Become a Patron!

Gemini rta vs TF rta

grizmod

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, which one will be better for cc? The new tf rta (g4 or g2) or Gemini rta?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
What do you mean by cc?

I have the Gemini, and the TF G4. I definitely prefer the Gemini, but the G4 deck is a pain to build.

grizmod

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cloud chasing.
I think what atomizer would be better for quad coil.:)

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Obviously the TF G4 deck is made for quad coil, but the design could use some improvement, IMO. It requires good manual dexterity and patience to build.

For me, a Velocity style deck makes doing quad horizontals a snap. So I would consider the Gemini or something similar. I've ran quads in the Aromamizers since last July. I'm about to put one in Boreas. Yesterday I received an Ijoy Tornado, and did 6 coils, but I'm going to caution you on that RTA. Why? Two reasons. First, the deck is loose. It doesn't have a threaded 510, nor does it screw into the 510 base. So you have to hold it while you coil and wick it. Definitely a pain! That also means to get a resistance reading you need to use a DMM or screw on the chimney barrel to stabilize the deck. That leads to problem 2: you can't pulse to work out your hotspots unless the chimney barrel is on. Kind of hard to work on your coils that way! You have to put on the bottom pair, put on the chimney barrel, pulse and strum. Take off the barrel, put on the middle pair of coils and repeat. Then repeat that process with the third pair! Or use spaced coils to limit hotspots. It's a really cool RTA that just wasn't implemented the way it should've been.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
As far as cloud chasing, both the TF and Gemini are no slouches :)

VU Sponsors