Become a Patron!

Geekvape (Geek Vape) Ammit RTA - New Single Coil Tank

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you know what would be tops... ammiterlin mini !
merlin mini juice control top cap and looks, ammit airflows and click stops lol

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can not wait to get mine. It will be my test tank for coils. Instead of building two coils for my rebuildables and finding out I don't care how they vape I can just build a single coil for Ammit and if that test goes well I can build two coils for the Griffins or my Smok TF-RDTAs. Got drippers but again they are all duel coils and I am not really a dripper person. CHEERS!

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mine finally arrived.

Currently using: 3mm coil / Clapton SS / 0.46ohms on an HCigar VT75 Nano in Wattage Mode

Wick is cut flush at each end and aligned flush on the deck (No fancy triangle shaped ends)

Initial observations:

- NO Leaking unlike my two bottom pisser Augvape Merlins
- 70vg/30pg = No wicking issues despite the narrow gap between the tank's glass and the juice holes/openings
- No problem with a VT75 Nano attaining a relatively cool, warm or hot vape
- The Ammit does not have massive airflow ala Griffin

Ammit vs Merlin:

- NO Leaking on the Ammit
- Ammit goes through e-juice a bit quicker
- Shorter heat up time on the Ammit
- Vape on Merlin is smoother, but the Ammit comes close when the included drip tip is swapped
with the Merlin's.
- Threading is better on the Ammit and especially noticeable when removing and reattaching the top
cap when refilling.
- Airflow is fairly similar

Have to experiment a little more with larger coil diameters and wire types.

Will get around to writing a complete review and will post in the reviews section when done.

Last edited:

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine finally arrived.

Currently using: 3mm coil / Clapton SS / 0.46ohms on an HCigar VT75 Nano in Wattage Mode

Wick is cut flush at each end and aligned flush on the deck (No fancy triangle shaped ends)

Initial observations:

- 70vg/30pg = No wicking issues despite the narrow gap between the tank's glass and the juice holes/openings

Ammit vs Merlin:

- Vape on Merlin is smoother, but the Ammit comes close when the included drip tip is swapped
with the Merlin's.
- Threading is better on the Ammit and especially noticeable when removing and reattaching the top
cap when refilling.

Will get around to writing a complete review and will post in the reviews section when done.
Mr. Bolton Sir,
Any chance I can get you to post a pic of your wicking? I'm having a heck of a time with mine, dry hits, slow recovery, etc. I assumed it was the wicking and you seem to confirm it. Also what wattage were you running that coil at?

Regards,
kc

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mr. Bolton Sir,
Any chance I can get you to post a pic of your wicking? I'm having a heck of a time with mine, dry hits, slow recovery, etc. I assumed it was the wicking and you seem to confirm it. Also what wattage were you running that coil at?

Regards,
kc
Rebuilding mine in a few minutes. I'll post complete build out step pictures.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mine finally arrived.

Initial observations:

Ammit vs Merlin:

with the Merlin's.
cap when refilling.

Don't have a merlin to compare to, but this thing is working great! And my wife loves her build as well. Simple SS 0.4ohm coil using 30/70 juice. All weekend with no issues.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am using a Japanese Cotton Pad cut with the grain at 0.435in (11.049mm).
I will peal off both the flat sides, or just the thicker of the two... depending on how lazy I am.
IMG_20161219_225921410_1.jpg

I then tight role one end to feed it through the coil. On this build, I am using a SS316L 24g core with 36g KA1 wrap on a 3mm ID coil. Comes in at 0.30ohms. (in these pictures the coil has not been fired or prep'd yet).
IMG_20161219_230101214_1.jpg

I then snip each end to the length of the deck base (not the silver tank base, this can be to short sometimes and wont' reach the base of the well).
IMG_20161219_230203233_1.jpg IMG_20161219_230244173_1.jpg

I then "fluff" each end of the cotton to make sure that my fingers didn't compress down what is going to soak of the juice before I tuck it into the juice well with my tweezers.
IMG_20161219_230333191_1.jpg IMG_20161219_230343914_1.jpg

