Become a Patron!

Geekvape (Geek Vape) Ammit RTA - New Single Coil Tank

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
From what I've seen on the reviews though the juice flow has issues with high VG, 70 on up. Bubbles get stuck and is prone to dry hits with juice higher than 60 or 65 VG.

I keep my coils as close as I can get to the air in all my Tanks for better flavor.

Could be my 3.5mm standard clapton 0.6hm coil just doesn't play well that low. I'll probably
switch to a thinner wire and see how that goes close to the air holes. Using a batch
of 60vg/40pg at the moment.

Look up to post #103. No problems with 70vg for me. ;)

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...w-single-coil-tank.287587/page-3#post-1502435

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
From what I've seen on the reviews though the juice flow has issues with high VG, 70 on up. Bubbles get stuck and is prone to dry hits with juice higher than 60 or 65 VG.

I keep my coils as close as I can get to the air in all my Tanks for better flavor.

So I only mix 30/70 and 20/80 juice and I will have to say the Ammit does have a flow issue. However, I think I might be able to get around that with adding a tad bit of purified water to my mixes to thin it out some. I'm really pushing to get my mixes to max VG because I don't like PG.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I only mix 30/70 and 20/80 juice and I will have to say the Ammit does have a flow issue. However, I think I might be able to get around that with adding a tad bit of purified water to my mixes to thin it out some. I'm really pushing to get my mixes to max VG because I don't like PG.
Got mine earlier this week and have been vaping on it for a few days now, went through about 4 tanks with 75vg/25pg and have not experienced any wicking issues so far. Thing I do though that may be different than others is I do not wet my cotton while I'm placing it. I place my cotton dry and make sure it's fluffed in place. Once I do that I will prime it, fire it a few times, then fill the tank and Vape.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I place my cotton dry and make sure it's fluffed in place. Once I do that I will prime it, fire it a few times, then fill the tank and Vape.
Exact same thing I'm doing (see pics above). I'm really only had issues a couple of times, so it may just be that my wicking thickness is a bit off. The only other issue i've see is sometimes ... not all the time, the air bubble will get "stuck" in the juice flow channel and stay there. That is when I notice I get a dry hit after two hits on it, and when the juice is "cold". If the juice is warmed up it moves without issue. I have to tilt the tank for a few seconds to get the bubble to move out and juice to go into the channel. I'm still really loving this tank though. I've probably put near 60-90ml of juice through it and multiple different coil builds and sizes. All have done really well.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exact same thing I'm doing (see pics above). I'm really only had issues a couple of times, so it may just be that my wicking thickness is a bit off. The only other issue i've see is sometimes ... not all the time, the air bubble will get "stuck" in the juice flow channel and stay there. That is when I notice I get a dry hit after two hits on it, and when the juice is "cold". If the juice is warmed up it moves without issue. I have to tilt the tank for a few seconds to get the bubble to move out and juice to go into the channel. I'm still really loving this tank though. I've probably put near 60-90ml of juice through it and multiple different coil builds and sizes. All have done really well.

Yeah I can see this, I haven't taken my Ammit out yet, I've just been Vaping it at home. It's winter and it's been cold here in Seattle and have noticed my tanks having an issue keeping up when I'm out. Example my Kayfun V5 I have to give it at least another twist or two of the juice flow, if I don't I get dry hits. This is only when I'm out and about, once inside where it's warm no issue.

Think of it like people having issues with flooding with their Tanks during the summer.

Edit: I fat fingered it, I have a V5 "not" V4.

Last edited:

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm loving the Ammit. Just picked one up yesterday at a local shop here in Canada. Finally able to wick an RTA lol. I have always had problems wicking. Seem to always do it wrong. I'm using some High VG. It's around 80. No problems at all but this tank can really drink. Have it running on my Alien. Extremely happy. First time poster long time lurker

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to VU @DX9 --- Combo of the Alien with the Ammit tank and it will give you a very good vape, with many different coil options (even being only single coil).

Reactions: DX9
Got the Ammit 22m a few days ago from a local shop. My first RTA using it on the istick pico.
I got leaking issues from the airholes, but this goes away after vaping a bit or if i use more cotton.
I wick somewhat similar to the Bolton guy's pictures.

My main issue is that there seems to be trouble wicking with a high VG juice, i use about 90+. The bubbles stay near the juice flow channel.
The issue isnt though from what i understand the clearance between the chimney and the glass tank because once the bubbles are released they go straight up, somewhat slow but they get out of the way.
There seems to be an issue with the pressure inside the tank and the top cap. When i unscrew the top cap all the bubbles in the flow control channel come out and straight up pretty fast.

