Become a Patron!

geting varied Ohm reading (some quite high) on one build

I have a Koopor box mod with an Avocado 24. using pre build Hive Coils that should be running at .50 ohms. the ohm setting on my mod keeps changing. I can tell because every time it gets a new reading. It asks me if its a new coil. this happens ever 10 minutes or so. I wanted to know if the proble was with the box or the tank. it is very annoying to have to keep telling the box that no this isnt a new coil. right now the ohms are reading 2.40 with a really harsh hit only running it at 40w

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU....:vino:

Have you checked to make sure the coils are tightened enough?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Using temp control?...I'm not sure if the box has TC, just asking.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try different coils, I would assume there is a problem with the coils, hot leg, something.

Im running it on watts, yesterday I was running Clapton 26/32 with 5 coils and the same issue was happening that's why i switched to the pre build ones

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im running it on watts, yesterday I was running Clapton 26/32 with 5 coils and the same issue was happening that's why i switched to the pre build ones
Well it could be the mod. I don't know how long you've been vaping and building....but I'm sure you've checked other possibilities. Dirty 510, loose post, etc, etc.

VU Sponsors