I then take the tip of my tweezers and just lightly press the cotton ends into the juice well. I don't pack it in there, just press it in lightly until all the ends are bent in and sitting on the top of the juice well.
IMG_20161219_230426668_1.jpg IMG_20161219_230547658_1.jpg

At this point, it's ready to start juicing it up. I have always started juicing the cotton by having my mod at 10W and just trigger hit it while putting juice on the coil. This causes the coil to heat up slightly and suck the juice into the wicking. The wicking will disperse the juice to the ends of the cotton until it's fully saturated. After the wicking is fully saturated I will clean it up with a small piece of wire (or my tweezers) just to make sure no straggly cotton strands are looking unruly.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mr. Bolton Sir,

Regards,
kc

Vaping at a conservative 25.5 - 28w

Have a look at PhantomOp 's wicking posts above. I don't think I can do better!.

Make sure you do a few dry pulls with juice/air flow turned off after a new wicking/priming
and start at low power and gradually work your way up.

I think I'm going to slap in a 3.5mm coil shortly.

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks fellers. Yinz are the best. So to be clear, the wick ends simply sit on the base of the well covering but not in the juice holes?

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Switched to a KA1 3.5mm clapton coil at 1ohm.

Much smoother, but still not as smooth as the Merlins. The "smoothness" of the Merlins is
similar to that of a Kanger Subtank Mini. The vape from my Ammit is what I would classify
as "crisp". Currently vaping DIY Cinnamon Danish Swirl. I'll eventually clean it out and give
Orange Cream and/or Strawberry Cream a whirl.

Last edited:

errevi

Member For 4 Years
VAPE MAIL! VAPE MAIL!

Building right now, 5 wraps 26g SS 316 L clapton, 3mm, 0,4 ohm, kendo gold ed. cotton
and DIY Castle Long juice 65/35 V/P

More airy than Merlin at first impression ... and ...

AARRGGHHH !!! COUGH COUGH!!!

oh-no-the-dreaded-dry-hit.jpg

I thought I had wicked properly ...

[MUNCHED]-DSCN0023.jpg [MUNCHED]-DSCN0024.jpg [MUNCHED]-DSCN0026.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, that sucks. Do you prime the wick with juice when building? I usually add juice, pulse it a little, add juice again before fitting a tank and filling it. Then start of low for a few puffs to break in the cotton and make sure there's vapor to avoid dry hits.

errevi

Member For 4 Years
Yes I always add juice before to close the tank and make sure it is well impregnated, then I leave it there 5 minutes after the liquid has been added ...

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What wattage or temp you running on that coil ? That is the only thing I can think of without seeing your side profile of the cotton. Make sure it is sitting on top (and touching) of the juice flow holes.. not in the juice flow holes.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
TC 30W @ 220C (428F)
Well, you shouldn't be over hitting the cotton.
So, that would make me start looking at:
- Wicking touching the juice flow holes?
- Wicking poked into the juice flow holes?
- To much wicking -- very tight in that coil?
- To little wicking -- very very loose in that coil ?

Do a picture of the side profile while juiced and the under side of the juice flow.

errevi

Member For 4 Years
Switched to a KA1 3.5mm clapton coil at 1ohm.

Much smoother, but still not as smooth as the Merlins. The "smoothness" of the Merlins is
similar to that of a Kanger Subtank Mini. The vape from my Ammit is what I would classify
as "crisp". Currently vaping DIY Cinnamon Danish Swirl. I'll eventually clean it out and give
Orange Cream and/or Strawberry Cream a whirl.

Crisip & dry ... yes, is appropriate
I notice a bit more vapor also

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No dry hits here.

Fluff up the wick ends and make sure they sit flush with the juice holes.

Wick going through the coil on the Ammit should move a bit freely, while the Merlin
works well with a massive wick that barely budges.

