Become a Patron!

Geekvape (Geek Vape) Ammit RTA - New Single Coil Tank

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So after a very frustrating couple weeks with the ammit, I finally have it wicked right where I don't get dry hits. I saw a YouTube reviewer made a video addressing alot of the comments about this tank not wicking well with higher vg juice. Can't remember his name, but wicked mine the same way he did and it works very well now. You really can't use much cotton at all. I keep checking this thing because I would swear juice would just dump out the air control slots but it doesn't. I've rewicked it 3 times now and about 70 mls of juice so far. No leaks, no dry hits. I'm glad I didn't give up on this thing,flavor is great. I'll try and post the link k to the video.

Glad to here another person enjoying this rta, I mix and vape at only 40pg/60vg and use quite a large amount of cotton in mine but still no leaks and wicks great, and also the flavour I get from this rta is fantastic.
But I would be interested in seeing how this reviewer has wicked up this rta with just a small amount of cotton, so hope you mange to find the link for this video. :)

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So after a very frustrating couple weeks with the ammit, I finally have it wicked right where I don't get dry hits. I saw a YouTube reviewer made a video addressing alot of the comments about this tank not wicking well with higher vg juice. Can't remember his name, but wicked mine the same way he did and it works very well now. You really can't use much cotton at all. I keep checking this thing because I would swear juice would just dump out the air control slots but it doesn't. I've rewicked it 3 times now and about 70 mls of juice so far. No leaks, no dry hits. I'm glad I didn't give up on this thing,flavor is great. I'll try and post the link k to the video.
if you watched it while logged in to your youtube/gmail account it should show up in your feed history - https://www.youtube.com/feed/history

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my ammit today. Cleaned it, built a SS coil and wicked it up. So far it is working great.

HD

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I put my Ammit aside for awhile and just started using it again.

Only leaks I've experience were minor and from the AFC, because
of low juice levels.

Currently using a 3mm inner diameter 0.5ohm spaced Stainless Steel
clapton coil (Standard SS UD clapton wire) with KGD cotton. No dry hits
and I'd like to point out that I raise the wick ends a bit so they lightly touch
the juice holes and are not pressed against. E-Juice 65%-70%vg.

Originally found the vape a bit harsh, but a drop in flavoring levels seems
to have cured that (Kanger Subtank Mini's I normally use require extra
flavoring in my DIY).

Last edited:

aabbas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you suggest a coil building using SS316L, just simple round coil.
Also I am using 80vg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you guys running these ss builds in tc or wattage mode? I'm still struggling to find a non-clapton build that I'm happy with.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally got my Ammit a couple days ago and so far I like it. I put in a simple 24ga kanthal coil, 0.42 and wicked with some Muji cotton. So far so good, it's wicking fine, but I do get a touch dryish hit after serious chain vaping, but think a bit less cotton will cure that. The flavor is good, maybe not quite as good as my Merlins, but the Merlin that was on that mod seeped and drove me nutz. I love the build deck and airflow.

While it seems to be wicking fine, I do get some giant bubbles coming from the wicking slots. I think the bubbles get trapped and build up under the large slit before releasing. I think a little bit of an angle under the deck would help the bubbles release easier.

I do like it so far and is a suitable replacement tank for my SMY SDNA75, until of course, OBS makes the new single coil Engine Nano in a 23mm size.

ammit2_zpsfxipvbkk.jpg

ammit5_zpspq8th0w3.jpg

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using a SS316 Elite, .40 Ohms, 70VG and hitting 400F in TC Mode on my DNA and it is perfect. Just rewicked 10 min ago. Great single coil tank

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Still waiting for mine to show up:wait:...I plan to do a standard 28g wrapped in 36g Clapton as my first coil..Wicking looks simple enough...Im not sure stuffing cotton inside the holes would be a good choice..it looks to work best just having a nice fluff of cotton touching the deck and letting it soak it up as needed...I make my DIY juices at around 95vg 5 pg so, ill see how well it can wick the thick stuff.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can you suggest a coil building using SS316L, just simple round coil.
Also I am using 80vg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

70vg

Just put together a 0.6ohm coil (Not spaced, 3mm inner diameter, 24g SS316L around 9 wraps)

Working nicely although a little airy for my liking. Will open it up later, push the coil closer to the
air holes and see if that adds a bit of restriction.

Wick ends lightly touching the juice holes. No dry hits so far.

Are you guys running these ss builds in tc or wattage mode? I'm still struggling to find a non-clapton build that I'm happy with.

Wattage mode mainly

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone else noticed that having the coil directly over the bottom airflow slots means that only part of the coil has access to the chimney above it? I mean when you look down through the driptip, the coil is only partially visible where as on every other rta you can see the whole coil. I wonder if this is affecting the flavour at all.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone else noticed that having the coil directly over the bottom airflow slots means that only part of the coil has access to the chimney above it? I mean when you look down through the driptip, the coil is only partially visible where as on every other rta you can see the whole coil. I wonder if this is affecting the flavour at all.
That is actually helping keep any spitback from the coil hitting your tongue and/or mouth. That will not hinder the flavor. You want the coil directly over the slotted airhole in the deck to provide the direct air going across the coil.

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is actually helping keep any spitback from the coil hitting your tongue and/or mouth. That will not hinder the flavor. You want the coil directly over the slotted airhole in the deck to provide the direct air going across the coil.
It hasn't helped with spit back in my experience. Just something I noticed.

Also, would you mind having a look at my Ammit thread that you posted in, I responded to your post with a few queries.

Having read some of your earlier posts in this thread, how would you say your 26ga twisted 4.5 wrap build compares to the 24ga ss 9.5(?) Wrap build you were using previously, I was just about to give a ss build a try.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also, would you mind having a look at my Ammit thread that you posted in, I responded to your post with a few queries.
Having read some of your earlier posts in this thread
Ya, let me go find it again.

how would you say your 26ga twisted 4.5 wrap build compares to the 24ga ss 9.5(?) Wrap build you were using previously, I was just about to give a ss build a try
I personally prefer SS wire over Kanthal. They are both near the same ohm coil, but you will get more cotton / coil surface coverage on the SS due to the # of wraps. The SS wire will also heat up faster.

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ya, let me go find it again.

I personally prefer SS wire over Kanthal. They are both near the same ohm coil, but you will get more cotton / coil surface coverage on the SS due to the # of wraps. The SS wire will also heat up faster.
So out of the twisted 4.5 wrap build and a ss 24ga 9/10 wrap 3mm, you would go with the ss build for staying under 35 watts?

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I
It should be a 26g twisted to come in at the same approx ohm as the kanthal
I'm referring to a simple round 24ga ss build that you said you were using earlier in this thread, I'm asking how it compares to the 26ga twisted ni80 build.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I
I'm referring to a simple round 24ga ss build that you said you were using earlier in this thread, I'm asking how it compares to the 26ga twisted ni80 build.
Well, SS over Ni80 all day for me. I really don't like the taste of Ni80 wire. Some people (that would include me) can taste the difference in wire. Kanthal wire I can kinda taste, very briefly. Ni80 wire has a very strong metal taste to me. SS wire I taste nothing but juice.

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, SS over Ni80 all day for me. I really don't like the taste of Ni80 wire. Some people (that would include me) can taste the difference in wire. Kanthal wire I can kinda taste, very briefly. Ni80 wire has a very strong metal taste to me. SS wire I taste nothing but juice.
I'm talking about build for build, a twisted 26ga 4.5 wrap or a contact 24ga 9.5 wrap, which did you find better for flavour?

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just put a ss contact build in my merlin and it's somehow dry hitting at 30 watts. I pulled the wick out and it had literally broken..
Tried a new coil and it's still dry hitting right from the start..

I've only used ss contact a couple of times. Ive heard it's prone to hotspots but the coil was glowing from the center out. The 2nd wick looked collapsed in the middle, maybe I saturated it too much? I have no idea why it's doing this.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just put a ss contact build in my merlin and it's somehow dry hitting at 30 watts. I pulled the wick out and it had literally broken..
Tried a new coil and it's still dry hitting right from the start..

I've only used ss contact a couple of times. Ive heard it's prone to hotspots but the coil was glowing from the center out. The 2nd wick looked collapsed in the middle, maybe I saturated it too much? I have no idea why it's doing this.
You have a serious hotspot in that coil. SS coils need to be prep'd just like all other coils. Start out at low wattage (10W) to prep them. step up by 5 watts.

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You have a serious hotspot in that coil. SS coils need to be prep'd just like all other coils. Start out at low wattage (10W) to prep them. step up by 5 watts.

I put it on my geekvape tab, I've seen people using tabs for ss so I assumed it wasn't a problem. I can't see any hot spots even after taking the wick out and firing it.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That had to be some serious heat to burn that cotton in half, or there was absolutely no juice in that cotton.

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That had to be some serious heat to burn that cotton in half, or there was absolutely no juice in that cotton.
There were no burn marks on either wicks, so Im clueless. I'm running in wattage mode by the way. I've had a ss coil in my Ammit in the past, perhaps it's the wicking on the merlin, but it's a pretty simple design.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There were no burn marks on either wicks, so Im clueless. I'm running in wattage mode by the way. I've had a ss coil in my Ammit in the past, perhaps it's the wicking on the merlin, but it's a pretty simple design.
Ok ok ... so you were getting dry hits @ 30W. When you pulled the cotton out it was "literally broken". You said it had no burn marks.

That tells me you tore it in half while trying to pull it out. You had WAY to much cotton in that coil / atty.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't had any problems at all with my Ammit. I had Max VG where I buy my liquid from and the flavour was alright. Wasn't the greatest. Switched over to 70VG and the flav is much better on the Ammit now. I have now switched the Ammit from clapton to SS316 and put it on my new Therion vaping in TC and the thing is amazing. Amazing vape right now on the DNA.

