Become a Patron!

GeekVape Wenax Q Review by Ben28

GeekVape Wenax Q
Inicio.jpg

Hey there mates, how are you doing? Today I bring you the review of another pod-type device, the Wenax Q from GeekVape, a device designed for MTL or RDL vaping, with a battery that will probably last all day, quite portable and that also provides, in my opinion, a fabulous flavor, It comes with a 1.2Ω pod and another 0.6Ω pod so we can test what our vaping style is.

Let's give way to the photos presented by the brand but not before thanking CigBest for making this review possible, you can find the product on their website, I attach a link here for the
Wenax Q

Combo 1.png

The device features;
25W Max Output
Top Fill System
Adjustable Airflow And Wattage
HD OLED Display
1000mAh Battery
Childproof Design
MTL And RDL Style Of Vaping

The colors in which the product is available are in the photo above, in my personal opinion Sakura Pink wins me over all. I have to make a distinction, all the colors except Black have a glossy finish, they look quite pretty, on the other hand, Black is a kind of matte color.

Combo 2.jpg

In these images we see the features a little more explained and which we will see in more detail in the review below.

Filling.gif

In this video here we can see the refilling system, I am a very, very big fan of this system since it makes things very easy for you, you don't stain anything and it is very simple but, the product developer himself recommends not leaving the lid removed for a long time as this causes leaks, I will repeat it later as well but it is a detail to take into account.

The specs of the product are;

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-16 222412.png

Packaging and First Impressions

1.JPG

2.JPG

First of all, I would like to apologize for the condition of the box, logistical issues I suppose, but I am the first one who does not like to see a box of a product like that, now let's proceed with the analysis of the box.

On the front we see the GeekVape logo and name in large and we are also presented with the product, the color, the capacity of both the battery and the pod and it tells us that it is from the Q Pod series, which has the slogan " GeekVape Q - Quest For The Best" and is composed of the GeekVape AQ, the GeekVape Wenax Q and the GeekVape Sonder Q.

On the back the first thing we find is a description of the product, the main characteristics, what is inside the box, certain warnings and contact information. In addition, it comes with a QR code to verify that the product is original.

What is inside the box ?

- 1 Device
- 1 GeekVape Q Cartridge 0.6Ω (pre-installed)
- 1 GeekVape Q Cartridge 1.2Ω
- 1 USB C Cable
- 1 User Manual
- 1 warranty card

3.JPG

4.JPG

On one side of the box we find the name of the device very large and on the other all the GeekVape social networks and contact forms.

5.JPG

When we open the box we find something like this, the device fitted as usual in its custom-made hole, the spare 1.2Ω pod, a small box containing the C cable and an envelope containing the user manual and the card warranty.

I must admit that I don't know why, the hole for the device is very tight and it's hard to get it out of there, maybe it's my hands but I don't know.

The packaging looks quite nice, maintaining the usual aesthetic of combining colors with orange as GeekVape usually does, quite a good detail that they bring you the cable in a separate box, some brands leave it lying around and that's it.

6.JPG

This is how everything looks once out of the box, here we take a small look at the device for the first time and I have to say that it looks very nice, the glossy finish is very surprising and also, on the base, it has a chrome finish , which is surely prone to scratches but if we take care of our device we will avoid them.​

Device Inspection

7.JPG
This is how we see the device, on the front there is the OLED screen which we will see in more detail what it shows later. On one side we find the air inlet which is made up of three small holes that filter wonderfully, I love that it is not easy to move it, this way if it is in our pocket or if we accidentally touch it it will not change our configuration, a great advantage from my point of view.

Below the OLED screen we find a button since this device is activated by auto-draw or by button and, in my opinion, there is a big difference between the two puffs. Apart from being a button it is also a battery indicator, later I will show you all the functions of the screen and the button so that it is clearer.

As we can see, the color of the device fades from a dark gray to a light gray and a chrome finish on the base, I quite like the aesthetics of this Wenax Q.

8.JPG

On the other side we simply find the type C charging port that, according to what I have been investigating, I admit that I could be wrong, it charges at a speed of 1.5A

The device feels much heavier than you would expect, probably due to the 1000 mAh battery, but it still feels comfortable in the hand and could easily be carried in your pocket.

9.JPG

This is what we find on the back, some branding by GeekVape and at the bottom a notice that it is made in China.

10.JPG

As in the vast majority of pod systems, the cartridge is adjusted to the body using magnets, quite strong magnets but that have a slight slight movement that is only really noticeable if you play with it.