Still going back and forth between the two. Extremely happy with the no leaking Ammit,
but have grown accustomed to the smooth vapor of the Merlin.

errevi

Member For 4 Years
Fluff up the wick ends and make sure they sit flush with the juice holes.

Wick going through the coil on the Ammit should move a bit freely, while the Merlin
works well with a massive wick that barely budges.

that's correct, this is how my build is right now

Extremely happy with the no leaking Ammit,
but have grown accustomed to the smooth vapor of the Merlin.
Ditto, same here ... at the moment haven't found the sweet spot of the Ammit, i'm not 100% satisfied

Last edited:

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I decided not to go with a sub ohm coil, instead I coiled a clapton coil wrapped round a 3mm rod and it came out at 1.5 ohms.
Now I know that may sound high to a lot of you but the vape that mine gives off is very smooth but the flavour is intense.
The cotton I fluffed up and I stuck a very small amount down the juice channels and I have had no dry hits at all.
And as yet not a single leak, but it is still early days and so I hope it carries on like that in weeks to come.

So far I can definitely recommend this rta, and I will be getting a couple more of these to replace my leaky Merlins,
I just which Augvape had got there act together and designed some better and leak free bases.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I decided not to go with a sub ohm coil, instead I coiled a clapton coil wrapped round a 3mm rod and it came out at 1.5 ohms.
Now I know that may sound high to a lot of you but the vape that mine gives off is very smooth but the flavour is intense.
The cotton I fluffed up and I stuck a very small amount down the juice channels and I have had no dry hits at all.
And as yet not a single leak, but it is still early days and so I hope it carries on like that in weeks to come.

So far I can definitely recommend this rta, and I will be getting a couple more of these to replace my leaky Merlins,
I just which Augvape had got there act together and designed some better and leak free bases.

Around how many watts are you vaping that at Devilon?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very low at the moment, only at 17 watts, but it's quite a high ohm coil.
But the battery life of my mods is going to be a lot better, and it's the type of coil I used to use before all this sub ohm vaping become popular, and it is the type of vape that I really do like. :)

Thanks Devilon, that's exactly what I wanted to hear :). I've got a Merlin humming along at around 15 watts and didn't know if all that air flow in the Ammit would do well at that kind of power. It's going on to my wish list now :cool:

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks Devilon, that's exactly what I wanted to hear :). I've got a Merlin humming along at around 15 watts and didn't know if all that air flow in the Ammit would do well at that kind of power. It's going on to my wish list now :cool:

I just can't understand how people are saying about all the airflow in this Ammit, you can if you want have a quite restricted vape, very similar to the Merlin in fact, well that's my experience so far. :)

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just can't understand how people are saying about all the airflow in this Ammit, you can if you want have a quite restricted vape, very similar to the Merlin in fact, well that's my experience so far. :)

I don't have one of course, so I'm going from what I've seen of it in pics and videos. It's got those two fairly big openings under the coil plus the three holes from the side. It's hard to see how big the airflow ring slots are and they will be the limiting factor for draw when they are closed a bit for sure, but with all the airflow area inside the chamber the air velocity around the coil will I think be quite slow. This is what I meant when I said it looks like a lot of airflow.

I prefer the Merlin at lower power without the restrictor installed for the increase in harshness that seems to give me, even if I draw at the same speed. Maybe that's why the Ammit is a bit harsher overall than the Merlin. Harsh and TH are positives for me, so this makes me want one more :), but I think I'm going to wait a bit for my vape budget to recover from my Christmas shopping :(

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do like look of the black one, and I'm very tempted to get one to pair up with my SS one :)
Yup, I've got both (wife + me) ... love them both so far and have had NO issues with them. No leaking, no wicking issues, ... just vape --- loving it. Awesome flavor output. Single 3.5 ID clapton is giving VERY good flavor compared to what I was used to.

Bigjay1978

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't have one of course, so I'm going from what I've seen of it in pics and videos. It's got those two fairly big openings under the coil plus the three holes from the side. It's hard to see how big the airflow ring slots are and they will be the limiting factor for draw when they are closed a bit for sure, but with all the airflow area inside the chamber the air velocity around the coil will I think be quite slow. This is what I meant when I said it looks like a lot of airflow.

