Become a Patron!

General Conversation About Boro Mods

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought my first Boro style mod during a Black Friday sale, the Stubby Xray and received it yesterday just before going to work. Looking through the forums I don't see any place where there is just a general discussion thread for Boros, so I thought I'd start one and see if there is any interest.

Unboxed my Xray (Thunderstruck, but only because Black Widow was out of stock when I placed my order) and put a build in the Stubby tank this morning. After a day's use I can say I might just head further down this Boro rabbit hole. A couple of thoughts. First, I picked the Xray over the normal Stubby based primarily on appearance. I really don't know if there are any other real differences but I do have a couple of minor gripes with this mod.

First, and this one I will probably adjust to with time, is that I can't hold it the way that feels most natural to me when vaping. I want my index finger on the fire button, but that puts the airflow slot against the palm of my hand.

Second (and easily fixable I think if I go through my box of random collected bits and pieces of vape stuff) is I dislike the stock drip tip, it needs to be a little bit taller. I'll just replace the drip tip with something I like though, so no biggie. Is it worth looking into some of the hybrid drip tips that screw in where in place of the flush nut?

Which brings me to number three. Why is there no tool for screwing the flush nut in and out?

And gripe number four, I have been vaping since 2015 and I have never owned a regulated mod until now that didn't include the resistance of the current coil on the display. I want to see that, even though my build was checked on a tab, I like to see what the mod says.

Having said all of that, I actually do like it, and think this will become my all day carry. I expected it to be small but was pleasantly surprised that it is even a bit smaller than I thought.
I have been dual using for quite awhile now, and based on today I think this might be just what I needed to get past that final hump and back to to fledged vaping. I made it through several hours without really feeling like having a stinkie, which I haven't done in a long time. So despite my minor annoyances, I am very happy with this purchase.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Which brings me to number three. Why is there no tool for screwing the flush nut in and out?
There is a toolimage.jpg
The one on the left is from @Bullcity Flavors it’s advertised to open the tops of flavoring bottles & the one on the right came with The Vandy Vape AIO both work & I sometimes just use a quarter.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is a toolView attachment 211038
The one on the left is from @Bullcity Flavors it’s advertised to open the tops of flavoring bottles & the one on the right came with The Vandy Vape AIO both work & I sometimes just use a quarter.
Thanks! Was looking at the VV anyway. On the one hand, the VV Pulse AIO 2 is due out in a couple weeks, on the other hand the v2 is 18650 only, while the original can take 21700. Decision, decisions.

VU Sponsors