Anyway so bottom line, the leaking can be fixed or circumvented. I havent found a way to make the bubbles flow freely and i have tried decreasing the flow control so they are formed smaller, still doesnt do much. Maybe i will experiment with different wicking methods but i doubt it will do much.
Probably high VG wont work on it well.

I am kind of annoyed by this, especially the major leaking i had from the airholes when i tried wicking it differntly to ease the juice flow and wicking speed.

I am going to order a serpent mini 22mm and be done with it probably.

Have you guys found any solution with the bubbles issue?

Also what should me second RTA be? I want something for good flavour, no leaking and direct lung, single coil also. Heard good things about the serpent, merlin, mage, avocado RTA's. And since the youtube reviews are not so honest i would like your opinions.

Thanks

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See I have the Serpent Mini also. I gotta be wicking that thing wrong then. Checked a few videos and tried different ways. It either has too much juice and lots of spitting or it's dry burnt hits. With the Ammit it's been perfect. Don't know

DX9, have you had issues on the ammit with max VG? Dont those bubbles that stay at the bottom slow your wicking?

Also i havent figured out yet if the coil is supposed to be at the bottom near the air vent or sit up high in the air.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I'm on High VG. At like 80%. I have some new 70/30 coming tomorrow and gonna try that also. I've been using Clapton 26/32 with Cotton Bacon V2. Bubbles do come up but come up slowly.

chief63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
70% VG no wicking issues. I overstuffed it the first time, but no issues after that.
c0e5b2ebd310d32da6464cffbdb4c88c.jpg

I rewicked mine and tried several different things.

First lifted the coil higher in the air from the bottom air shaft so its in line with the diagonal side air shaft. [Just to try hitting the coil differently, not sure what height is optimal here]
Then I cut a smaller strip of cotton about 1cm in width, and removed the top layer so i just kept the softer part. Cut it so it barely reaches the juice flow canals on the outside [will reach the juice hole easier though as its closer from the inside], then really made the cotton ends fluffy and gently put them in the juice wells.
Juiced it and heated the coil so it soaks more juice, then again tucked the cotton in the well [so the tank wont push it when i screw it on] put the tank on, closed both airflow and juiceflow, filled it with juice, tightened aircap.
Then slowly opened juice flow and last the airflow.
No leaking at all, and faster wicking. The bubbles are slowly released but without any issues or bubble stacking like before.
Still using max VG juice and vaping it relatively high [0.8 ohms at 28 watts] without dry taste.

From what i understand its not about the juice hole diameter or the space between the tank and the chimney or the fluid viscosity.
Its more of a vacuum/pressure issue. By wicking more or less you change the pressure inside the tank, also when you close the tank with the airflow and juiceflow also closed seems to interact with the pressure in the tank somehow.

Proof that its a pressure issue. When you have bubbles stacking at the bottom and you alleviate the pressure by loosening or removing the top cap they all go straight up, all other parameters being equal. So the tank works at 1 atmosphere of pressure well. You just have to close it without compressing the liquid.

Reading on forums about the Griffin of geekvape which works on similar principles and the issues they are having, seems a lot of people agree its a pressure issue that causes leaking and bubbles at the bottom.

The juice flow channel more or less open as well might influence bubble formation [smaller bubbles and more of them] which might help with faster wicking. I haven't concluded on that yet.

Also i am using a spaced coil [fused clapton] which some say wicks faster than contact coils.

I like the airflow for direct lung and the flavour, not so bad of an RTA as i initially thought. It just seems tricky to properly set up.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the Ammit 22m a few days ago from a local shop. My first RTA using it on the istick pico.
I got leaking issues from the airholes, but this goes away after vaping a bit or if i use more cotton.
I wick somewhat similar to the Bolton guy's pictures.

My main issue is that there seems to be trouble wicking with a high VG juice, i use about 90+. The bubbles stay near the juice flow channel.
The issue isnt though from what i understand the clearance between the chimney and the glass tank because once the bubbles are released they go straight up, somewhat slow but they get out of the way.
There seems to be an issue with the pressure inside the tank and the top cap. When i unscrew the top cap all the bubbles in the flow control channel come out and straight up pretty fast.

Anyway so bottom line, the leaking can be fixed or circumvented. I havent found a way to make the bubbles flow freely and i have tried decreasing the flow control so they are formed smaller, still doesnt do much. Maybe i will experiment with different wicking methods but i doubt it will do much.
Probably high VG wont work on it well.

I am kind of annoyed by this, especially the major leaking i had from the airholes when i tried wicking it differntly to ease the juice flow and wicking speed.

I am going to order a serpent mini 22mm and be done with it probably.

Have you guys found any solution with the bubbles issue?

