedly sources their ss wire in Europe and it's regarded as top notch stuff. They sent me some triple core claptons with an Alien order, but I haven't tried them yet. The aliens were kind of disappointing, loose alien wrap more like spaced or staggered. I kind of suspect they are using a coil making tool, which can do that to aliens.
Haven't tried their alien but I live their staggered fused. It's my favorite of their wire. The triple core fused and the vertebraid are pretty good too

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I just used their vertebraid (6x32) for a single coil in a Halady. Think it was 7 wraps (really hard to tell after it's coiled) at 2.5mm, ohms at .35 and I'm liking it a lot. If you like the staggered, you'll like the aliens too. But it's kind of a waste, tight aliens will wick juice on their own if it's a tight contact wrap but not so much if they are spaced. Next time they have a sale I'll try some of that staggered fc wire.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just used their vertebraid (6x32) for a single coil in a Halady. Think it was 7 wraps (really hard to tell after it's coiled) at 2.5mm, ohms at .35 and I'm liking it a lot. If you like the staggered, you'll like the aliens too. But it's kind of a waste, tight aliens will wick juice on their own if it's a tight contact wrap but not so much if they are spaced. Next time they have a sale I'll try some of that staggered fc wire.
I'll try out the aliens next sale cause why not ;)

28MAR17
I've been looking everywhere trying to find a GBOX S100 that I can purchase. I've even reached out to Geekvape themselves asking if either they were currently manufacturing these (No.. none in stock and none in the production schedule as the demand for it was insufficient to continue to manufacture it). I've also reached out to all of their distributors (None in stock and no re supply expected). Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these? I'd really appreciate some help!

Really watching the new S100 squonker from GeekVape. Looks like same shape as DripBox 160, but I like that the battery door also holds the juice bottle in place, instead of the removable magnetic piece on the DripBox. I also like the bigger screen and rubber paint on mod.

I am hoping the S100 also has better power management than the DripBox. On my DripBox, the batteries drain SUPER fast. I have friends who also have the DripBox and have same issue.

GeekVape GBOX S100
kC8ZPej.jpg

Just can't find a release date for this thing anywhere!

I found one here, https://mobile.cvapor.com/. Though I think my package is floating itself here. I ordered on 3/12 and I'm still waiting. Tracking says it's in transit but good lord how long does it take??

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I actually purchased one there about 2 weeks ago... got an email several days later saying that they were out of stock (and did I wish to order something else or just have my money listed as a positive credit in my account to use for future purchases).... I responded that if it was a preorder situation, I'd happily wait... if not.. to refund my PayPal account. It ended up taking another 6 days to get my refund. Cvapor indicated that they had no expectation of a possible re supply. It was really a shame because their price was less than $50. I hope your order actually makes it to you.. if tracking doesn't show progress after 2 or 3 weeks, I'd recommend that you pursue some sort of confirmation or refund process with them. I originally only found that my order had issues when I emailed them because I'd had logging in issues. In their reply to that email they fessed up to the S100 not being in stock even though their website said it was when I placed my order. Thanks for trying to help.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
28MAR17
I've been looking everywhere trying to find a GBOX S100 that I can purchase. I've even reached out to Geekvape themselves asking if either they were currently manufacturing these (No.. none in stock and none in the production schedule as the demand for it was insufficient to continue to manufacture it). I've also reached out to all of their distributors (None in stock and no re supply expected). Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these? I'd really appreciate some help!
dam that was short lived. I got mine as soon as it came out from everzon.com but they are out of stock now

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I actually purchased one there about 2 weeks ago... got an email several days later saying that they were out of stock (and did I wish to order something else or just have my money listed as a positive credit in my account to use for future purchases).... I responded that if it was a preorder situation, I'd happily wait... if not.. to refund my PayPal account. It ended up taking another 6 days to get my refund. Cvapor indicated that they had no expectation of a possible re supply. It was really a shame because their price was less than $50. I hope your order actually makes it to you.. if tracking doesn't show progress after 2 or 3 weeks, I'd recommend that you pursue some sort of confirmation or refund process with them. I originally only found that my order had issues when I emailed them because I'd had logging in issues. In their reply to that email they fessed up to the S100 not being in stock even though their website said it was when I placed my order. Thanks for trying to help.
Guess it's back to the drone wait.

Don't drip and drive. SQUONK
http://www.vapewild.com/gbox-s100-tc-squonker-box-mod-by-geek-vape/

VU Sponsors