Become a Patron!

Geekvape (Geek Vape) Ammit RTA - New Single Coil Tank

vapemesilly

Member For 4 Years
I just received the Ammit. I've only been using it for 2 days so far but at this point, I love it. Great flavor. Easy to build on. I've been using the Kanger Subtank Mini RBA. Going to mothball that. The Ammit gets two big thumbs up from so far.

:coffee2:

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received the Ammit. I've only been using it for 2 days so far but at this point, I love it. Great flavor. Easy to build on. I've been using the Kanger Subtank Mini RBA. Going to mothball that. The Ammit gets two big thumbs up from so far.

:coffee2:
Want to play around with a duel coil rebuildable, Griffin 25 Plus is basicly the same but a duel coil. Both Gr8 tanks. CHEERS!

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That may be true but very misleading. Side airflow to me is when the coil is in front of an AFC hole on the side of the tank. It draws the air directly from the side. That's not the case with this tank since technically the the inlet and outlet for the airflow is via the top of the tank. Hence the top airflow.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

When you take the base off for coiling you can see that the incoming air goes down to the 'exits' along side the coil. Separate from the exit/vape.
It's a nice design.

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm still playing around with coil positioning on this tank. Surprisingly I just found that raising it slightly so it lines up with the top of the posts is giving me slightly improved flavour. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Also, anyone have any simple build recommendations? I still can't settle on anything.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still playing around with coil positioning on this tank. Surprisingly I just found that raising it slightly so it lines up with the top of the posts is giving me slightly improved flavour. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Also, anyone have any simple build recommendations? I still can't settle on anything.

Buddy I still don't know why you are going into this RTA this much ever since you got it. I have put in Kanthal, SS316L and Claptons. I just build, wick and forget. Flavour is perfect for me. Maybe try another RTA?

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Buddy I still don't know why you are going into this RTA this much ever since you got it. I have put in Kanthal, SS316L and Claptons. I just build, wick and forget. Flavour is perfect for me. Maybe try another RTA?
It's not just this RTA, trust me. I have an obsessive personality which really isn't helpful when it comes to building since there are so many variables. I find it impossible to trust my own judgement and have a tendency to think 'I might be able to get more out of this tank/juice with another build'. I have two of these tanks with the exact same juice in with different builds, and I can't tell you which I prefer. You wouldn't believe the amount of searching I do to come up with builds used by a majority of people to try and avoid this. I'm aware of how I probably come across, but I can guarantee it's not as irritating for you as it is for me.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone tried the OBS engine nano? As far as single coil tanks go, I'm surprised not to hear more coverage of it considering how popular the original was.
I should be getting an OBS Nano soon. I really like both the original Engine and Mini, so I'm really looking forward to a single coil version. I'll make sure and leave a review after I get it.

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
interesting!
hehe looks like a gv employee covert op at low light lol

anyways from what it looks at about 2:48 the wick channel holes seem the same diameter as the old ones so it prob its a no go for me too much of an assle to fix and dremel them. But maybe improved glass space helps on faster juice flow that´s anyone guess.

also I confess I´m a bit tired of big kidney fill holes. too much air pressure. that´s what I like about the smok babies and such (hate to admit somehow lol) the kidney is small but fits most the bottle tops I know - it has some rubber flexibility, and side closing will always inject less air than full on top pressure.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my ammit finally, pretty happy with it. No dry hits or issues with wicking, maybe because I'm using 65vg/35pg juice with it so not as thick as some. I was a bit surprised at how light it is and how thin the materials are. Especially the chamber walls, compared to my bachelor tank the metal is really thin.

Think I'm gonna have to figure out a different pair of wire nippers though. Close as I could trim the tails of the coil leads they still poke out slightly and tried to get hung up on the chamber wall as I put the tank on. Using it with a 4mm id coil of staggered fused clapton with 5 wraps, nice flavor. Can't say I'm disappointed, overall it's a nice design and seems to be working well.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was able to play with mine some more..Tried a few variations of coil and Internal diameter as well as height from the air flow holes..I think I found a happy medium...Im still buying and trying some others before I decide on what I like best.

