Become a Patron!

German Flavours from Vapers Tek

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just whipped up some Vanilla Cream lung juice. It tastes like I'm inhaling the entire Dairy Queen franchise ! :D

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I just whipped up some Vanilla Cream lung juice. It tastes like I'm inhaling the entire Dairy Queen franchise ! :D
lmao that would be awesome

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got my goodies today! I mixed them all up at the recommended % except for blackberry cream. Did that one at full 14% and one at half at 7%. I even threw a recipe together with banana, vanilla pudding and some graham cracker. The strawberry smells sooooo good. Cross your fingers and toes for me that I can actually vape this one!
200.gif

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I seriously hope you like the strawberry! I know you want that one. Your banana mix sounds delicious! Keep us posted.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got my goodies today! I mixed them all up at the recommended % except for blackberry cream. Did that one at full 14% and one at half at 7%. I even threw a recipe together with banana, vanilla pudding and some graham cracker. The strawberry smells sooooo good. Cross your fingers and toes for me that I can actually vape this one!
200.gif
Mine are all mixed as well. The wait is killing me. Only 6 days to go :D

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL !! I'm afraid of using any heat. I have this phobia that the compounds will evaporate. I don't shake either. I swirl. I'm just nuts :D

LOL - well, they won't evaporate if the lid is on :) I'm impatient - no way can I wait for 7 days to see if something's vapeable:p

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaping the RY4 tonight. This is very impressive. So far I'm tasting burnt caramel like on Flan. Also picking up a soft marshmallow taste. I'm sure in a few days the tobacco will kick in. Mixed it at the recommended 4%

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
You may be right. The Lemon Cheesecake gunked up my coil in less than 24 hrs.

i hate it when a juice expires.. over heating, leaving in cars for like months! :p
or even when they go thru the washer and dryer :D

Deleted

Member For 5 Years
Gahh!! The suspense of waiting for thorough reviews on these flavors is literally giving me grey stress hairs!!! :confused:

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK, new flavors on the site. ;) more will be added tonight also.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just tried the Peach Yogurt. Tastes like peach yogurt. lol It's really good! Definitely tasted the yogurt, the peach is just a touch sweet with a little tartness. After 2 days from mixing, using the recommended %.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Today I got noisette, vanille tahiti, wild nature, and erdbeer sahne (strawberry cream), along with a new bottle of vg.

But I have Monday-itis and won't mix until tomorrow.

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
New flavors going up. And cheesecake is up.. ;)

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anybody mixed and vaped strawberry cream? It calls for 14%. Seems like a hella lot. I'll probably start at half that and go from there.

But was wondering...

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK, last batch of flavors added. will be re ordering today on the ones which are low.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Vaperstek - Have you run independent lab tests on these flavors to be sure they are acetoin, acetyl propionyl and diacetly free? I emailed German Flavours directly yesterday and this is the email exchange with 'Daniel Hertz' of German Flavours:

Can you guys provide Certificates of Analysis or adequate documentation showing that there is no diacetyl, acetoin, acetyl propionyl, or butyric acid in any of your flavorings?

Appreciate a response.

Thanks

Daniel Hertz (German Flavours) email response:

Good Morning,

I have no specific certificate, but I asked our suppliers about the intregents and they told us that all materials are without this kind of intregents.

I would hate to see VT get burned on something like this because you guys are taking someone's word on something when ZERO documentation has been provided to anyone as far as I can tell.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Vaperstek - Have you run independent lab tests on these flavors to be sure they are acetoin, acetyl propionyl and diacetly free? I emailed German Flavours directly yesterday and this is the email exchange with 'Daniel Hertz' of German Flavours:

I would hate to see VT get burned on something like this because you guys are taking someone's word on something when ZERO documentation has been provided to anyone as far as I can tell.
So much for believing what I read anymore :( Thanks for the info.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
well.. :/ that is a shame.. was hoping to pop an order up next week.. :oops:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
and another bit on their website:

We Expressly waive diacetyl. A research about diacetyl Has shown diacetyl did Promotes various aspects of amyloid-beta aggregation. Search agreggations beta are associated with alzheimer's disease. THEREFORE we don`t use flavorings with diacetyl or related diketones in our products.

down at the bottom..

http://translate.google.com/transla...?shop=flavours_en&a=catalog&p=145&prev=search

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I hope you discussed this with Kevin before posting it here?

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Botboy,

I have no reason to not believe what Daniel says. My own opinion of these flavors, especially the vanillas, from my own taste senses is that they do not at least as far as I can tell contain diacetyl, granted I am no expert in the taste testing areas, but I have tasted it before and I do not taste it in these as I have in the past.

Recently speaking with Jimi he was quite surprised that they didn't have the classic "diacetyl taste" of which he is very familiar with from past flavorings.

To answer the rest of your statement, I am not worried that if they came back showing some, which I believe they won't, that it will somehow affect my "standing" in the vaping community, or some sort of retribution.

To the best of my ability and within monetary means I do the best I can with the information I have.

I don't say this to throw any type of responsibility off of myself. And if you are really concerned send In a sample to tfa or other lab for testing.

Now, to set people's minds at ease who would be concerned about this. I will send off 5 flavors of vanilla to be tested next week.

This is my honest opinion and feeling on it.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I just didn't want you or anyone else offering these flavors to be stating them as diacetyl free when your supplier who is stating that to you has never run an analysis on them.

Still looking forward to try them personally as I honestly am indifferent to diketones, as far as adding to my juice line though, would obviously have to pay for testing first before bothering to try to develop something.

Edit:

and another bit on their website:

We Expressly waive diacetyl. A research about diacetyl Has shown diacetyl did Promotes various aspects of amyloid-beta aggregation. Search agreggations beta are associated with alzheimer's disease. THEREFORE we don`t use flavorings with diacetyl or related diketones in our products.

down at the bottom..

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.germanflavours.de/E-Liquids/VG-Liquids.htm?shop=flavours_en&a=catalog&p=145&prev=search

@Smoky Blue , it was after I read this and searched their website for MSDS or EU equivalents, or CoA's, GC/MS and found nothing that I decided to reach out to them. Unfortunately, I did not get the response I was looking for...

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i can understand both positions..
but it's best to know what you are working with.
i started yet another thread on this same topic. why?
because i do mix for others, and really..i would like to keep them and me, as safe as i can.
i like to know what i am working with, so there is no doubt at all in my mind..

true, i am a very small seller, however no telling about the future, and what we all will face once the fda stops playing and sets the rules..
i'd rather not remake my recipes, again and again..

Kevin.. I do appreciate you offering to get some of them tested.. please do not think i don't..
but when i see 2 conflicts already, it makes me leary..

i dont know what the answers are.. but i appreciate everyone trying to help us the community, out. :)

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Recently speaking with Jimi he was quite surprised that they didn't have the classic "diacetyl taste" of which he is very familiar with from past flavorings.
Exactly. I don't get that heavy feeling in my chest or nausea compared to FW or Lorann. Professional testing would be a great idea though. :)

murphy352

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have to read between the lines with the statement "We Expressly waive diacetyl" . Something may have been lost in the translation and they probably were saying "Yeah, we also don't like diacetyl" . I would have thought with all the flavor experts and "tree huggers" on this thread someone would have been screaming about no test sheets or at least would have picked up on the diacetyl or diketone taste. Maybe it was the excitement of new flavours?? or getting that box of free flavours?? (English is not my native language and pardon my poor grammer)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Im going to take the opposite side. have any of you had all your flavorings tested ? are we not all going off what we have been told by these manufacturers ? has anyone independently tested their flavorings in the vape cabinet ? has anyone tested what happens when you mix apple with cherry ? then when you mix base into it ? what about higher concentration and different % usages ? has there been clear evidence about specifically vaping any flavor at all ? Im not trying to rude or condone vaping diketones but show me where any flavoring at all is safe to vape .any flavor. I challenge anyone to show me clear cut proof that there is no harm in inhaling any flavor , or that vaping vegetable glycerin is safe. Im talking vaping 15 mls of vegetable glycerin a day. is that really not harmful ? I understand the custard debate very well and I am still waiting for someone, anyone to tell me that any flavoring on the planet has been tested for vaping. who cares what the lab results are for any flavor tested. I want test proving that using flavoring in the context we use it is ok. why would this be kevins responsibility ? now that I stirred the shit pot I will say Im not the biggest fan of these german flavors and they have that same inawera funky taste. but taste is subjective. I can tell you after vaping flavor art for a year that these are not as clean and I doubt there is no diacetyl at all in it because I do get an undesirable aftertaste. its probably subs. just like the all mighty caps V2 flavors. I have stopped using all V2's because the subs used make me feel worse that when I vape the FA kitchen line with diacetyl in it. who am I to say though. there are about 5 inawera flavors I like but there is a massive following for all of them so my 2 cents are only 2 cents. we are all friends here and Im not trying to start a fight but I feel like kevins been pinned in a corner here.

murphy352

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kevin is the one hawking (sp?) these flavors so there should be a greater burden of proof upon him. If you can not trust your vendor to be prudent and not jump the gun just to sell a new flavouring line for profit who else should one look to? Watching all the US vapor people get excited about a minimal amount of chemicals in their fluids may very well come back to haunt them by means of greater regulation by their government. This would be the antithesis of what they want I think.
This flavour line may be a very good example of "look before you jump". It is not being responsible to take the word of a manufacturing concern and not do the background checking prior to selling a product. Certainly the EU has differing regulations from the US is what I also am trying to say.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I guarantee you if any flavor on the market that claims no diacetyl or subs tfa, caps, inawera, german, NF went through the testing flavor art does they would all fail. @HeadInClouds could explain it so much better and I dont feel like digging around but a rough example is that TFA and most others test it for greater than or less than "example" 0.5 %........ if its 0.4% it can be said that its diacetyl free. is that not some bull shit or what ? why are we not pounding down the doors of wizard labs, and bull city, and heartland and everyone else about that ? we need to take that up with TFA and capellas thats why. so why are we putting this burden of proof on kevin ? he offered and thats awesome and shows his genuine character . if you really think you are vaping diacetyl and sub free and vaping anything but flavor art Ive got bad news for you.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
and I could be dead wrong, I dont have anything backing me and most everything I said. just throwing my 2 cents in. I understand kevin brought these over and it does bring more responsibility. I think its pretty cool that the first person to bring it up kevin jumps and says he will test them. this really might be a classic case of look before you jump. bet under our US standards they do test diacetyl free. we need to push for testing comparative to flavor art to get a real idea of whats in it. this could have been settled in a private message.

Last edited:

murphy352

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now this is very confusing.... maybe is the translation that is causing my eyes to spin trying to read the posts..... Does not the testing for diacetyl state "none detected" or "not present in significant quantity" or something like that? "bet under our US standards they do test diacetyl free" -- this quote I do not understand.... is "bet" related to the testing process?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Now this is very confusing.... maybe is the translation that is causing my eyes to spin trying to read the posts..... Does not the testing for diacetyl state "none detected" or "not present in significant quantity" or something like that? "bet under our US standards they do test diacetyl free" -- this quote I do not understand.... is "bet" related to the testing process?

@wllmc , smack me if I'm putting words in your mouth, but I think the point is the minimum detection level. U.S. standard for food flavorings allows generous amounts.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ya , thats what im saying. im just rambling but yes. didnt feel like doing all the searching thing

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I just dont think vendors should be having public discussions like this about an uncertain topic. it could be harmful for any 3 of them. we are common folk so I can ramble on on and have no affect on me. private message would have been much better place for this.

murphy352

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ach, HeadinClouds..... you used the phrase I was trying to remember. "minimum detection level"....... if the level is below a certain number it can be said to be free of that element, correct? The US way of relating test results can be confusing, but what I do not understand is why people are so upset about such minute amounts. After smoking for decades is a trace amount of acetyl for example really something to get excited over? Could be something like how we say "tomato" from that famous play by Shaw........lol

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just dont think vendors should be having public discussions like this about an uncertain topic. it could be harmful for any 3 of them. we are common folk so I can ramble on on and have no affect on me. private message would have been much better place for this.

I think the point of this discussion was what I was trying to say earlier. We value our suppliers, and before jumping into this thread and potentially hurting VapersTek business, it would have been much more prudent for this discussion to have been initiated via pm. Or at least started a new thread.

murphy352

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do not understand why this can not be talked over in the thread. Why does a reply need to be sent to private message? Is this a custom with sensitive issue?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not understand why this can not be talked over in the thread. Why does a reply need to be sent to private message? Is this a custom with sensitive issue?

Absolutely. Kevin has clearly invested a great deal of money in these new flavors. Had this been discussed via PM in the first place Kevin would have had the chance to address the issue in this thread himself if necessary.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. This isn't a discussion of a personal issue, so have the discussion in the open. The chemical content of flavorings is extremely important to the vaping community. If you are going to introduce a new line of flavorings in this day and age, you can be fairly certain that you will get questions regarding the diketone content (as well as any other compounds of concern) in short order. If the manufacturer doesn't have testing results, then the distributor should, and one of them should be prepared to produce them for inspection upon request.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I guarantee you if any flavor on the market that claims no diacetyl or subs tfa, caps, inawera, german, NF went through the testing flavor art does they would all fail. @HeadInClouds could explain it so much better and I dont feel like digging around but a rough example is that TFA and most others test it for greater than or less than "example" 0.5 %........ if its 0.4% it can be said that its diacetyl free. is that not some bull shit or what ? why are we not pounding down the doors of wizard labs, and bull city, and heartland and everyone else about that ? we need to take that up with TFA and capellas thats why. so why are we putting this burden of proof on kevin ? he offered and thats awesome and shows his genuine character . if you really think you are vaping diacetyl and sub free and vaping anything but flavor art Ive got bad news for you.

actually.. nicvape can and has.. all the mds sheets are available as well as the testing.

murphy352

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
MD_Boater -- thank to you for your cogent comments. You make wonderful sense of the commentary. A conversation like this one should be in the public area. A distributor could be considered remiss in not obtaining a quantitative analysis of the materials purchased is what I am understanding. This makes great comprehension to me.

VU Sponsors