Become a Patron!

Geekvape tengu rda review

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I received tengu rda from Geekvape for the purpose of this review.

Tengu rda colors:

- Rainbow
- Black
- Golden
- Blue
- Ss
- Gunmetal

hoqw57J.jpg

Specification:

- Dimensions: 24mm x 28.3mm
- Dual coil
- Side airflow

In the box:

- Tengu rda
- 810 drip tip
- Tools
- Cotton
- Coils
- Spare parts
- User manual
- 510 drip tip adapter
- Bf pin
- Warranty card

KeaVcpV.jpg

Tengu rda is a dual coil atomizer, height of the atomizer is 28.3mm and this atomizer is 24mm in diameter. Atomizer comes in 6 differnet colors which is really nice. Package is nice, in the package you will receive two drip tips, coils and cotton, also in the package you will receive bf pin so you can use this atomizer with squonk mods. Build quality of the atomizer is really good, everything fits nice and threads are good, 510 pin is gold plated and it protrudes. You can see on the chamber logo engraved and from the bottom of the atomizer you can see some informations.

uW9P3l6.jpg

This atomizer comes with preinstalled 810 frosted drip tip that stands perfectly in the place. On this atomizer you can use any other 810 drip tip without any problems. Drip tip that comes preinstalled is comfortable for using but I really like the drip tip that comes in the package. In the package you will receive little bit shorter drip tip and the drip tip from the package has wider bore, I really like this kinda drip tips and I use this drip tip every time on this atomizer. In the package you will also receive 510 drip tip adapter so you can use here any other 510 drip tip if you like.

AMVnSBf.jpg

On the chamber you can see airflow holes, on this atomizer we have the honeycomb airflow which is really good, from each side here we have 13 holes. From the inside of the chamber you can see two slots on the top to hold the airflow conrol ring. Chamber has conical shape which will improve the flavor. On the airflow ring we have two airflow slots and two o rings. Also on the top of the ring you can see pieces that goes in the slots on the chamber, also on the bottom of the ring you can see two pieces that goes in the base. On the base we have two slots that locks the ring and the base together, so basically, when you spin the top cap you will adjust the airflow and what you adjust on one side it will be the same on the another side. Also we have here a stopper which is really nice.
When the airflow is fully open on this atomizer, you have really nice amout of air so you can use this atomizer at high power and also you can reduce the airflow so you can get some restricted draws.

7CBkYMG.jpg

On the base you can see two o rings that holds the chamber, juice well is very deep on this atomizer. On the build deck you can see 4 slots for coils leads, so basically building on this rda is very easy, one lead goes up, the other one goes down, on the picture you can see how I did it. So in my opinion this is a very user friendly build deck and basically anyone could build on this rda which is really good. Screws are fine, I didn't have any problems. The top of the deck has very interesting shape, so when you are dripping liquid will go on the both sides of the juice well which is really nice.

oaMNd5t.jpg

cI2Bx7R.jpg

LBim8M2.jpg

How this atomizer works and my thoughts:

Tengu rda is well built atomizer, build quality is really good. We have really nice colors to choose from. Atomizer comes with two drip tips and the drip tip from the package is really good in my opinion. Also in the package you will receive coils and cotton which is really good. You can use this atomizer with regular mods, in that case you will drip through the drip tip and because of the build deck design liquid will go on the both sides of the well, juice well is deep which is another pro here.
You can also use this atomizer with bf pin from the package, so if you like to squonk you can do it with this atomizer, personally I like to use it with regular mods.
As I said, build deck is very user friendly and you can easily build on this rda, I belive that you will have no problems here, basically you only need to place the coils leads in the slots, tight the screws and clip the leads. You can also pretty much easy place the cotton here, but if you use this rda with squonk mods you should fluff the cotton and leave some space in the center of the juice well so liquid can come to the cotton and up to the coils.
On this atomizer I tried clapton coils, I also tried round wire build with kanthal 0.5mm. In my opinion this atomizer works better with clapton coils because of the airflow. The airflow is designed to hit the coils from sides, but still you can move a little bit higher your coils so airflow can hit the coils from the sides and a little bit from the bottom, I like it more when the airflow hits the coils more from the sides. We have a lot of airflow on this atomizer, so in my opinion it works way better at high powers because flavor is best with airflow wide open or just a little bit closer, so with this atomizer you will get best performance at high power and that way vapor production is also very good. Airflow is very good and smooth, I really like the airflow.
So, tengu rda is very solid rda and well built rda, it works good as it shoud and it is very easy to build on this rda.

Cons:

- Side screws can twist your leads

Pros:

- Build quality
- Smooth airflow
- There is a lot of airflow when airflow is fully open
- Easy to build
- Easy to wick
- Screws are good
- Very comfortable drip tip from the package
- Two drip tips in the package
- Coils and cotton in the package