Also what should me second RTA be? I want something for good flavour, no leaking and direct lung, single coil also. Heard good things about the serpent, merlin, mage, avocado RTA's. And since the youtube reviews are not so honest i would like your opinions.

Thanks
90+ VG, damn son ...
Honestly if you like to Vape that high of VG I'd stick with Genni style for a tank. My favorite is the VGod Trick Tank Pro, I may be getting a Avocado 24 with the bottom air flow. Personally for me flavor is way to muted with anything above 80VG and it tastes like soap.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
I've had the same issues with wicking high VG. Perhaps the type of juice (sweet???) contributes. If I do use high VG I just wait for the bubbles to clear. The Griffin 25 Plus is a similar design but with much longer juice channels. Dual coil but it also includes a stopper so you can single coil it. Haven't tried that yet. I can pretty much chain vape that thing with any juice. Reminds me of the Boreas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm just holding off for a 24-25 version also. Same with the new Merlin that is coming out. I just like a wider, lower profile for a tank. 22mm is not my thing. The last 22mm I bought is the Merlin original. That will be the last one I buy of that size.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I only use the 22mm on my PICO mods now. My Alien and RS200s get the rest.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
<<<<< doesn't own a PICO, but thinks they are really cool little mods!

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my new ejuice yesterday and got 70% VG instead of Max VG I was on. Big difference and bubbles flowing out much quicker and even better flavour now. Running .57 Ohms on a Clapton at 30 Watts

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my new ejuice yesterday and got 70% VG instead of Max VG I was on. Big difference and bubbles flowing out much quicker and even better flavour now. Running .57 Ohms on a Clapton at 30 Watts

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can I ask what kind of clapton you're using?

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
26ga (Ni80) + 32ga (KA1)
Is that single core? How does Ni80 compare to kanthal when it comes to ramp up? I'm trying to find a build for this tank for around 30 watts, but claptons all seem to take too long to heat up.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Geekvape is getting ready to put out the 24-25mm Ammit. I figured they would. They show it on their FB page asking if we would want it 24 or 25mm. I would like the 25 with some extra space between the glass and chamber.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Geekvape is getting ready to put out the 24-25mm Ammit. I figured they would. They show it on their FB page asking if we would want it 24 or 25mm. I would like the 25 with some extra space between the glass and chamber.
Hell ya!!! 24 or 25 is fine by me!

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm so addicted to this hobby that I went and picked up the Griffen 25 Plus also today lol. She's a beauty but big. Really liking the GeekVape products.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that single core? How does Ni80 compare to kanthal when it comes to ramp up? I'm trying to find a build for this tank for around 30 watts, but claptons all seem to take too long to heat up.

It's does take a bit for the ramp up. It's a single core

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been experimenting single and dual builds with ni80 including not only single wires but also claptons core+2 no kanthal at all on the strands

and all I can say is miles better than kanthal - while not on ss level ramp up is way faster and the most important - tastes much better to me

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just can't get myself to vape with ni wire of any kind. Maybe it is fine, just got this thing about vaping that much nickel

That's just me.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just can't get myself to vape with ni wire of any kind. Maybe it is fine, just got this thing about vaping that much nickel

That's just me.
Haha yeah I feel the same way about Nickel. After reading up a bit on it I decided to put it aside and stick to Nichrome, Kanthal and SS. I'm not big into Temperature Control but if I wished to, the Hohm Slice TC's anything ;)

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, was reading up on this in another forum. Not sure how much to take as fact or be of concern. I almost never use TC anyway. Kanthal or SS is all I use.

NiChrome (Nickle-Chromium w/ some trace elements possible like iron)- 65 (D).

Not only was it the first material vapers used for resistance wire, was the first documented material used for creating heat through electrical resistance back in 1905. It gets a very low grade on safety because it combines two metals with known issues. Nickel is a known carcinogen with other issues (will get to it), and as mentioned early Chromium Hexavalent is as well. It has a high melting point (2550 degrees F), but it doesn't do it a lot of good in real world applications because of how soft the alloy is. 32g nichrome will “pop” easier than 32g kanthal, SS, or Ti. That’s not to say it doesn't have its uses. For low wattage/temperature vaping you shouldn’t have any real issues. It has a lower resistance than the 3 mentioned before it, making it good for a heat sink material on some more exotic coil builds (think Clapton). It is also very flexible. For high wattage vapers or those sensitive to nickel can not suggest using it though.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, was reading up on this in another forum. Not sure how much to take as fact or be of concern. I almost never use TC anyway. Kanthal or SS is all I use.

NiChrome (Nickle-Chromium w/ some trace elements possible like iron)- 65 (D).