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was able to play with mine some more..Tried a few variations of coil and Internal diameter as well as height from the air flow holes..I think I found a happy medium...Im still buying and trying some others before I decide on what I like best.
Mind sharing what you've found working best when it comes to coils/coil placement? I'm still playing around with mine.

Wow this thing is really a dissapointing piece of crap (for me)

At least a couple of times a day it gets stuck so i can't dissasemble it the normal way.

Instead the chamber unscrews from the top part and 'im left with this: the build deck stuck to the chamber and damn near impossible to remove.

The only way i succeded to remove it was by drying it and then using rubber bands to get a tight grip.

Why do i have to dissasemble it? To rewick it of course, because of the dry hits...

Any tips?
Did you found out a way to unscrew it easier? This happens to me aswell.. I think this mf it was the hardest thing to unscrew in my whole life. Im really disappointed if I have to spend 1 hour and cut all over my hands just to open this up.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mind sharing what you've found working best when it comes to coils/coil placement? I'm still playing around with mine.
I found a simple SS316L 10 wrap (3mm i.d) spaced coil to work for me with the coil sort of between the center air flow and the side air flow so the coil isn't directly over the center hole per say...Im just splitting the air flow to work as side air flow from both sides in a sense...So, the bottom air flow favors more of the side of the coil towards the posts but some flowing under it and the side air flow hitting the other side but not directly under it..Air hitting 3 sides I suppose with how I placed the coil......Im still playing with it and trying new things..so far it hasn't been my favorite single coil tank but im giving it every possible chance before moving on to something else...I have more coils to try and also playing with dfferent drip tips..Alot of people overlook drip tips and it can make a big difference in flavor on a lot of different tanks and RDA,s.

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
^thanks. Are you running that in TC mode? That's the same kind of coil placement i've started using where the coil is further back and not centered over the bottom airflow to allow for the side af to make contact. Originally I think I had it too low just focusing on getting it close to the bottom airflow, but my coils weren't big enough to catch the side airflow so it just ends up drawing air past the coil into the chamber and diluting the flavour. The alternative position is to raise the coil quite high above the bottom airflow so its guaranteed to get exposed to both intakes. I think this would probably be worse for flavour though since most tanks seem to benefit from the coil being as close to the airflow holes as possible.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A couple additional thoughts on the ammit, one being the posts. They're really close to the edge of the threads that the chimney screws down onto. Apparently trimming the ends of the coil leads, close doesn't cut it and still only applies to horseshoes and hand grenades. Any tiny bit of the coil legs sticking past the post is an issue. Mine arced and caused a tiny pin dot of discoloration and a rough spot on the inside of the chimney. Far as I can tell the leads have to just barely be inserted and the very end captured under the post screw.

The other issue being the finish like the edges of the juice flow holes/slots in the chimney portion. They're rough and when threaded down in place with a completed build it can be a real bitch to get the tank to unscrew from the deck. Had to take some fine grit sand paper to it and wet sand it to smooth the burs out.

Don't get me wrong because I still like the ammit overall but it's my first more widely known 'authentic' rta. Technically the bachelor is also even though ehpro was more known for their clones. Everyone raves about authentics and given the fan following of geekvape I expected a little more I suppose. The machining is no better than multiple clones of other tanks and is the only one I've had to take measures to correct via sanding or modification. The tobeco kfv4, kfv5, coppervape gt3, kf mini v3, avocado 24 clone, none have required me to finish fine tuning them so they would perform basic things like the tank screwing down or unscrewing from the deck.

Maybe I got a dud but thus far 'authentics' haven't impressed me over clones. If it weren't for the fact it takes so long for FT orders to come in I'd pick up an ammit clone out of curiosity to see if the machining is the same or actually better.

I also found out that if I put the coil lower, the flavor will be a little bit muted.
After I raised it higher, it tasted better.

For me I would love to put the coil lower because then the drip tip will not be so much hotter.
But because flavor was not 'there', I don't much have any choice other than place it higher.
I found out the air flow that coming from both side that muted the flavor. So if the coil doesn't being
'blown' by them, then the flavor kicks in.

VU Sponsors