Become a Patron!

GeekVape Nova 200w

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was checking out the new GeekVape Nova and it looks really nice. It's a dual 18650 mod made from aluminum alloy and pretty sweet looking resin panels. I believe it's using their upgraded AS chipset and they're stating 10ms firing time and has all the expected modes VW/VPC/TC/TCR/BYPASS. It's on pre-sale but should be released pretty soon. Any thoughts about this mod? Here's a couple pics
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GeekVape-NOVA-Kit.html

Coming-Soon-GeekVape-NOVA-200W-Kit_005038848339_l.jpg

1531893490_maxresdefault-920x425.jpg

https://www.geekvape.com/project/nova-kit/

There's no reviews yet, but here's a first look by GeekVape

Last edited:

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It looks pretty boxy. I never really liked holding rectangular mods in my hand.
That's the beauty of vaping. I actually like boxy designs. Can't stand things looking so rounded out. That's cool tho. You would probably get along well with the minikin 2

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my GeekVape Nova Kit from Heaven Gifts and have had it for about a week. I'm loving this kit so far. I got the silver and what they call "flare resin" and it looks great. It's a satin silver, not a fingerprint magnet and the resin panels are grooved with a slightly rubber feel and despite being kinda boxy, it feels nice. I really like the finish and grooves on the panels. It is very light, lighter than I expected, but feels very well made. All the tolerances are spot on, no rattling, gaping, the door sits perfectly flush and secure. There are several little things I really like about this mod. I like the fingernail slot to remove the door, I like the low profile buttons, clicky responsive, no play or wiggle. I love that it has a proper battery strap in the sled and the screen looks great, nice and bright and easy to read. It has a nice beefy 510 connector, I tried several different tanks and all sat fit well and flush.

It fires up fast, no delay. It has all the usual modes Power, TC, Bypass, Curves, TCR. I tried the TC mode for SS and it works great, getting a nice consistent vape. The TC works really well. I was pleasantly surprised with the Cerebus Tank, the flavor from the mesh coils is very good. I'm not usually a fan of sub ohm tanks but, I really like the performance of these mesh coils. The mesh coils are 0.20 ohm and rated for 30-90w, I've been vaping at 65w with no dry hits. I cranked to 100w, chain vaped it and it worked just fine, except for a slight nic buzz......lol The coils are also compatible with the Smok TFV8 Baby coils which is nice, mesh is the way to go with these factory coils.

Overall, it's a great kit, the mod is nice, but the tank is very nice as well. I've been vaping on it non stop this past week and it definitely earned it's way into my rotation. Here's a few pics

DKO7gPZ.jpg
sWlH6MY.jpg
OBbiLXO.jpg
OFjgonX.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like the one on the bottom row, far left; SHARP! I wonder if they have any plans to sell just the mod without the atty? And BTW, is that the same atty that they sell with the Aegis Legend? My son just got that kit, and really loves that atty, so even if I have to buy a whole kit to get this mod, I could give him the atty.

Andria

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the one on the bottom row, far left; SHARP! I wonder if they have any plans to sell just the mod without the atty? And BTW, is that the same atty that they sell with the Aegis Legend? My son just got that kit, and really loves that atty, so even if I have to buy a whole kit to get this mod, I could give him the atty.

Andria
I'm sure the mod will be available by itself. It's not the same tank, but very similar. The coils are interchangeable between the two and those mesh coils are great, I can see why he loves that vape.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Very cool. but I was thinking... I recently had to retire my blue iPV Mini, because the threads are stripped on the battery cap... so if I got one of these, I might get the blue one, so i'd still have a blue mod for all these blue driptips. :D I don't have any 2-batt mods, so it might be a good one to start with. Just got an Aegis, and other than the fact that it eats thru a 30Q like a starving wolf, I like it a great deal. So I gotta get a 26650 for it to make it a really great mod. Might get one of these Novas too. I haven't bought much vapey stuff in the last couple years. :D

Andria

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very cool. but I was thinking... I recently had to retire my blue iPV Mini, because the threads are stripped on the battery cap... so if I got one of these, I might get the blue one, so i'd still have a blue mod for all these blue driptips. :D I don't have any 2-batt mods, so it might be a good one to start with. Just got an Aegis, and other than the fact that it eats thru a 30Q like a starving wolf, I like it a great deal. So I gotta get a 26650 for it to make it a really great mod. Might get one of these Novas too. I haven't bought much vapey stuff in the last couple years. :D

Andria
Those iPV Minis were great mods. Sounds like you're overdue for a dual batt mod. MY batt life has been pretty good with the Nova and I usually use LG Chocolates or 30Qs.

bomatttt

Member For 1 Year
I was stuck in between getting the Geek Vape Nova Kit and the VooPoo Drag Box. Ended up getting the Drag Box because I didn’t need tank the Nova Kit cane with. The Nova looks really cool, and is def something I would vape on. Loving the resin panels and the different color options they have. I think the resin stuff will be coming out a lot more just bc people like it. The only thing I don’t like about my Drag Box is that the resin is only on one side. If it was on both sides, I would like it a lot better. But I do love VooPoo products. Plus, it has one of the best chipsets on the market....the “Gene” chip. Made in America. Go USA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was stuck in between getting the Geek Vape Nova Kit and the VooPoo Drag Box. Ended up getting the Drag Box because I didn’t need tank the Nova Kit cane with. The Nova looks really cool, and is def something I would vape on. Loving the resin panels and the different color options they have. I think the resin stuff will be coming out a lot more just bc people like it. The only thing I don’t like about my Drag Box is that the resin is only on one side. If it was on both sides, I would like it a lot better. But I do love VooPoo products. Plus, it has one of the best chipsets on the market....the “Gene” chip. Made in America. Go USA!

The Drag is a solid choice, it's a great mod. I like the resin panels too, glad the Nova has them on both sides. I only wish it would be removable on both sides and not just the door, to interchange panels. I have been impressed with the AS200 chip, it's been performing beautifully. If you like the Drag, I think you would like the Nova too.

Sorry, the gene chip is made in China, Woodyvapes designed it here but the chip and mod are manufactured in China. Not one part of the Drag is U.S. made.

bomatttt

Member For 1 Year
Sorry, the gene chip is made in China, Woodyvapes designed it here but the chip and mod are manufactured in China. Not one part of the Drag is U.S. made.

I’m just repeating what I heard about the product. I honestly don’t care where it’s made. Manufacture location does not affect me purchasing a product. Where did you get this information? By the way, thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors