Become a Patron!

German flavors from Vaperstek reviews by wllmc

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What kind of steep time, if any, have you guys been giving these? I just mixed all the ones I got, at the recommended %. Will take a bit for me to sample each one, but will update when I do.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea I would agree, I use a high VG and go at least 10 - 14 days. But Some of your fruits should be done sooner depending on how complex they are. Especially if you are using higher pg ratio. You could try the fruit after a day or 2.

Don't go by smell with these they are very deceiving.

Tobacco's I always go 4-8 weeks on INW and have done the same with these; that's me at 75% vg.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm the opposite with high PG. I mix and vape. If I don't like it I wait a few more days. I find that if there's a flavor I dislike immediately steeping makes very little difference - but ymmv!

A flavor can certainly go from 'ok' to 'great' given time. But I never find a flavor to go from 'ugh' to 'great' no matter how much steep time I give it.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I also agree, If I dislike the taste I don't bother anymore with it either.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I will repeat any that were already done, if that's cool. All @ recommended % on the labels.

Blood Orange 6% - (sat 3 days) REALLY like this one, been vaping it since last night. Quite flavorful, not perfumey. Used at the recommended 6%, it's pretty strong. I would drop this one down to maybe 3 or 4% as a standalone and feel confident that it'd still be flavorful. It's not in your face strong like a well known INW Orange. It's deep orange, kind of sweet, with a little tartness to it at the end. The vapor trail isn't noticeable to me, it's not a drying flavor. Sadly, I've never had a blood orange, so I can't compare to the food, but it's a flavor I could easily take to work with me on occasion and be happy with it, which says a lot. I'd like to try it as a mixer and see if it over powers. Will I buy this flavor for $7 for 10ml? Ugh... I'd consider it at $5, for sure. It's $7??!! Dammit. After being on a hunt for a great orange, that kinda makes me mad, lol. I really do like this one.

Burnt Almond 12% - (sat 2 days) I like this one. It's a shame it's at 12%. I would need to try it at a lesser strength to know for sure if it would still come through, but the flavor is really nice. It almost reminds me of Hazelnut, tbh. It's a toasted nut, for sure, I just wouldn't call it almond without knowing. It's not at all "dry" to me, like some nuts, not overpowering. The more I vape this, the more I like it and can see it would get a lot of use. I still have a lot of the sample size, but whether or not I can still taste it at lesser strengths would make the decision on paying $5 for 10 ml. Flavor wise, I give it an A!

Cheesecake 5% - I think at 5% it's very strong. It doesn't quite taste like cheesecake to me. It definitely has a fullness, I'm getting a heavy cooked butter vibe from it, and not in a pleasant way. I think it could possibly work as a mixer in a very small dose. Very small. I couldn't vape through a tank, though. The buttery notes were quite a bit of a turn off. I'll consider making this at maybe 1% and revisiting it some time. I'll update if I do.

Coconut 5%
- NO. Can't do it. You know that thing when you taste or smell something foul, tell someone how foul it was, then tell them to try, too? Then they do, and get mad at you that they tried it? This is where that came from. This is like vaping rancid Coconut oil that someone cooked with and added a subtle cinnamon spice blend to it, forgot about it and tried cooking with it again. Then they played a horrible joke on you and put it in your tank. Who cares about vapor trail, body or fullness when you won't be buying this to produce those anyway. Flavor FAIL. GF should pay you $5 and then send you something of your choice for even offering this flavor, then apologize to Coconuts around the world. In writing.

Passionfruit 5% - Having never had Passion Fruit before, I won't be the best judge on this. So far, the fruits are winning over bakery/desserts for GF. This is very strong at 5%. It's very floral, tropical, full bodied. This isn't at all perfumey. This could be a nice mixer at very low percentages. It's not something I'd vape often. It would need to be mixed with something for my tastes, but if you're a fan of Passion Fruit vapes, you would probably really like this. Summertime vape, for sure.

Vanilla Pudding (Custard) 5%

Nougat 5%
- I'm at odds with this flavor. Every time I think I don't like this, I keep picking it back up! The flavor changes at every aspect of the vape. It's a bitter chocolate to me, then it's honey, then it's nutty, then it mixes it all up again in your mouth and suddenly, it's sweet and fluffly like a marshmallow! Or maybe like, um, I don't know, nougat? ha ha The aftertaste is really like the inside of a 3 Musketeers bar. It's a very interesting flavor. I'd use this in bakery mixes at smaller doses, maybe cream it up, cookie it, or toss it on a s'more. I think this could be a nice addition, but I think my sample size will last a bit, too. It's a fun one, really.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
German vapers seem to really like that Burnt Almond flavoring.
I haven't tried any German Flavours yet, but that one interests me most. Anyone had it yet?

Kaleidoscope71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok finally got in all my supplies in to go with making flavors lol! I have violinchen steeping :) the honey melon is great without steeping...i'm using a 3mg nic 50/50 unflavored base and going by flavor %'s given by German Flavors and using juice me up calculator. The flavors I have steeping are...violinchen, honey melon, dragons breath, coffee time, and chocolate banana...All that's left to make is nougat and i love cola. My daughter saw my flavors and syringes and stuff and said I was insane! lol! I'm not quite the connoisseur of e-juice yet but i will let you know how they turn out as soon as I give them time to let flavors develop and get new coils to try them out :p

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
have you tried them yet?
I mixed some up last weekend and just tried one so far, I am letting them steep.
The vanilla pudding/custard is good. I like it anyways but I am one that doesn't like CAPS custard.
I plan on mixing the remaining ones soon.

Kaleidoscope71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dragon's Breath is a fruit flavored vape...has not steeped more than 24hrs. I'm tasting grape for sure. It's clean and smooth - easy on my throat :) I'm new to this so bear with me.

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
....Don't go by smell with these they are very deceiving....

Hi, Cessnapix (my advice-well). I'm about to order some of these samples, but I'm wondering if it's just the flavorings that smell funky, as in nose up to the bottle, or the vapor, too? Over the years, I've had a few flavors (none of which smelled offensive to me, though I'm chronically congested) that have been downright nixed by my housemates due to stinkiness. Wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker, but I'm still curious about it (especially interested in the nutty flavors). Thanks. And thank ALL you DIYers for posting all these percentages and reviews!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, Cessnapix (my advice-well). I'm about to order some of these samples, but I'm wondering if it's just the flavorings that smell funky, as in nose up to the bottle, or the vapor, too? Over the years, I've had a few flavors (none of which smelled offensive to me, though I'm chronically congested) that have been downright nixed by my housemates due to stinkiness. Wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker, but I'm still curious about it (especially interested in the nutty flavors). Thanks. And thank ALL you DIYers for posting all these percentages and reviews!

I absolutely love the nougat, but it has a vapor trail (honey) that my daughter says smells like bad fast food.....I avoid vaping it when she's around LOL None of the others I've tried so far have a funky vapor trail!

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you, @AmandaD! I've been lurking around DIYville so long that I see you as one of the forum rock stars! I'll keep you all posted on how I fare with the German Flavours samples.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've heard most of the fruit flavors have menthol. Has anyone found that true/false after trying a bunch of their fruit flavors?

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't think these flavors are for me. Out of 5, there is only one I can vape.
My taste does not agree with the Germans. :(
I still have more to try but I am not too motivated to give it a go as of yet.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't think these flavors are for me. Out of 5, there is only one I can vape.
My taste does not agree with the Germans. :(
I still have more to try but I am not too motivated to give it a go as of yet.
This is exactly how I felt after the coconut fiasco. But I really liked the other 2 I tried.

I'll be posting Passion Fruit and Cheesecake later in the day.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Update, post 56. Cheesecake, Passion Fruit, Nougat.

*no menthol in the Passion Fruit, either.

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update, post 56. Cheesecake, Passion Fruit, Nougat.

*no menthol in the Passion Fruit, either.

Hey, Huck - I mix my nougat at 5% (recommended) - and as you know I'm totally hooked on it! Did you not taste it enough at 5%?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey, Huck - I mix my nougat at 5% (recommended) - and as you know I'm totally hooked on it! Did you not taste it enough at 5%?
I'm going to edit that, thanks for asking! My label does say 5%, so hopefully I just made a typo on that. I definitely tasted it enough at the % I mixed it. And I didn't write it down, since it's on the little envelope. :( Only one way to be sure, lol. I think it'll be a great addition as a mixer, though. I kept returning to that one throughout the rest of the day.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I posted the Nougat review, it had been 4 days. Now on day 5, it is much sweeter, the chocolate that I was getting is more pronounced. This is really good today. Now I know why I kept going back to it yesterday. My future self knew it would keep tasting even better!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I posted the Nougat review, it had been 4 days. Now on day 5, it is much sweeter, the chocolate that I was getting is more pronounced. This is really good today. Now I know why I kept going back to it yesterday. My future self knew it would keep tasting even better!

I have some I made a few weeks ago - this is one flavor that does nothing but improve over time. While I love it right away (shake and vape) it really does get even better. I made some for a friend yesterday and popped it in the crockpot for 4 hours to hurry it up!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have some I made a few weeks ago - this is one flavor that does nothing but improve over time. While I love it right away (shake and vape) it really does get even better. I made some for a friend yesterday and popped it in the crockpot for 4 hours to hurry it up!
Have you noticed this flavor lingers in a coil even after dry burn? You know me, I'm only using a mini Protank. I keep a bunch of coils made up for a quick swap in a hurry. I'm accidentally vaping Nougat Cookies, lol.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you noticed this flavor lingers in a coil even after dry burn? You know me, I'm only using a mini Protank. I keep a bunch of coils made up for a quick swap in a hurry. I'm accidentally vaping Nougat Cookies, lol.
I've only used it in an RM2 on a Reo and in my Egrip. It's hard to get flavors out of the egrip, so yes, that one lingers. The RM2, though, is easy to clean (wash it and dry burn it), so no lingering there (although it can be hard to get cinnamon flavors out).

