Become a Patron!

GEMZ PRIME MOVER RTA - Drip tip Innovation

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Prime Mover RTA by Gemz. The Prime Mover RTA was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Evan from Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Gemz...r-RTA.html

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Prime Mover RTA
1 x Extra Drip Tip
1 x Extra Glass Tube
1 x Tool Pack
1 x Manual
2 x Coils
Spare O-rings
1 x Vaping Wipe

Aesthetics

Another RTA with a look all of it's own and quite a bit of innovation going on as will become clear as i go through the review. You receive the Prime Mover set-up as quite a tall RTA with a pattern of mechanical cogs on the top section. I think the pattern looks great and very original but won't appeal to everyone. The air chamber has "Gemz" printed in large italics and again looks nice. The top section has two parts, the upper being the already talked about part and a lower section with sets of arrows showing how to operate the top part to open for filling the tank, (these arrows also are an aesthetic feature). I will go more into the innovation with the drip tips in another section but if the top part is pulled down over the lower part the other drip tip can be fitted and you now have quite a stumpy RTA. When the tank is set up either way the drip tip does have the appearance of a standard 810 and i do like the drip tips both visually and in use. The airflow ring on the base has duel cyclops with stopper and has a nice resistance to it. I received the black version which has all the printed features in silver, there are 3 other colour options available.

Specs:

Capacity: 3ml
Size: 24 x 53mm
Material: 304 SS/Glass
Color: Black/Gold/Silver/Rainbow
Thread: 510 thread

Assembling and Dissassembling

Although the Prime Mover has many parts to it and you have the option of having it set-up 2 different ways, the threading and design is that well done it can be taking apart and put back together very easily, there are no drama's whatsoever. It really doesn't need explaining as it's obvious how all the parts fit and doing so would be insulting peoples intelligence.

The Build Deck

The Deck sits quite high on the base and then the 2 posts are raised so the build will sit high in the air chamber. The other main feature of the deck is on the outer sides of the air intakes sit raised walls encouraging the air travel in the direction of the coils. The screws sit on the diagonal of the posts and secure the wires very well. The post holes are a fair size and a couple of fused claptons fit no problem but it's not suitable for big chunky coils. The Prime Mover possibly isn't the best RTA for someone new to building as the already mentioned walls get in the way a bit and also fixing 2 coils in the same holes can be a bit tricky, that being said for those who regularly build The Prime Mover will give them no problems and wicking is very straight forward.

Filling The Tank And The Drip Tips

The Prime Mover comes set-up as quite a tall RTA, to fill it you turn and push down the top section (this can be done due to a fitted spring), this shows the air pipe between the drip tip and the air chamber and there is plenty of room to get your liquid into the tank, you then just pull up and turn to lock and your done. When you have the tank open you can unscrew the drip tip, at this point you realise the air pipe is actually attached to it, you can now screw on the alternative drip tip which is identical apart from not having an attached air pipe, you know have a stumpy RTA (i prefer it like this). To fill the tank with this drip tip attached just unscrew it, this reveals 4 filling slots surrounding the top of the air chamber, when the tank is full just screw the drip tip section back on to seal the tank. The innovation doesn't stop there, obviously you would think you can't attach your own 810 drip tips which you can't to the actual tank but Gemz have thought of this. The supplied drip tips have an o-ring fitted inside them and are machined so a standard 810 will fit perfectly inside them, it essentially gives you a double drip tip meaning you can come up with all sorts of colour combinations. How many people would actually use double drip tips is probably not many but you have to hand it to Gemz for the innovation. One thing i would like to stress is having the Prime Mover in it's taller form doesn't increase the capacity of the tank.

Performance

I used my own fused claptons which came out at just under 0.24 and vaped at 45w and i tell you what, it is yet another RTA released at the end of 2017 which delivers exceptional flavour. I had the airflow three quarters open and although the tank was quite quiet i did detect almost an attempted whistle (a bit like a child learning to whistle but not quite achieving it), so i tried the airflow in different positions. Over three quarters and the tank is quiet but once you reduce the airflow less than three quarters it starts to whistle, less than halfway and it's quite a loud whistle. For me at three quarters and those who like the airflow wide open it isn't an issue, but it does need pointing out has some people do prefer a reduced airflow.

Pros

Exceptional flavour
Unique looking
Drip tip innovation
Tall or stumpy tank (innovation)
Very good build quality
Included coils
Polishing cloth (perfect for your fingerprint magnet devices)

Cons

New builders might find the build a bit fiddly
Reduced Airflow the tank whistles
Can't fit your own 810 drip tips directly onto the tank

Conclusion

Another flavoursome RTA and full marks for innovation, if you don't mind a slightly tricky build and either you have the airflow fully open or you don't mind a whistle this RTA could be your Prime Mover.

I would once again like to thank Evan from Heaven Gifts for supplying the Prime Mover RTA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Gemz...r-RTA.html

VU Sponsors