Become a Patron!

Getting better but still strugglin

Soundsystem00

Member For 1 Year
so far, the best results I’ve gotten have been with Alien Fused Clapton type coils. But it has still been inconsistent.

I have a Wotofo Recurve. I’ve watched mike vapes tutorial many times. I do everything just like he does. But then get a muted or subpar flavor.

Everything always looks perfect. The coils are .4 and the Pulse recommends 35 watts. I can’t even begin to taste flavor unless I push it up to 50 watts. I understand this could seem like a lot but o feel so much resistance from this coil.

Ideally I’d like to have something that I can truly run at 30 and have it rip.

The cotton has been an issue too. Seems like I either put too much or not enough. It’s best to stuff it in there until it is almost dragging the coil, right? Seems like I have better luck with trying do the minimum I can get away rather than the maximum. Even then, I still feel like I am not getting the full potential I deserve from this setup.

Can you guys recommend your all time favorite Pre-built coil so I can order some?

And has anyone ever used the Wotofo Profile? I also have that and the Mute Flavor was horrible on it.

Also any links to some tutorials would be awesome but I’ve probaboy watched them all! Haha.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
For coils, many members here make and sell coils, like @Shredtravolta or @VAPEROXX prehaps.
When I buy from a site, it's almost always from Advanced Vape Supply. 30% off right now with code Aprilspools. And I usually get these that I run under 40W usually 30ish in single coil mode.
https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/...-ss-alien-coils-28gx3-36g?variant=24182283905

For wicking an RDA, I tend to thread it a little tight then move the wick back and forth till the coil barely moves a tiny bit with each left/right pull.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
You don't mention the metal or wire gauges, also the size of coil. Aliens have more mass to heat up, try them on a mod that has a hard ramp feature.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All I can say is hang in there brother...it's all a world of hurt trying to learn it all at first, take ya time.
I've been vaping nearly six years now and i still learn things everyday. :)

Do you vape MTL or DTL? (Cigar or cig style)

A 0.4 ohm on a mech should be fine, but single coil is better for flavor, IMO.
Dual coils take far more power than singles.

Might try Vandy Vape MTL wire, it does wonders.

Last edited:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe watch videos of other's wicking the Recurve?

Which Pulse mod are you running? I've run a recurve on a Pulse 80w for a while and typically run an alien coil or multi core fused clapton around .2 to .25 at any where from 45 to 55w. MIght also trying to close down the airflow. Many times flavor is concentrated some with less airflow. This is just my experience.

Hang in there. You'll find your vape.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
so far, the best results I’ve gotten have been with Alien Fused Clapton type coils. But it has still been inconsistent.

I have a Wotofo Recurve. I’ve watched mike vapes tutorial many times. I do everything just like he does. But then get a muted or subpar flavor.

Everything always looks perfect. The coils are .4 and the Pulse recommends 35 watts. I can’t even begin to taste flavor unless I push it up to 50 watts. I understand this could seem like a lot but o feel so much resistance from this coil.

Ideally I’d like to have something that I can truly run at 30 and have it rip.

The cotton has been an issue too. Seems like I either put too much or not enough. It’s best to stuff it in there until it is almost dragging the coil, right? Seems like I have better luck with trying do the minimum I can get away rather than the maximum. Even then, I still feel like I am not getting the full potential I deserve from this setup.

Can you guys recommend your all time favorite Pre-built coil so I can order some?

And has anyone ever used the Wotofo Profile? I also have that and the Mute Flavor was horrible on it.

Also any links to some tutorials would be awesome but I’ve probaboy watched them all! Haha.
Get some rayon for wicking, it shrinks when wet instead of expanding like cotton. Also it wicks better, is more heat resistant, and much cheaper. My favorite coil is mesh in a Profile. Just roll up some rayon, clamp one side of the mesh, put rolled rayon under mesh and flap mesh over and tighten it. Unroll the rayon, fluff the tails, cut at a 45 degree angle and tuck the tails. Wet the wicking and give it a few fires to burn off skin oils. Cap it and puff, exhale the copious amount of vapor, enjoy the amazing flavor, get out your computer/phone, login to vapingunderground.com, find this exact thread, look for @Rooster Cogburn, thank him for his solid advice, log off vapingunderground.com for security reasons, laugh, tell those close to you how much you appreciate them, call your mother it’s been forever, donate to a charity, live a little, take a second to enjoy the scenery, cry a little, take a nap, walk the dog, feed the cat, play catch with your son, clean the litter box, take out the trash, say hi to the neighbor, and enjoy the day full of flavorful vapor that I helped you achieve.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get some rayon for wicking, it shrinks when wet instead of expanding like cotton. Also it wicks better, is more heat resistant, and much cheaper. My favorite coil is mesh in a Profile. Just roll up some rayon, clamp one side of the mesh, put rolled rayon under mesh and flap mesh over and tighten it. Unroll the rayon, fluff the tails, cut at a 45 degree angle and tuck the tails. Wet the wicking and give it a few fires to burn off skin oils. Cap it and puff, exhale the copious amount of vapor, enjoy the amazing flavor, get out your computer/phone, login to vapingunderground.com, find this exact thread, look for @Rooster Cogburn, thank him for his solid advice, log off vapingunderground.com for security reasons, laugh, tell those close to you how much you appreciate them, call your mother it’s been forever, donate to a charity, live a little, take a second to enjoy the scenery, cry a little, take a nap, walk the dog, feed the cat, play catch with your son, clean the litter box, take out the trash, say hi to the neighbor, and enjoy the day full of flavorful vapor that I helped you achieve.

WHUT?

664c1681d9f0ce3286b7b6302aac25c36731c862.jpeg

VU Sponsors