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great reviews humans. Any new goodies?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Great reviews humans. Any new goodies?

I have one to report on: German Flavors Salmiakpastillen (salty licorice candy)

My suggested starting point: 4-5%. Less is washed out, more is Nordic-strong and should be approached an extra 1-2% at a time. I'm vaping it fresh-mixed, no steep. It's a pale yellow, clear flavoring and is vaping cleanly.

First, it's not salty. Like every other supposedly-salted flavor I've ever tried, there is no hint of salt whatsoever.

It's not as sweet as an average American will expect licorice candy to be, but neither are (most) real Nordic salmiak candies. Some of the real candies will curl your nose with salt, hot peppers (yeah, really), and extreme lack of sugar. This is not one of those extreme flavors, but it's no jelly bean, either. Thankfully, there are no hot peppers or other Nordic surprises lurking.

This is a black licorice with a mystery cool-th to it. It's not the cool-sweetness of menthol, peppermint, spearmint. It's a bit like anise flavor, but without the sweetness that makes anise so appealing. You taste it from inhale through exhale, much like you taste anise (not just on the exhale like Koolada). It makes for a rough LUNG hit, not so much THROAT hit. I'd recommend restraint to sub-ohm vapers.

This is not as deep a licorice flavor as FA licorice, but German Flavors is more complex and much less sweet. If you've never tasted real salmiak, this is actually a fairly mild version, not a bad intro to the world of Manly Nordic Licorice. I think a fan of real salmiak might even find this a little too sweet and should consider using a little extra PG in their nic base and using more than 4-5%

As I'm vaping this, that mystery cool-th is becoming bitter and a bit dry. That's not out of place for salmiak, and it might GF's way of trying to convince you it's salty.

I like molasses flavor, and that deep note is not prominent here. But I think this flavor would work well with some others (FA Licorice, a little anise for my sweet tooth, maybe TFA Molasses...) to create my personal ideal. If they sold this mystery cool-th separately, I'd sure buy some to play with.

Niche-flavor fans and licorice collectors are the best audience for this interesting version and would rate it 8+ out of 10.
Black jelly bean fans have been warned and would rate it 2-3 out of 10.
Licorice-haters would be thoroughly disgusted and should avoid this flavoring.

Personally, I'll vape a few tanks while considering how to modify it to suit my sweet tooth, without destroying its unique appeal.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The only one I have in your list is Radler - it smells like beer LOL (Yuck?!!) Mine don't say whether they're tobacco or not, so I have to look them up. All my labels are written in the same color.

Brazilian was good right off the bat. I made a second lot and left it overnight - delicious!
FYI, Radler is a drink, most commonly served in Bavaria. Supposed to have been invented by a bicycle rider, that didn't want to miss the beer flavor. So, he mixed half beer and half Sprite. Radler is Bavarian for bicycle rider.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Germans in my family use lemonade and beer. Beer with substance!

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok, maybe I'm being stupid but are 'German Flavors' the same as 'Jungle Flavorz' (which comes from Germany)?? If not, where is everyone buying the 'German Flavorz'. Some of these sound quite interesting - is VaporTek the only source in the US?

Thanks in advance.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, maybe I'm being stupid but are 'German Flavors' the same as 'Jungle Flavorz' (which comes from Germany)?? If not, where is everyone buying the 'German Flavorz'. Some of these sound quite interesting - is VaporTek the only source in the US?

Thanks in advance.

They're not the same! Yes, as far as I know Vaperstek is the only source. But their shipping is fast and their CS is great, so no reason not to order from them!

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wow, thanks for the fast reply. The reason I asked about sources is because I need flavorings in large quantities and I see that Vaporstek only has 10ml sizes which won't work for me. I'll have to think about this...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, thanks for the fast reply. The reason I asked about sources is because I need flavorings in large quantities and I see that Vaporstek only has 10ml sizes which won't work for me. I'll have to think about this...

I would email them directly and ask. They will probably be able to help you with larger sizes!

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Barbara, as Amanda posted.. Email us here, or call the number on the website and we will get some bigger sizes for you. We are already in the planning stages to start carrying 30ml sizes of the German flavours.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Germans in my family use lemonade and beer. Beer with substance!
"Goaßn Maß" as the name indicates, it's 1 Liter. Consisting of 1/2 Liter Coca Cola, 1/2 Liter Dark Bier, and 4 ccl (double shot) of either Cherry liquor, or Asbach Uralt (a German cognac). Yum, yum.

Reading this thread, it looks like I'll have to order some of these flavors.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
OMG Woodruff flavor. Reminds me of of a punch my mother used to make from self collected wild Strawberries and Woodruff. She put a bottle of champagne, the Strawberries and rough chopped Woodruff in a bowl, and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour. If that German flavor tastes like the real thing, I know I'll be making a punch e-juice with it.

VU Sponsors