Become a Patron!

Genesis Atomizers in the year 2014 and forward -- Where do they stand?

A_Lewis

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I guess the questions I have are as follows:
  • What are the 'old faithfuls' of the Genesis scene?
  • Have any newer clone or authentic atomizers made meaningful strides building off these older designs that attempt to rectify any significant faults with the Genesis design?
  • In terms of just flavor, what Genesis atomizer is known for producing the cleanest flavor? (Subjective, I know...)
  • Does a properly wicked Genesis atomizer surpass newer RDTAs like the Orchid, and the Billow purely in terms of flavor?
I keep stressing the flavor thing because I don't care at all about cloud production, I want the cleanest hit of my juice possible. I hope there are at least a few people on here familiar enough with the Genesis legacy to give me any info at all. Thanks in advance to anyone who contributes.

To address your first question, the old faithful of gennies would seem to be those on the market back when I started vaping, and became focused on gennies exclusively. I regard the DID as foremost among those. It's the grand-daddy of gennies. I own six of them. Another is the Vapinaze AC9, a genny that years later I'm still trying to acquire. I have two Krakens as well, and they aren't bad. I also have a BMG 22, which I do not recommend, but I don't think you can even get it anymore, for good reasons.

As for significant faults with the genesis design concept, I can only say there are badly executed gennies. I decline to cite examples as that would invite trolls, but after years of genny building I'm a big fan of the DID. It's simple, strong, well executed, and easy to build on. A genny is a vertically wicked and coiled atomizer over a tank. There's not much room for elaboration on that. Efforts to re-invent this wheel do not appeal to me, either they do that simply and right with robust hardware or I'm not interested.

As for your last question, in my experience NOTHING beats a well built mesh-built genny. NOTHING.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To address your first question, the old faithful of gennies would seem to be those on the market back when I started vaping, and became focused on gennies exclusively. I regard the DID as foremost among those. It's the grand-daddy of gennies. I own six of them. Another is the Vapinaze AC9, a genny that years later I'm still trying to acquire. I have two Krakens as well, and they aren't bad. I also have a BMG 22, which I do not recommend, but I don't think you can even get it anymore, for good reasons.

As for significant faults with the genesis design concept, I can only say there are badly executed gennies. I decline to cite examples as that would invite trolls, but after years of genny building I'm a big fan of the DID. It's simple, strong, well executed, and easy to build on. A genny is a vertically wicked and coiled atomizer over a tank. There's not much room for elaboration on that. Efforts to re-invent this wheel do not appeal to me, either they do that simply and right with robust hardware or I'm not interested.

As for your last question, in my experience NOTHING beats a well built mesh-built genny. NOTHING.
I love my BMG 22 it is one of the best flavor attys I ever vaped hands down and I've vaped, and owned alot of different gennys....although I did open up the airflow a bit bigger than the stock airhole...and the modder Francesco was just incredibely helpfull....

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Almost all of my friends, myself included, who have tried a properly built genny and willing to learn it have pretty much vaped exclusively with mesh since then.

I still find tobacco, fruit and drink flavors shine the best with mesh though; but if you only enjoy the ultra sweet bakery/cake vapes, I think cotton is probably more suitable though.

A_Lewis

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Almost all of my friends, myself included, who have tried a properly built genny and willing to learn it have pretty much vaped exclusively with mesh since then.

I've yet to convert anyone to gennies and not for lack of trying. All the other vapers I know prefer their USB chargeable box mods and some kind of atty I don't recognize. I just don't think many people are inclined to deal with the learning curve of building gennies right. Then too, there are people who can roll a mesh wick right, and those who will never be able to no matter how hard they try. I've seen it myself.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I still find tobacco, fruit and drink flavors shine the best with mesh though; but if you only enjoy the ultra sweet bakery/cake vapes, I think cotton is probably more suitable though.
I don't know man...the trend in vaping is getting to the point where almost everybody is vaping sub-ohms and ususually on tank.....I see all these newbies who wanna start vaping at .2 ohms and asking how to get bigger clouds bra......and you can't really vape a genny a .2 ohms bra...to get the clouds that all these newer vapers expect you need to use cotton....

A_Lewis

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never cared for the original DID cause of the screw on cap. I was always afraid the air hole wouldn't line up with the wick. Probably an unfounded fear, but it was always something that bothered me.

I own 6 standard DID's, and never had that problem. As long as you use the cap that came with it that air hole will line up with the wick every time.

A_Lewis

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know man...the trend in vaping is getting to the point where almost everybody is vaping sub-ohms and ususually on tank.....I see all these newbies who wanna start vaping at .2 ohms and asking how to get bigger clouds bra......and you can't really vape a genny a .2 ohms bra...to get the clouds that all these newer vapers expect you need to use cotton....

Yeah, I've been seeing that for a long time too, and I think those wanting to vape at insanely low resistance like that are probably the majority of battery venting episodes. There are some who get into vaping and immediately want to push the envelope as far as they can just for the sake of doing that. That might be appropriate if you are building an AA Fuel dragster, but I don't think it so wise for vaping on mechs.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I've been seeing that for a long time too, and I think those wanting to vape at insanely low resistance like that are probably the majority of battery venting episodes. There are some who get into vaping and immediately want to push the envelope as far as they can just for the sake of doing that. That might be appropriate if you are building an AA Fuel dragster, but I don't think it so wise for vaping on mechs.
I know you from ECF....didn't realize it till I saw your avatar....the pretty girl who liked the rsst....I was wondering why you would want a AC-9

A_Lewis

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know you from ECF....didn't realize it till I saw your avatar....the pretty girl who liked the rsst.

Ya got me, another ECF refugee :)

I left the RSST behind long ago in favor of the DID and the Kraken, but I still have several of them in my stash. I left ECF over the power-tripping bullshit of moderator Classwife. I'd had enough of that bitch and had them close my account after years on there, and I told them why. I'd still like to snatch that bitch bald and scratch our her eyes. The things you run into when you don't have a tire iron....

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya got me, another ECF refugee :)

I left the RSST behind long ago in favor of the DID and the Kraken, but I still have several of them in my stash. I left ECF over the power-tripping bullshit of moderator Classwife. I'd had enough of that bitch and had them close my account after years on there, and I told them why. I'd still like to snatch that bitch bald and scratch our her eyes.
yeah... well get in line.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Well, in my circle everyone is over 40, ex-longtime smokers, nobody interested in cloud science or anything that would require us to inhale vapor like we are using an asthma inhaler.

But sure, I totally agree, its all about whats cheapest and easiest, that's why there are so many macdonalds everywhere you look. Me, I rather cook my own hamburgers ;)

VU Sponsors