Become a Patron!

Getting back into vaping, question concerning nic salt

dm450

Member For 1 Year
So I took a hiatus from vaping for about two years and am now getting back into it again. I bought a bunch of e liquid at 0mg and after some time decided that what i was missing was the slight throat hit. I took a few 120ml bottles up to the local vape shop and they added freebase nic to them bringing nic strength to 3mg. That's packing more throat hit than I'd like so I have cut them with same e liquid to tone down the throat hit a bit. Also noticed that some flavors have taken the nic better and didnt require diluting.

So my real question is salt nic. I have read that it's much smoother than freebase and I think that's the path I'd like to try. Problem is the only place that I've found that sells "salt nic shots" is in the UK. Is there any stateside places that sell them? I like the sounds of the 10ml "shot" added to 50ml of 0mg e liquid to bring the nic level to 3.3mg base.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Also worth noting that I am not using any low wattage open or closed systems.

Forgot to add that I'm not ruling out hot spots and am going to continue to let steep and shake daily.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I was honestly just looking at the nic “shot” because of the ease of use. I am open to other options and value any input.

Ok so go out, pick up a bunch of eh 30ml bottles.. calculate your 4oz bottle of nic salt 100mg and your final bottle size, add that amount of nic, buy premade juice, and then do as you wish.

Seems much simpler to just go ahead, jump in and learn how to mix, if you are getting back into vaping. More cost efficient, easier to add up what all you need, and mix your own juice that will taste much better than just shop juice with who all knows what they used to make their zero nic ejuice. It really is up to you to decide what to do when making ejuice, most of us here make our own. Going around a beaten path just to add nic salts to ready made juice, kind of defeats the purpose..

You could just simply make your base, and use flavor shots too.. mixing everything up tho, will be cheaper and tastier in the long run.

dm450

Member For 1 Year
Ok so go out, pick up a bunch of eh 30ml bottles.. calculate your 4oz bottle of nic salt 100mg and your final bottle size, add that amount of nic, buy premade juice, and then do as you wish.

Seems much simpler to just go ahead, jump in and learn how to mix, if you are getting back into vaping. More cost efficient, easier to add up what all you need, and mix your own juice that will taste much better than just shop juice with who all knows what they used to make their zero nic ejuice. It really is up to you to decide what to do when making ejuice, most of us here make our own. Going around a beaten path just to add nic salts to ready made juice, kind of defeats the purpose..

You could just simply make your base, and use flavor shots too.. mixing everything up tho, will be cheaper and tastier in the long run.

That sounds like a really good choice. I was just trying to figure a way to bring all of the juice that I had bought to a desirable nic level. Making my own juice is something that definitely interests me though and will probably give it a go once I start putting a dent in the 900+ml that I currently have lol.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
TLDR: If the Nic they used was in PG that could account for the throat hit. Just a thought

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another thought is if they made a mistake and added too much Nicotine because they can't calculate correctly that could make TH unusually strong. Just my thoughts and opinion you know................

Last edited:

dm450

Member For 1 Year
If you wanted a 3mg total for a 120oz bottle, yes.

It sure is :)

So I took your advice and ordered some mixing supplies and gonna give this DIY thing a whirl. Pretty sure you'll see more questions from me. Think I have a pretty good idea what to do. Plenty of stickies here and if it's not on YouTube you just can't do it lol. Ended up using Bull City for concentrates since they made it so simple with the community recipes. My first go at this is gonna be with Game Over Custard :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I took your advice and ordered some mixing supplies and gonna give this DIY thing a whirl. Pretty sure you'll see more questions from me. Think I have a pretty good idea what to do. Plenty of stickies here and if it's not on YouTube you just can't do it lol. Ended up using Bull City for concentrates since they made it so simple with the community recipes. My first go at this is gonna be with Game Over Custard :)
That's a fan favorite. I get all my supplies except nicotine there. They also have members from the company on here as well as the maker of game over custard

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

dm450

Member For 1 Year
That's a fan favorite. I get all my supplies except nicotine there. They also have members from the company on here as well as the maker of game over custard

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

I got all concentrates from them and the salt nic, scale, and a few empty 60ml's to mix into from LNW.

Thanks to the helpful folks here I feel like I'm heading in a good direction without wasting a bunch of money in trial and error!

dm450

Member For 1 Year
Can anyone help me with this? Do we use the calculator like I used the freebase nicotine?

I’m definitely new to this so don’t take this as gospel. Everything I’ve read so far says to treat it just like freebase nic. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m definitely new to this so don’t take this as gospel. Everything I’ve read so far says to treat it just like freebase nic. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

That’s what I’ve read as well

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I would say you won't regret it but you MAY get sucked down the rabbit hole after you mix your first couple of decent juices. :)

Seriously, if it wasn't for DIY, I couldn't afford to vape. If I was buying store juice, even house juice, I'd be spending $15-$20 a day. By mixing my own, it costs me less than a dollar. ;)

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What’s the real advantage then aside from a lighter TH?

If someone is at 6 freebase won’t he need 12 NS to make up for the TH?

Not necessarily. You can raise the PG a bit. I generally vape 20% PG. Anything less than that is too smooth for me. Some people like a 30/70 pg/vg mix. It's about individual preference.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not necessarily. You can raise the PG a bit. I generally vape 20% PG. Anything less than that is too smooth for me. Some people like a 30/70 pg/vg mix. It's about individual preference.

Anyone know the difference between smooth salt and hit salt from NR? Also anyone add benzoic acid?

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Question. How does juul have it at 50% and its only like a 15-18mg? Where is the math for that if you use it as you would freebase?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Question. How does juul have it at 50% and its only like a 15-18mg? Where is the math for that if you use it as you would freebase?

Juul is actually 5.5% and they are lowering it down.
How low, not sure. but standard for Juul type ejuice is 5.5% of what ever size you are mixing.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Juul is actually 5.5% and they are lowering it down.
How low, not sure. but standard for Juul type ejuice is 5.5% of what ever size you are mixing.

Will salts feel the same as freebase in terms of nic? Th I know will be different

VU Sponsors