Gettin my mix on

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay people, sorry to cut to chase like this, but been vaping the bottom of the barrel for the last 5 days and need to quickly get some good flavors in my vape... I like really bold flavors. My ADV is basically like the first couple of chews of Big Red Gum or Dentyne Fire made using TFA's Cinnamon Red Hots flavoring.

So, I'm looking for some recommendations on a couple of recipes to try out that pack a flavor punch using the flavors I have on hand:

TFA:
Apple Tart Granny Smith
Cinnamon Danish
Cinnamon Red Hots
Cinnamon Spice
Double Chocolate Clear
French Vanilla Regular
Gingerbread
Irish Cream
Maple Syrup
Mexican Coffee
Mocha
Peppermint
Raspberry Sweet
Red Licorice
Spearmint
Swedish Gummy
Sweetener
Toasted Almond

Cappella:
Cappuccino
Chocolate Fudge Brownie
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Lemon Meringue Pie

LorAnn's (regular not Oil or Natural)
Cherry (so far nothing good to say about this one...)

Thanks for your advice

Bill

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
all cappellas.. start at around 8-10% and go up.. ;)

gummy and red hots 10% each - spiced gum drop sweeten to your flavor spot..

Candied Raspberries

8% Raspberry <<< can substitute any other fruit as well..
1% Spearmint
3% sweetener
1.5% EM <<next time
*you might want to put Ethyl Maltol in your cart next time you place an order..

Quickie Danish

6% Apple Tart Granny Smith
6% Cinnamon Danish
2% Gingerbread
2% Irish Cream
1% Maple Syrup

could add .5% cherry and see how it might sit..

best calculator: http://www.vitalsparks.com/ez-mix.html

have fun!! :)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
TFA double chocolate.. is one of those less is more flavors. 1-2 drops per 15 ml max.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
all cappellas.. start at around 8-10% and go up.. ;)
Since none of the flavor I listed as Cappellas (or LorAnn's) are included in the recipes below, I assume that these are all percentages for TFA right?

Candied Raspberries

8% Raspberry <<< can substitute any other fruit as well..
1% Spearmint
3% sweetener
1.5% EM <<next time
*you might want to put Ethyl Maltol in your cart next time you place an order..
I figured that "sweetener" and EM were pretty much the same thing but different "brands", sort of like Splenda vs Equal. For now, would you bump up the sweetener or just ignore the EM completely?

could add .5% cherry and see how it might sit..
Not going anywhere near that cherry for a while! No way, no how!

I saw that one recently when searching for a calculator that would run on my Mac laptop, but failed. They indicated that even using some emulation software failed with the app, but I may give it a try anyway because right now I am remoting into one of my Windows boxes to run EJuiceMeUp. Have you used EJuiceMeUp? If so what do you like better about EZ-Mix other than the cost feature?

Thanks for these, they all looked delicious and I'll probably try all of them later tonight :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TFA double chocolate.. is one of those less is more flavors. 1-2 drops per 15 ml max.
Do you know how many ml's your "drops" are equal to?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you know how many ml's your "drops" are equal to?
I just use one of those plastic pipettes, 2 drops per 30ml for my tastes anything over that it gets super overpowering. so the drop is less than .10 ml or so.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Since none of the flavor I listed as Cappellas (or LorAnn's) are included in the recipes below, I assume that these are all percentages for TFA right?

I figured that "sweetener" and EM were pretty much the same thing but different "brands", sort of like Splenda vs Equal. For now, would you bump up the sweetener or just ignore the EM completely?

Not going anywhere near that cherry for a while! No way, no how!

I saw that one recently when searching for a calculator that would run on my Mac laptop, but failed. They indicated that even using some emulation software failed with the app, but I may give it a try anyway because right now I am remoting into one of my Windows boxes to run EJuiceMeUp. Have you used EJuiceMeUp? If so what do you like better about EZ-Mix other than the cost feature?

Thanks for these, they all looked delicious and I'll probably try all of them later tonight :)

yes, all tfa

no.. Em is aka Cotton Candy.. different types of sweeteners do different things ;)
for now, leave off the em..

i have used my calculator over a year and a half now..
beta tester, and the man maintains his scripts very well..
the ease of use i find with it.. it's one of the best, with the cost showing..
helps me maintain what to put back when I mix.. inventory.. ;)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Woo thanks @Smoky Blue, adding that calc to my list of tools.
My main comp fried with all my recipes and links and have been slowly rebuilding the list on this ancient by computer standards laptop.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use dropbox to store everything on my computer. With the desktop client installed on all my computers, it automatically replicates everything stored in it to their servers as well as every machine I have the client installed on.

After installing the client, Dropbox appears just like any other folder on your harddrive so it is easy to save files to it and drag and drop.

It is really easy to share pictures or other files with people too. All you have to do is right click on the file, select "share dropbox link" and then send them the link or paste into the picture url link in the forum. It's how I share all my pictures.

Overall it is seamless and all my data is secured in a DOD level secure system across all my machines, including my mac and linux box (now defunct).

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I mixed up a batch of the swedish gummy/cinnamon red hot mix and the red hot overpowered the gummy. I think I screwed up and decided to lower the red hot and raise the gummy at the same time and now the taste is just sort of weird. It isn't an unvapable weird, just not quite what you'd expect a hot gummy to taste like.

I didn't mix the others yet because I made up a batch of my own and was playing around with the new ZNA 30, but plan to this weekend after my new DIY mixing tools show up. I've been using sereological pipettes for the fine ml control, but they are really friggin long and the red hot eats them up so I'm obviously concerned about what that is doing to me...

I ordered a bunch of blunt tipped needles made by a petrochemical company who tested the gradiation markers with acetone, gasoline, and diesel without any impact to the markers or plastic so I imagine that they should stand up to a little cinnamon red hot :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
if you do not like the 10% each RH and Gummy, knock the RH down in half..

10% gummy << max highest i'd use this at
5% red hot

far as anything on syringes, i snag mine from cvs pharmacy, the free oral syringes..

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if you do not like the 10% each RH and Gummy, knock the RH down in half..

10% gummy << max highest i'd use this at
5% red hot

far as anything on syringes, i snag mine from cvs pharmacy, the free oral syringes..
Mistake I think I made is that I knocked RH down to 2.5% and gummy UP to 12.5% still tastes okay, just you can tell you went a little beyond the limit of the flavor... Ooops, that's want notes in recipes are for right?

As for syringes, the oral ones won't fit into the little 8ml vial I have been getting from wizard labs. I went ahead and got 100mg nic this time around though, so if I'm not in need of more nic the next time I buy flavorings, I may buy direct from TFA, although I'm gonna think long and hard about the super concentrated flavors I saw somewhere.

VU Sponsors