I prefer the Merlin at lower power without the restrictor installed for the increase in harshness that seems to give me, even if I draw at the same speed. Maybe that's why the Ammit is a bit harsher overall than the Merlin. Harsh and TH are positives for me, so this makes me want one more :), but I think I'm going to wait a bit for my vape budget to recover from my Christmas shopping :(
I consider it a slightly restricted lung hit. It is nowhere near as airy as the Griffins. To me the draw is exactly the same as the baby Beast. Just a bit to restricted for me to really love it. Flavor is great as well. This thing can really suck the juice. I went through a tank in fifteen minutes driving. Not chain vaping, but maybe 2 to 3 puffs a minute.

errevi

Member For 4 Years
Yes it drinks like a camel! I'm honest, at first I was a bit disappointed comparing Ammit to Merlin, but have to say that I was treating it in the same way and I was wrong. Like all other tanks, you need a bit to learn it's characteristics, I start to enjoy Ammit very much.

Bigjay1978

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes it drinks like a camel! I'm honest, at first I was a bit disappointed comparing Ammit to Merlin, but have to say that I was treating it in the same way and I was wrong. Like all other tanks, you need a bit to learn it's characteristics, I start to enjoy Ammit very much.
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed at first as well. I didn't really get the flavor I was expecting after hearing others rave about it. Also I have the Griffin plus, and that tank is vape nirvana for me. I was using a bit to much cotton with the ammit. I am still tinkering, but at the moment I have an alien Clapton coming out to. 226 ohms. At 60 watts the flavor is really good. The only thing keeping me from loving the ammit is the draw. Just a bit to closed. It will remain a daily driver for me, but my Griffin is my favorite.

Last edited:

errevi

Member For 4 Years
Following @ninogui I just got it dremmeled a bit LOL, enlarged a few the juce holes toward the edge on the base, enlarged a bit the top of the JFC and rounded them to the top, tested a high VH liquid, bubbles are moving better and faster

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Following @ninogui I just got it dremmeled a bit LOL, enlarged a few the juce holes toward the edge on the base, enlarged a bit the top of the JFC and rounded them to the top, tested a high VH liquid, bubbles are moving better and faster
Any chance you could post a close up?

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did it like @ninogui, the only difference is that I enlarged a tiny bit the circular juice holes of the base, now the are a bit elliptical.

precisely, you can´t enlarge one of the sides, it´s part of the structure itself

Ammit´s deck under/side airflow is being mimicked by the new upcoming ijoy exo rta so it does seem like a successful design

I went ahead and bought a merlin mini to check what the fuss is all about but I made the mistake of wicking it like the ammit (cotton barely touching ground wicking holes) and voi lá leaking all over on the airflow
Tried once more this time stuffing cotton down the wicking holes (that should not be done in the ammit) and more on the sides, a bit better but still liquid seeping down from the middle of the 510 inner air intake within a few draws
I guess this is common according to people in the merlin/merlin mini thread

So at the moment not trusting and not happy with merlin mini but plenty happy with the ammit, with n80 wire the flavor is at its best (better than kanthal)

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm still experimenting with coil sizes.

Burnt hit city if I place a coil is too close to the air holes. :blech:

Last edited:

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Strange, closer to the air = better flavor in my experience. I'd be more inclined to suspect the wicking

Nothing wrong with my wicking. Just experimenting with various coil height levels and 1-2mm
from the air holes didn't work out too well for me. :blech:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing wrong with my wicking. Just experimenting with various coil height levels and 1-2mm
from the air holes didn't work out too well for me. :blech:
From what I've seen on the reviews though the juice flow has issues with high VG, 70 on up. Bubbles get stuck and is prone to dry hits with juice higher than 60 or 65 VG.

I keep my coils as close as I can get to the air in all my Tanks for better flavor.

VU Sponsors