Not only was it the first material vapers used for resistance wire, was the first documented material used for creating heat through electrical resistance back in 1905. It gets a very low grade on safety because it combines two metals with known issues. Nickel is a known carcinogen with other issues (will get to it), and as mentioned early Chromium Hexavalent is as well. It has a high melting point (2550 degrees F), but it doesn't do it a lot of good in real world applications because of how soft the alloy is. 32g nichrome will “pop” easier than 32g kanthal, SS, or Ti. That’s not to say it doesn't have its uses. For low wattage/temperature vaping you shouldn’t have any real issues. It has a lower resistance than the 3 mentioned before it, making it good for a heat sink material on some more exotic coil builds (think Clapton). It is also very flexible. For high wattage vapers or those sensitive to nickel can not suggest using it though.
That is indeed an interesting read. I've also read up that with Nichrome you get all differenr qualities and types. Some for example are Ni80, Ni60 etc. Since its an alloy, I've also seen stuff like NiCr80 (NiKrothal). I think different NiChrome will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Interesting for sure. But, honestly, I don't know shit about wire, or chemistry so take it for what it's worth. I know that as far as "safety ratings" I think it is Titanium, SS, Kanthal, and on down the line. But used in our applications (coils/vaping) I don't think there has been enough time to actually study the real risks or lack of. We ARE the study! LOL

Im having a weird / bad taste issue, is not like a dry hit or burned cotton, like i get in other tanks when not wicking well, I run it at different wattages, adjust the airflow, and i get a weird taste, hard to explain, i already washed all the pieces with water and soap in case it was leftover oils or something from the factory, but cant solve this, im using a regular kanthal coil 0.5ohms and firing around 20-25watts, anyone has experienced this? ( the same bottle of juice in different tanks doesnt give that odd flavor)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Im having a weird / bad taste issue, is not like a dry hit or burned cotton, like i get in other tanks when not wicking well, I run it at different wattages, adjust the airflow, and i get a weird taste, hard to explain, i already washed all the pieces with water and soap in case it was leftover oils or something from the factory, but cant solve this, im using a regular kanthal coil 0.5ohms and firing around 20-25watts, anyone has experienced this? ( the same bottle of juice in different tanks doesnt give that odd flavor)
maybe it's the wire?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I installed a new coil, with the same wire that I've been using for the past months and haven't got that problem :(
that's weird. usually a funny flavor would suggest
1) bad wire or wire needs cleaning (checked)
2) new tank/dirty tank, needs to be cleaned (checked)
3) bad juice (checked)
4) bad wick - do you wash your hands before touching the cotton, have you tried the cotton in other builds? maybe it got contaminated?

outside of that IDK what else to try. Also are you sure you washed all the soap out?

Yes, i dont know what else to try, i have also a subtank mini and i use the same cotton and the same wire,, i rinsed the ammit very well after the soap, im going to try to rinse it all again and change cotton and wire to see if anything changes, and maybe try with a different e liquid

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes, i dont know what else to try, i have also a subtank mini and i use the same cotton and the same wire,, i rinsed the ammit very well after the soap, im going to try to rinse it all again and change cotton and wire to see if anything changes, and maybe try with a different e liquid
good luck. let me know if you figure it out

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question. When wicked properly, has anyone experienced leakage when the ammit is on its side or in a pocket?

HD

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Question. When wicked properly, has anyone experienced leakage when the ammit is on its side or in a pocket?

I have not. My wife even leaves it in her purse, it falls over in the bottom of that massive BAG she caries. No leak.

EDIT: I have "trained" her to close the juice flow control EVERY TIME though. A good pre-caution.

Last edited:

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have not. My wife even leaves it in her purse, it falls over in the bottom of that massive BAG she caries. No leak.

EDIT: I have "trained" her to close the juice flow control EVERY TIME though. A good pre-caution.
Thanks. Ordered one today. Looking forward to it. I use 50/50 juice ratio so it should wick fine.

HD

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I would soak it in vodka for about 30 minutes, then rinse it with warm/hot water. Sometimes dish soap can really get into the smallest places and just continue to contaminate flavor for some time. If you do put it in the vodka bath...remove the o-rings before hand.

Bigjay1978

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So after a very frustrating couple weeks with the ammit, I finally have it wicked right where I don't get dry hits. I saw a YouTube reviewer made a video addressing alot of the comments about this tank not wicking well with higher vg juice. Can't remember his name, but wicked mine the same way he did and it works very well now. You really can't use much cotton at all. I keep checking this thing because I would swear juice would just dump out the air control slots but it doesn't. I've rewicked it 3 times now and about 70 mls of juice so far. No leaks, no dry hits. I'm glad I didn't give up on this thing,flavor is great. I'll try and post the link k to the video.

VU Sponsors