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
70vg

Just put together a 0.6ohm coil (Not spaced, 3mm inner diameter, 24g SS316L around 9 wraps)

Working nicely although a little airy for my liking. Will open it up later, push the coil closer to the
air holes and see if that adds a bit of restriction.
How far above the airflow do you have your coil? Also interested in other peoples thoughts on this. I have mine between 1-2mm above the bottom slots. I'm thinking this might be too close since the airflow feels quite restricted - more than I feel it should - when just dry pulling on the tank.

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Regarding simple contact ss builds, I'm having a hard time establishing how many wraps to use for running in wattage mode. From what i've read, around 8.5-10.5 wraps around 3mm for 30-40 watts is the ballpark. What would work best at 30-35?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Regarding simple contact ss builds, I'm having a hard time establishing how many wraps to use for running in wattage mode. From what i've read, around 8.5-10.5 wraps around 3mm for 30-40 watts is the ballpark. What would work best at 30-35?
.05ohm range for 30-35 watts ... For me anyways.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.05ohm range for 30-35 watts ... For me anyways.

Could you give me an exact wrap count? I'm using 10.5 at the moment but was about to try 9.5. It seems a lot of mass for this kind of wattage.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
26 AWG, 8 wraps, .51ohms, SS316L, 2.5mm diameter. Can vape fine right now at 30 watts. Just switched from TC to wattage for the last 10 min

Last edited:

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
8 wraps, .51ohms, SS316L, 2.5mm diameter. Can vape fine right now at 30 watts. Just switched from TC to wattage for the last 10 min
I'm using 24ga. Personally I wouldn't use anything thinner past 25 watts. That sounds like a very hot vape?

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey all, quick question about wicking and the bubbles.

Im only getting a bubble from one side, is this ok?

Im not experiencing any dry hits on a .54ohm coil at 48w, but did want to ask as I always understood that bubbles should come from both sides?

Thanks in advance!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Bubbles take the path of least resistance..None of my tanks give an air bubble out of all the holes..It might change which hole the bubble comes from but never have I seen all of them bubble up and release the bubble at the same time...as long as you aren't getting dry hits its wicking just fine.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Im not experiencing any dry hits on a .54ohm coil at 48w, but did want to ask as I always understood that bubbles should come from both sides?

Thanks in advance!
Both of my Ammit tanks do that exact same thing. As long as I'm not dry hitting then I vape on!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Thanks in advance!
Quick thing. What do water and electricity have in common? They both take the path of least resistance ;) it's fine for 1 side to bubble. Actually I'd say that's more common then both sides. The air squeezes out the quickest way it can ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even though I have bought some more RTAs after the Ammit I still use it daily. Amazing single coil RTA. Trying out a 24AWG SS316L slightly spaced, .38 Ohms and TC at 410F. Nice clouds and honestly just a great flav.

6d4a4d9f0ab5d3f66bed7c4730929e22.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone heard anything about the ammit clone? I spotted one on fasttech and not trying to stir controversy over clones vs authentic. I do give them props for not copying the 'ammit' logo (the chamber is unmarked so clearly a clone).

What caught my eye was in the measurements listed in the specs. The authentic being 22mm diameter, the clone is 23mm. Not a huge departure but I wondered if maybe the clone added a little more space between the glass and chamber since many have said there's not much room for air bubble to escape. 1mm isn't a huge difference, it's not like they made a 24mm. More curious than anything.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GeekVape is making a 24mm or 25mm Ammit. It was on Facebook not too long ago with Geekvape asking what people wanted. Wait till after the Chinese New Year for more

Honestly though I use 70VG in this Ammit and the flav is amazing. Don't know if it's cause I switched from Watts to TC now since I got a Therion DNA but as of right now my Ammit is kicking the shit out of my Serpent Mini, Griffen 25 Plus and yesterday's new OBS Engine. Today is all back and forth trying my OBS Engine and Ammit and it's been no contest. Rebuilt them all today with same SS316L 24 Gauge wire.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's too bad they're not going to be available until after. Planning on ordering some stuff during the sale. The ammit may work fine for me, I don't chain vape the hell out of my vape like some folks I've seen. No back to back to back 4-5 sec pulls. My juice tends to run between 65 and 85 vg. Can't say I blame them though, I wouldn't want the initial release of my product landing in the middle of a huge sale.

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even though I have bought some more RTAs after the Ammit I still use it daily. Amazing single coil RTA. Trying out a 24AWG SS316L slightly spaced, .38 Ohms and TC at 410F. Nice clouds and honestly just a great flav.

What kind of wattage are you pulling at 410F with that build? 7.5 wraps right?

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
40 Watts. It's only for like a second or two since it hits 410F pretty fast and then wattage is cut in half pretty much. Yes pretty much 7.5 wraps

VU Sponsors