Under the pod we find the Ω and the recommended amount of watts that we should use and by the way, remember that we must always remove the sticker before vaping because otherwise it will not recognize it.

A small disadvantage that this pod system has is that right in this area of the magnets, after trying it for a few days, I have found some leaking or condensation, probably because the air inlet is on the way, nothing special, a few droplets but that We must try to clean from time to time.

11.JPG

This is what the pod looks like with the filling system from the top, honestly it is very simple, we simply have to remove the lid of the cartridge as if we were going to break it and fill the liquid through the small area with the black flap, never through the medium, since that is the chimney through which the steam rises.

I admit, and in fact it is a great advantage, that the pods are crystal clear, no tinting or things like that, you see perfectly the amount of liquid you have left without any problem.

''.JPG

Do you see what I was saying? It can be seen clearly without even removing the pod or having to give it more light or something, I love crystal clear cartridges or those with a very light tint.

++.JPG

Here we see the screen in more detail, at the top we find the watts at which we vape, just below the number of puffs that reaches a maximum of 999 (it is resettable we will see later) and finally a battery indicator with four zones, no percentages on this device. The screen also shows the notice that a pod has been connected (what Ω and what W vapes), low battery notice...

What I loved about the screen is how clear it looks and how bright it is. I checked it in a completely dark room and all the information it provides is clearly visible.

The button has these functions;
- 5 Clicks to turn on or off.
- 5 Clicks for the button lock, even with this, there will still be auto-draw and power adjustment, we will have to go through this every time we want to turn off the device for a total of 10 Clicks.
- 3 Clicks to enter the power adjustment mode, once inside, we will increase from watt to watt and once we have reached the one we want we will leave it for 5 seconds until it is applied. ( The device itself has a smart mode that will only allow us to choose a power between that recommended by the coil. )
- We remove the cartridge and hold it down for 3 seconds to reset the puff counter.

In addition, the button itself has a battery status separate from the screen.

Red = 0-30%
Blue = 31-69%
Green = 70-100%

Vaping Time

Here comes the time to test the device and as usual I started with the low Ω coil.

Before I start talking about vaping, I want to talk about the feel in hand, the Wenax Q is a little heavier than you might expect but it is really comfortable and ergonomic, it also stands up perfectly in case you want to leave it on the desktop but be careful with silly hits.

As for the sensation when vaping, it is very very good, the mouthpiece is very comfortable and it feels very good.

I must make a big distinction between the auto-draw puff and the button puff. The auto-draw puff has failed me on some occasions vaping MTL since at least it does not allow me to take a big puff, on the other hand, the sensation with the button is magnificent, you can take a very wide puff both in RDL and MTL, maybe it's just me, but that's what I think.

Now yes, the experience when vaping with the 0.6Ω coil was very good, the flavor produced by this small pod is magnificent and with a very good amount of vapor if your vaping is RDL. The best configuration that I found is 25W, that is, the maximum power, and the air inlet is open to the maximum as well.

I'm not usually an MTL vaper but I must admit that I enjoyed it a lot more with the 1.2Ω coil at 12W and with the air inlet closed, leaving only an open hole. The amount of vapor is reduced but the flavor is even better than with the other coil. In terms of battery life, a full charge lasted me about 290 quite large puffs, so the autonomy was more than great and the charging time its aproximately 50 minutes.

The only drawback regarding vaping, the leak issue, I would check and clean it occasionally to avoid any damage.

Pros And Cons

1.png

Conclusion

The GeekVape Wenax Q is for me a clear 9.75/10 solely because of the two disadvantages it presents, I have not been able to find any more so good, for that part, the ratio of advantages/disadvantages is clearly positive.

I think it is a very, very good pod system for the price of about €25 here in Europe. Additionally, you have a range to choose from 0.6Ω, 0.8Ω or 1.2Ω, in my opinion, the one with the highest Ω is the best in this case but for each one it will be different.

I have nothing more to say about this pod system, it is more than recommended in my opinion both for people who are starting out and for more advanced people who want to have a simple and practical system, in addition, we thank GeekVape for the power control and the airflow.

A big thank you again to the guys at CigBest for making this review possible and to you readers too!

That was the entire review, I hope you liked it, I loved doing it to be honest, any question or doubt, even constructive criticism, is accepted in the comments, have a good time vaping!

By Ben28.

VU Sponsors